Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Edit individual tracks in surround mode
kingsmeadow
Senior Member Location: Cambridge, UK Joined: Dec 06, 2011 11:52 Messages: 179 Offline
[Post New]
I have created a multiple track project by opening a video file then rpoducing a 5.1 audio file. I then want to adjust each indvidual audio track in the 5.1 mode, but I cannot seem to get the adjustment option to appear as shown in my grab2.jpg.

Any thoughts much appreciated. I am new to AudioDirector, but not new to surround sound as I have been using another product to that. But I am a user of PowerDirector for many years ans I like the idea of being able to send directly to it from AudioDirector.

Bernie
[Thumb - grab1.jpg]
 Filename
grab1.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
147 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
155 time(s)
[Thumb - grab2.jpg]
 Filename
grab2.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
66 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
165 time(s)
Intel Core i7 3770K 3.6 Ghz,
GTX 680, 2 X Benq23 3D monitors,
6G DDR3, Win 7 64, Win 10 (Insider) 64
PCIE SSD, Intel Sata SSD 2 500 Gbyte Seagate,
Minoru 3D WebCam, NVIDIA 3D Vision-Ready
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I have created a multiple track project by opening a video file then rpoducing a 5.1 audio file. I then want to adjust each indvidual audio track in the 5.1 mode, but I cannot seem to get the adjustment option to appear as shown in my grab2.jpg.

Probably just terminology, you edit channels of a 5.1 and you mix tracks. You would edit your 5.1 channels in the edit room selecting each channel and editing that particular channel of 5.1 as you wish. Modify each channel as desired as shown in your (grab1). You then mix multiple tracks (not channels) in your grab2, you can mix up to 99 audio tracks with the "Mix" functionality.

Jeff
kingsmeadow2 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 06, 2015 09:12 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Try as I may I cannot get any options up on the appropriate channels to modify the amplitude. I am look for something in front of the channels like it grab2, I am using the trial version could that be the issue ?
[Post New]
Hello Bernie,

Jeff has clarified the difference between editing tracks and channels. "Grab2" is a screenshot from the Mix module.

If you want to edit separate channels in the Edit module, first switch to Single channel view. Select the area you need to adjust than apply the adjustment in the left panel.

In the screenshot, the Centre channel is being boosted by +2dB

PIX

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 10. 2015 03:36

PIX YouTube channel
kingsmeadow2 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hello Bernie,

Jeff has clarified the difference between editing tracks and channels. "Grab2" is a screenshot from the Mix module.

If you want to edit separate channels in the Edit module, first switch to Single channel view. Select the area you need to adjust than apply the adjustment in the left panel.

In the screenshot, the Centre channel is being boosted by +2dB

PIX

Thanks Pix,

However I do not get that adjustment box on the left !

I can see the MIX option is quite a good one, what I do not understand is why my 6 surround sound channels do not show up, when I select MIX ?? I only see the video , and 3 others, not the 6 I would expect.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 10. 2015 05:00

[Post New]
The Adjustment panel is available in both the Edit and Mix modules.

5.1 audio is displayed differently in each module, as shown in the screenshot below.

It may be worth taking a look at the HELP file, which explains the use of each module.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
kingsmeadow2 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks again,

Actually I do get that adjustment box, I didn't look closely enough to see you had selected the boost option. And I am beginning to understand. It seems to me that the only way I can lower the volume in each channel is to use the keyframe option ( Having just tried that option it would seem that it only adjusts the master channel !). I don't want to boost anything. If I could get my channels to appears as 6 tracks in MIX it would be perfect, and I can do that but it is a time consuming effort,

Edited later......

And here is what I have done to acheive my aim. Imported a video, produce it as a 5.1 surround sound project. In edit, removed all but one track and produced a new audio file, and named it Left for example, and continued this exercise for all 6 channels. Then I imported each of them into their respective tracks in MIX and there I can do exactly what I want with each track. Perfect !! As I said it's a bit time consuming, but it is do-able. It would be very nice if ADR had this ability in EDIT mode. Maybe next version.

Thanks PIX for your suggestions, they led me to my conclusion.

Bernie

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Nov 11. 2015 05:12