Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Oh I get it - you're copying from two tracks at once. In that case, that's exactly what the rest of us would get.

If you split the clip in T1 and copy it, paste in in T3 - then split the clip in T2 & paste in in T4 at the same point (directly under the other clip you pasted), that should give you the result.

In the screen capture, I was only copying from T1.

Cheers - Tony

Many Thanks Tony,

Got it..and it works !!

Thx again
Quote Could you post a screenshot of your timelines showing (a) the clip (or part) you want to copy/paste & (b) the track and position you want to paste it?

If you click in Track 3 before pasting it definitely should NOT be pasting in a different track.

Cheers - Tony

here is screen garb 4
Quote Could you post a screenshot of your timelines showing (a) the clip (or part) you want to copy/paste & (b) the track and position you want to paste it?

If you click in Track 3 before pasting it definitely should NOT be pasting in a different track.

Cheers - Tony

Attached are 4 screen shots.

1 Clip area to be copied

2. Area to be pasted

3 Paste options

As I can only attach 3 files, I will send the last on a seperate answer in a momant.
Quote Hi kingsmeadow -

Quote: What am I not doing correctly???

After you've copied the part of the clip you want pasted in a different track, are you doing these two things?

1. Place the scrubber/timeline marker at the point you want to paste, &

2. Click on the track where you want it pasted

See the attached screen capture.

Cheers - Tony

Thx for response Tony,

Well that looks exactly what I am trying to do, but it pastes the clip on both tracks 1 and 2 and not 3 in this case. One thing different, is that you use Paste and Overwrite, which is greyed out for me, I only have Paste, Insert and Move All Clips. Could this be the problem ?
Quote Place splits on the clip on track 1 on the portion you want to copy. You can then right mouse click on that portion and select copy. Place the scrubber where you want on the other track and paste.

Now that I know what a scrubber is !...I have tried several times to but it continues to paste on both tracks..Waht am I not doing correctly ???

Is there a video tutorial I could have a look at ?
Quote Place splits on the clip on track 1 on the portion you want to copy. You can then right mouse click on that portion and select copy. Place the scrubber where you want on the other track and paste.

I insert a video on track one and another on track two. I place the splits on track one and copy..I don't know what the term scrubber means ! I've never heard that before in the context of Power Director editing.
I tried what you suggested, but it only pastes what I have copied back into the first track !
Cannot seem to find the answer to copy part of a video from one track and insert it in a video on another track.

Have I missed something..
I tried to edit a .mov file and discovered that the audio was missing in the produced .mov file. This was just a short test to determine if there were any problems editing these types of files, which I have never done before.

Any help much apprecitaed.

Just found I needed to change audio codec to LPCM and that worked !!!
I have created a multiple track project by opening a video file then rpoducing a 5.1 audio file. I then want to adjust each indvidual audio track in the 5.1 mode, but I cannot seem to get the adjustment option to appear as shown in my grab2.jpg.

Any thoughts much appreciated. I am new to AudioDirector, but not new to surround sound as I have been using another product to that. But I am a user of PowerDirector for many years ans I like the idea of being able to send directly to it from AudioDirector.

Bernie
Here are the results, it's only Time D that is a question ?

I have also update my profile, which was out of date.
I decided I would do the same test on my PC with the 680 card.

I used the same 3 minute video and selected HA in Prefs and checked the boxes in Produce it took 9 secs. I unchecked only the boxes in Produce and it took 9 secs !

I then unchecked HA in Prefs as well as the boxes in Produce and it took 17 secs.

I then left the HA in Prefs unchecked and checked the boxes in Produce and it took 9 secs !!!

I am now really confused about the settings options....
Quote:
Quote: I rendered an MP4 without HA checked under prefs and it took 43 sec's to complete.

Oh, yes, that I understand. As I said, don't be fooled, the pref HA options do not control HA encoding. They can affect, but do not control, and as I said, this activity is still supported. HA encoding is only controlled on the "Produce" page or in the "Create Disc" module when doing that function. There is a post that clearly discusses the difference, I will search for it.

Jeff

I did another test with the 377 drivers and I am now scratching my head ! The checkbox shows up under production so that's ok. I ran the same 3 minute video with both HA in prefs and the accelleration boxes in production checked. It took 35 seconds. I ran the same test with the boxes in production unchecked and it took 35 secs !! I then unchecked HA under prefs and the production boxes unchecked and it took 38 secs. There is a relationship between the prefs and the production boxes that I clearly do not understand.
That is odd to me. Maybe I'll try the GTX580 and see if it mimics your experience. Nvidia drivers past 337.88 removed the CUDA based encoding so that's why these pre Kepler cards lack HA. In my view there was also changes in PD14 relative to PD13 concerning this too. A bit of a puzzle to unravel based on testing as PD documentation of supported GPU's is very lacking.

If the check marks are not there, how are you turning HA on and off within PD? Can you provide a % difference between the two cards in encoding same source to try and get a better feel for what you are experiencing. A few minutes out of 4 minute encode is very different, a few minutes out of 30minute encode not so different. I used to have a GTX470 and it was nothing close to the GTX650 in performance. Make sure in Pref > HA both items are unchecked so one's not fooled by the GPU doing other activity that's still supported.

Jeff

I didn't make it very clear,,sorry, I am making many assumptions...

I created a very short 3 minute video for testing purposes. I rendered an MP4 without HA checked under prefs and it took 43 sec's to complete. I rendered the same video with HA checked under prefs, and it took 35 secs to complete, and also my GPU-Z showed about 10% GPU load with the HA checked and 0 load with the HA unchecked. I am convinced the HA is working. And it only works on one GPU, but that has always been the case, whether the newer nvidia cards now cope I do not know.
Quote:

Interesting, I may give it a try. However my Device installation settings are different. I have yes, but my No option , only has (your device might not work as expected ) It might be because I am on the Insider programme and I get updates all the time.

Further info...I also have another PC with a GTX 680, and Win 10 with the latest Nvidia drivers and it works perfectly with HA. !

I then went back to my PC with the 480's and installed GPU-Z and , much to my surprise the HA is actually working. The check marks are not there on PD. But if I turn HA on and off, it responds accordingly. A bit of a puzzle. I compared timings with my 680 against the 480 with HA enabled and there is only a few minutes difference between them, so I am convinced it is working. The puzzle remains why no check box available.

Interesting, I may give it a try. However my Device installation settings are different. I have yes, but my No option , only has (your device might not work as expected ) It might be because I am on the Insider programme and I get updates all the time.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote: What driver are you using? I saw somewhere that you might have to roll back to around 337, so I did.

I went back to an earlier driver however that didn't work, so I went back to the one you suggested and that works !

Thanks for tip.

The version prior to 340.43 is 337.88. To my knowledge this is the latest driver that will work. What earlier driver did you try that didn't work?

Jeff

Sorry I didn't make it clear. The earlier driver was 347, which someone in another thread said worked. That was before I found this thread. And as a follow up, I can also add, that Windows 10 doesn't like the old version and immediatley tries to update to the latest. I have to figure out how to stop that. At the moment I have cloned the drive onto another disc and put a stop on all upgrades, not sure even then that it will be enough. Time will tell.
Quote: What driver are you using? I saw somewhere that you might have to roll back to around 337, so I did.

I went back to an earlier driver however that didn't work, so I went back to the one you suggested and that works !

Thanks for tip.
Quote:
Quote: I bought PD14 Ultar last night and fitted a second GTX460 in SLI in anticipation of doing some 4K editing.

I tried hardware encoding a file today and it only showed about 20% GPU usage on one of the GPUs and 0% on the other and 23% cpu usage.

Does anyone know what sort of %s are normal?

From what I know, PD does not support SLI so 0% on second GPU would appear normal based on my experience. Single GPU load for hardware encoding is rather dependant on particular format of encoding and box.

Jeff

I have 2 480's but they don't show up as being availabe for any HA..I did have them connected in SLI, but disconnected and they still don't show..Any suggestions ?
Actually I found out how to do it !!

Do the voice over and it's displayed on a separate track, grab it and place on top the original track and you get the option to "overwrite " Perfect,,
Go to: