Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
bug SVRT with 4K XAVC S 60 kbits SONY AX53
alexcrak [Avatar]
Newbie Location: ER Joined: Dec 21, 2011 03:04 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
I am disappointed because the SVRT mode worked well with my previous Sony camcorder filming in AVCHD 1920x1080p : only transitions, titles etc. were reprocessed by the software.

now, I have an Ax53 sony camcorder in 4K XAVC S 60 kbits mode that generates an MP4 file with LCPM audio.

I want to finalize my video using the SVRT mode in order to preserve the best image quality : but the SVRT mode does not apply to all the sequences. I feel that the format is not well recognized by the software? so sony camcorders are the most used in the world ... I do not understand.

is there a setting to make ?

thank you
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi alexcrak -

I believe my Sony RX10iii shoots the same/similar to your AX53.

I've attached 4 profiles I use for production here, initially extracted by SVRT. Just rename them to suit yourself. They are UHD & include 25/30fps & 60/100Mbps.

If you copy & paste the profiles at the start/end of your Profile.ini which you'll find at C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\16.0\UserConfigure they'll be available under AVC H.264 MP4.
If you want to retain the PCM audio, you won't do that with H.264 MP4. Rendering to M2TS or MKV will.

Cheers - Tony
 Filename
Sony Profiles.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
3 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
218 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
alexcrak [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi alexcrak -

I believe my Sony RX10iii shoots the same/similar to your AX53.

I've attached 4 profiles I use for production here, initially extracted by SVRT. Just rename them to suit yourself. They are UHD & include 25/30fps & 60/100Mbps.

If you copy & paste the profiles at the start/end of your Profile.ini which you'll find at C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\16.0\UserConfigure they'll be available under AVC H.264 MP4.
If you want to retain the PCM audio, you won't do that with H.264 MP4. Rendering to M2TS or MKV will.

Cheers - Tony

thank you
but your profile does not solve my problem: it's worse : the SVRT mode is not available with your profile !
[Thumb - 1.jpg]
 Filename
1.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
278 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
5 time(s)
alexcrak [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have created several personal profiles but none of these profiles apply to all my video clips
SVRT mode does not apply to all video clips; a lot of the video appears in red in the SVRT mode! (see Attachment)

I have the impression that the XAVC S format is not well recognized by the software, is there a bug?

I also notice that each camcorder video sequence at a different bit rate: sometimes 55 kbits, 58 kbits, 60 kbits; is that why the SVRT mode only applies to one sequence and not to the others?

Is there a setting to make?
[Thumb - 2.jpg]
 Filename
2.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
376 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
7 time(s)
Roland vl [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 23, 2017 03:44 Messages: 39 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same camcorder Sony AX53. The same problem: no SVRT in general, only on Some small clips....
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
There is no setting that is likely to make re-rendering unnecessary. If you click on the ? (top right) & go to "SVRT Rules", you'll see why.

I seriously doubt that adding those profiles "made it worse"! To test, just delete them & see if it miraculously gets any better! But thanks for your appreciation.

When I have a bunch of UHD clips in the timeline - all from the Sony RX10iii - all shot on the same settings - I get the same thing you showed in your screenshot. Most of the clips need re-rendering. See attached "Sony SVRT 1". After applying a suggested profile (creating a new one), they still need re-rendering... but at least there's a profile that's close to correct.

The bitrates stated when you check the SVRT info are average bitrates for each clip. That will vary depending on what you're shooting. Typically, increased action = increased bitrate. Within each clip, the bitrate varies... The first clip below was camera on tripod beside a still(ish) river. The second clip was handheld, from a moving boat, shooting a seaplane taking off (i.e. more action).

As you can see, the second clip has (a) more variance in VBR & (b) a higher average VBR.

Given that, can you blame PDR for being unable to find a profile that matches every clip in your timeline?

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - Sony SVRT 2.png]
 Filename
Sony SVRT 2.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
770 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
7 time(s)
[Thumb - Sony SVRT 1.png]
 Filename
Sony SVRT 1.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
781 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
1 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
alexcrak [Avatar]
[Post New]
even if I re-encode everything, and after several format tests (readable for some on my TV and others generating errors) I will export my projects in H265 HEVC MP4 37 Mbits which allows me to reduce the size of final file at 6.8 GB instead of 10.6 GB in H264 60Mbits for a video of 27 min. It takes a lot more time to encode, but I think this is the format that will be generalized for the 4K.

I tried the following formats during my tests:
H264 MP4 60 Mbits: good rendering and fast encoding time, readable on both PC and TV
H264 MKV 60 Mbits: readable on PC but unreadable on TV: reading problem: image stop, artifact etc
H264 M2TS: readable on the PC but jerky and no sound on the TV
H265 MP4: jabber on the PC (problem of driver or software I think) But readable on the TV 4K without problem

Thank you for your feedback