Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
what is the difference between the available settings in H265 HEVC format :

between setting main or high ?

between setting speed or quality ?

Is there a difference in the final rendering ?

which setting do you use ?

thanks
even if I re-encode everything, and after several format tests (readable for some on my TV and others generating errors) I will export my projects in H265 HEVC MP4 37 Mbits which allows me to reduce the size of final file at 6.8 GB instead of 10.6 GB in H264 60Mbits for a video of 27 min. It takes a lot more time to encode, but I think this is the format that will be generalized for the 4K.

I tried the following formats during my tests:
H264 MP4 60 Mbits: good rendering and fast encoding time, readable on both PC and TV
H264 MKV 60 Mbits: readable on PC but unreadable on TV: reading problem: image stop, artifact etc
H264 M2TS: readable on the PC but jerky and no sound on the TV
H265 MP4: jabber on the PC (problem of driver or software I think) But readable on the TV 4K without problem

Thank you for your feedback
I have created several personal profiles but none of these profiles apply to all my video clips
SVRT mode does not apply to all video clips; a lot of the video appears in red in the SVRT mode! (see Attachment)

I have the impression that the XAVC S format is not well recognized by the software, is there a bug?

I also notice that each camcorder video sequence at a different bit rate: sometimes 55 kbits, 58 kbits, 60 kbits; is that why the SVRT mode only applies to one sequence and not to the others?

Is there a setting to make?
Quote Hi alexcrak -

I believe my Sony RX10iii shoots the same/similar to your AX53.

I've attached 4 profiles I use for production here, initially extracted by SVRT. Just rename them to suit yourself. They are UHD & include 25/30fps & 60/100Mbps.

If you copy & paste the profiles at the start/end of your Profile.ini which you'll find at C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\16.0\UserConfigure they'll be available under AVC H.264 MP4.
If you want to retain the PCM audio, you won't do that with H.264 MP4. Rendering to M2TS or MKV will.

Cheers - Tony

thank you
but your profile does not solve my problem: it's worse : the SVRT mode is not available with your profile !
I am disappointed because the SVRT mode worked well with my previous Sony camcorder filming in AVCHD 1920x1080p : only transitions, titles etc. were reprocessed by the software.

now, I have an Ax53 sony camcorder in 4K XAVC S 60 kbits mode that generates an MP4 file with LCPM audio.

I want to finalize my video using the SVRT mode in order to preserve the best image quality : but the SVRT mode does not apply to all the sequences. I feel that the format is not well recognized by the software? so sony camcorders are the most used in the world ... I do not understand.

is there a setting to make ?

thank you
bug occurs during import avchd files with all the nvidia drivers with geforce experience
je viens de trouver le probleme qui fait planter powerdirector 13 ou 14 lors de l'ouverture de fichier AVCHD (ou M2TS)

ce bug apparait lors de l'installation des derniers pilotes nvidia avec le logiciel intégré "geforce experience": il suffit alors de supprimer le programme "geforce experience" après l'installation d'un pilote nvidia.
le problème revient.

j'ai utilisé le même disque DVD+RW que précédemment pour graver un nouveau projet AVCHD et celui-ci est illisible sur ma PS3

je ne comprend plus rien !

The problem returns.

I used the same disk DVD+RW as previously to burn a new AVCHD project and this one is illegible on my PS3

I includes nothing more!
I have just found...

The problem is not Powerdirector 10, it came from my DVD+RW

I used another DVD+RW which is identical the first (verbatim +RW 4.7 Go) and that works.

je viens de trouver ...

cela venait de mon DVD+RW

j'ai utilisé un autre DVD+RW qui est d'ailleur identique (verbatim +RW 4.7 Go) et ça fonctionne .
Bonjour,

Je n'arrive plus à graver un DVD AVCHD qui soit lisible sur ma Playstation 3 avec la nouvelle version de PowerDirector 10 alors que ça fonctionnait avec PowerDirector 9 !

Le DVD n'est pas reconnu par la PS3 : la PS3 ne voit pas le DVD et ne lance pas le film !

PS : J'utilise un DVD+RW Verbatim

Hello,

I do not any more manage to burn a DVD AVCHD which is readable on my Playstation 3 with the new version of PowerDirector 10 while that worked with PowerDirector 9!

The DVD is not recognized by the PS3: the PS3 does not see the DVD and does not launch the movie !
Go to: