Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi. I am new to the forum so forgive me if this was answered in some prior post that I did not find. I want to move a clip in the middle of my project that has crossfading applied on both ends of the clip. When I try to drag or move the clip to the left or right to change its position in the video, crossfading transitions disappear on both ends. All I can do is overwrite or insert. For example, suppose I have a clip embedded in the video, with a 2 second fade transition on the left, and a 3 second fade transition on its right. I want to move that clip so the left-hand transition is 3 secs and the right transition is 2 seconds. Apparently, I cannot drag the clip left or right. Both transitions disappear. I also cannot grab the end of the clip and make it longer or shorter. Again, both transitions vanish. Yet, if the clip I want to move is at the end of the timeline and/or has a gap on the right side of the timeline, the program will let me drag the clip left or right and keep crossfading in place. I can also grab its ends and change its length fine, without affecting the transition in place.

Is there a way to edit/move a clip in the middle of the video timeline, so that transitions on both sides stay in place, but simply change in length? I know I can double-click on the transition and change its length in the new menu that appears, but dragging the clip left or right is so much easier, as can be done if the clip is at the end of the video.

Thanks

Frank
Carl: Thanks. I have quicktime installed, but it was not associated with MP4 files. Another software program I use (Infanview) was. Once I associated quicktime with MP4, the youtube files installed fine into my timeline. Thanks. Problem solved.

Frank
I recently bought Power Director13 to replace my existing suite from AVS, and am very impressed with its features. I am creating my first video with it and want to include a few scenes of clips downloaded from YouTube in MP4 format. When I import the file into the Library, it appears, but when I click on it or try to place it on the timeline. I get this error message:

"A media file in your project may not fully conform with the format standard, or your system may lack the required decoding components. Please try again using another media file format."

My system is new, built at home using intel motherboard and CPU, ASUS advanced video card, and Windows 8.1.

The MP4 file from Youtube plays fine in Windows Media PLayer. Am I simply missing a required codec? If so, what codec package works best with Power Director 13, and how do I install it in PD13?

Thanks

Frank
I tried the trial version. It had a major flaw in its Text function, which is vital for making videos. There is no phone # for tech support unless you pay $30 (beware anyone who charges their customers a huge fee for tech support). I emailed tech support about the problem and also got a canned reply, telling me to upgrade my video card. I emailed them again, and this time, got another canned reply about printing out a DirectX diagnostic. I emailed them a 3rd time and got no further response. I then emailed their U.S. sales office in CA, and was completely ignored also. Note that I had not even purchased the product yet, and already, there is NO useful sales or tech support, and no phone # to call.

From my perspective, the product may have some good features but some of them are buggy, and since the company took no effort to address the problem or work it out with me, I cannot use this product for any video projects I have. The company clearly has no interest in servicing customer problems and is not a product supplier anyone should be willing to buy from.
Go to: