Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Copy and Paste video from track to track
kingsmeadow
Senior Member Location: Cambridge, UK Joined: Dec 06, 2011 11:52 Messages: 179 Offline
[Post New]
Cannot seem to find the answer to copy part of a video from one track and insert it in a video on another track.

Have I missed something.. Intel Core i7 3770K 3.6 Ghz,
GTX 680, 2 X Benq23 3D monitors,
6G DDR3, Win 7 64, Win 10 (Insider) 64
PCIE SSD, Intel Sata SSD 2 500 Gbyte Seagate,
Minoru 3D WebCam, NVIDIA 3D Vision-Ready
Hatti
Contributor Location: Bonn, Germany Joined: Feb 21, 2017 15:54 Messages: 576 Offline
[Post New]
Mark a region (the yellow little arrows on both sides of the timeline marker) or select a whole clip. Right Mouse Click - Copy. Put the Timeline marker where you want and the Mouse pointer over the track you want to have the copy pasted to. Right Mouse Click - Paste with the options you want to choose. This works only, if there is still a clip in the track. If not, the pasted clip will be pasted in Track 1. This also works between Projects.

But I have to admit, it seems somewhat crippled, where the clib can be pasted...

Hatti Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080
kingsmeadow
Senior Member Location: Cambridge, UK Joined: Dec 06, 2011 11:52 Messages: 179 Offline
[Post New]
I tried what you suggested, but it only pastes what I have copied back into the first track ! Intel Core i7 3770K 3.6 Ghz,
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Place splits on the clip on track 1 on the portion you want to copy. You can then right mouse click on that portion and select copy. Place the scrubber where you want on the other track and paste.
kingsmeadow
[Post New]
Quote Place splits on the clip on track 1 on the portion you want to copy. You can then right mouse click on that portion and select copy. Place the scrubber where you want on the other track and paste.

I insert a video on track one and another on track two. I place the splits on track one and copy..I don't know what the term scrubber means ! I've never heard that before in the context of Power Director editing. Intel Core i7 3770K 3.6 Ghz,
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Place splits on the clip on track 1 on the portion you want to copy. You can then right mouse click on that portion and select copy. Place the scrubber where you want on the other track and paste.

I insert a video on track one and another on track two. I place the splits on track one and copy..I don't know what the term scrubber means ! I've never heard that before in the context of Power Director editing.
Scrubber is the location on the timeline. It is also known as a cursor. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

kingsmeadow
[Post New]

Now that I know what a scrubber is !...I have tried several times to but it continues to paste on both tracks..Waht am I not doing correctly ???

Is there a video tutorial I could have a look at ? Intel Core i7 3770K 3.6 Ghz,
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi kingsmeadow -

Quote: What am I not doing correctly???

After you've copied the part of the clip you want pasted in a different track, are you doing these two things?

1. Place the scrubber/timeline marker at the point you want to paste, &

2. Click on the track where you want it pasted

See the attached screen capture.

Cheers - Tony
 Filename
Click & Paste.wmv
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
2771 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
191 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 18. 2017 06:37

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
kingsmeadow
[Post New]
Quote Hi kingsmeadow -

Quote: What am I not doing correctly???

After you've copied the part of the clip you want pasted in a different track, are you doing these two things?

1. Place the scrubber/timeline marker at the point you want to paste, &

2. Click on the track where you want it pasted

See the attached screen capture.

Cheers - Tony

Thx for response Tony,

Well that looks exactly what I am trying to do, but it pastes the clip on both tracks 1 and 2 and not 3 in this case. One thing different, is that you use Paste and Overwrite, which is greyed out for me, I only have Paste, Insert and Move All Clips. Could this be the problem ? Intel Core i7 3770K 3.6 Ghz,
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Could you post a screenshot of your timelines showing (a) the clip (or part) you want to copy/paste & (b) the track and position you want to paste it?

If you click in Track 3 before pasting it definitely should NOT be pasting in a different track.

Cheers - Tony
kingsmeadow
[Post New]
Quote Could you post a screenshot of your timelines showing (a) the clip (or part) you want to copy/paste & (b) the track and position you want to paste it?

If you click in Track 3 before pasting it definitely should NOT be pasting in a different track.

Cheers - Tony

Attached are 4 screen shots.

1 Clip area to be copied

2. Area to be pasted

3 Paste options

As I can only attach 3 files, I will send the last on a seperate answer in a momant.
[Thumb - Screenshot_3.jpg]
 Filename
Screenshot_3.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
66 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
14 time(s)
[Thumb - Screenshot_1.jpg]
 Filename
Screenshot_1.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
29 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
16 time(s)
[Thumb - Screenshot_2.jpg]
 Filename
Screenshot_2.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
47 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
13 time(s)
Intel Core i7 3770K 3.6 Ghz,
kingsmeadow
[Post New]
Quote Could you post a screenshot of your timelines showing (a) the clip (or part) you want to copy/paste & (b) the track and position you want to paste it?

Cheers - Tony

here is screen garb 4
[Thumb - Screenshot_4.jpg]
 Filename
Screenshot_4.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
51 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
11 time(s)
Intel Core i7 3770K 3.6 Ghz,
ynotfish
[Post New]
Oh I get it - you're copying from two tracks at once. In that case, that's exactly what the rest of us would get.

If you split the clip in T1 and copy it, paste in in T3 - then split the clip in T2 & paste in in T4 at the same point (directly under the other clip you pasted), that should give you the result.

In the screen capture, I was only copying from T1.

Cheers - Tony
kingsmeadow
[Post New]
Quote Oh I get it - you're copying from two tracks at once. In that case, that's exactly what the rest of us would get.

If you split the clip in T1 and copy it, paste in in T3 - then split the clip in T2 & paste in in T4 at the same point (directly under the other clip you pasted), that should give you the result.

In the screen capture, I was only copying from T1.

Cheers - Tony

Many Thanks Tony,

Got it..and it works !!

Thx again Intel Core i7 3770K 3.6 Ghz,