Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Error message when trying to import MP4 files from YouTube
fsgregs1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 19, 2011 17:07 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I recently bought Power Director13 to replace my existing suite from AVS, and am very impressed with its features. I am creating my first video with it and want to include a few scenes of clips downloaded from YouTube in MP4 format. When I import the file into the Library, it appears, but when I click on it or try to place it on the timeline. I get this error message:

"A media file in your project may not fully conform with the format standard, or your system may lack the required decoding components. Please try again using another media file format."

My system is new, built at home using intel motherboard and CPU, ASUS advanced video card, and Windows 8.1.

The MP4 file from Youtube plays fine in Windows Media PLayer. Am I simply missing a required codec? If so, what codec package works best with Power Director 13, and how do I install it in PD13?

Thanks

Frank
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I recently bought Power Director13 to replace my existing suite from AVS, and am very impressed with its features. I am creating my first video with it and want to include a few scenes of clips downloaded from YouTube in MP4 format. When I import the file into the Library, it appears, but when I click on it or try to place it on the timeline. I get this error message:

"A media file in your project may not fully conform with the format standard, or your system may lack the required decoding components. Please try again using another media file format."

My system is new, built at home using intel motherboard and CPU, ASUS advanced video card, and Windows 8.1.

The MP4 file from Youtube plays fine in Windows Media PLayer. Am I simply missing a required codec? If so, what codec package works best with Power Director 13, and how do I install it in PD13?

Thanks

Frank
Powerdirector uses QuickTime Player for MP4 and MOV actions. Both playback and encoding.

Check that you have the latest Quicktime installed.

https://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/ Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

fsgregs1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 19, 2011 17:07 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Carl: Thanks. I have quicktime installed, but it was not associated with MP4 files. Another software program I use (Infanview) was. Once I associated quicktime with MP4, the youtube files installed fine into my timeline. Thanks. Problem solved.

Frank
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Carl: Thanks. I have quicktime installed, but it was not associated with MP4 files. Another software program I use (Infanview) was. Once I associated quicktime with MP4, the youtube files installed fine into my timeline. Thanks. Problem solved.

Frank
I am glad that solved your problem.

I use Irfanview, but I only have Image files associated with Irfanview. None of the video file types are associated with Irfanview. Most of my video file types are associated with Windows Media Player. That does not affect video files in Powerdirector.

It just makes it easy to view a Video in Windows Media Player. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.