Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can I Cut and paste audio... and use time stretching?
Rich67 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 28, 2011 22:51 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
Question: How can I copy an audio track so i have 2 tracks of the Same file?

But let me explain what I'm trying to do first: I want to cut out part of the audio (a 5 second spot where the narrator stutters a line) then paste the audio track back together but keep the sync with the video; (time stretching?) I cannot find how to do this so I decided to try and duplicate the track and trim one audio track to end at the point I want to punch out and the second audio track will punch in to where I need and I would just sync this track to the video... how do I copy tracks?

Any suggestions on any of this?

thanks, `Rich

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 07. 2012 12:45

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Question: How can I copy an audio track so i have 2 tracks of the Same file?

But let me explain what I'm trying to do first: I want to cut out part of the audio (a 5 second spot where the narrator stutters a line) then paste the audio track back together but keep the sync with the video; (time stretching?) I cannot find how to do this so I decided to try and duplicate the track and trim one audio track to end at the point I want to punch out and the second audio track will punch in to where I need and I would just sync this track to the video... how do I copy tracks?

Any suggestions on any of this?

thanks, `Rich

Use Windows to copy the audio file. That gives you two of the same file with different names. The words " - Copy" is added to the file name of the file.

Then import the second copy into Powerdirector.
Add the second audio to another audio track.
Edit the audio as you wish in Powerdirector.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 07. 2012 20:45

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Rich67 [Avatar]
[Post New]
How do i use windows to copy the audio file? I don't follow what you are saying. There is a copy option in Power Dirc. 9 right clicking but it doesn't do anything as far as I can see.

There must be a way to copy audio files in Pwr Dirc. 9 and paste them to other tracks.....
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: How do i use windows to copy the audio file? I don't follow what you are saying. There is a copy option in Power Dirc. 9 right clicking but it doesn't do anything as far as I can see.

There must be a way to copy audio files in Pwr Dirc. 9 and paste them to other tracks.....

In Windows if you use Window Explorer to look at your files, you can right click on a file, choose Copy, then Paste.

Windows make a copy of the file and adds 'Copy' to the file name.

In Windows 7 if you type in "windows explorer" in the search box, you will get a choice of Windows Explorer in the results.

Use Windows Explorer to navigate to your file on your hard drive. Then Copy then Paste.

How do you know what files are on your computer, if you don't use Windows Explorer or Computer on the start menu?
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Rich67 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I use computer on the start menu. I was able to figure out how to copy the file in Powr dirctr anyway. I still wasn't able to smoothly edit the audio though