Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Although I don't understand the intricacies of PD, I do understand your explanation and suggestion.

Following your idea, I opened one of my old projects and clicked "Ignore" when the error message popped up telling me the RYouUpForIt.m4a file was not found. PD continued the opening process and my program functioned fine. I then checked the Preferences as you noted but the box "Auto Load Sample Clips" was NOT checked. Hmmm. I then saved the project using a new name and tried to re-open it. PD was able to open the project with no error messages of any kind. I repeated the procedure with another old project (ignored the missing file, determined the "Auto Load Sample Clips" box was NOT checked, and saved the project with a new name) and then I used PD to open the newly saved project. Again, it opened with no error messages.

I can't say I understand what's happening but I seem to have a method to work around the problem. Unless you have other thoughts, I'll consider the case closed and use my work-around as needed.
Being an adventurous guy, I tried a different approach. I simply deleted the offending file (RYouUpForIt.m4a) entirely from the Sample Clips folder and tried opening my project. I got a message saying the clip was missing but I clicked "Ignore" and PD continued the loading process successfully. I verified that my project worked OK once loading was complete.

Once verifying that my project worked, I simply closed it; I did NOT save it, either with the same name or with a new name. Is it possible that if I save the project with a new name then it would be saved without the offending file and I'd be able to open it again without the error message about a missing file?
Thanks for the suggestion and the new version of the file.

I found the existing (apparently defective) file in the Sample Clips folder and replaced it with the new file you provided. Unfortunately, nothing changed in the startup of Power Director. While trying to open my project, the program got to the same place in the opening process, stopped and displayed the same error message. I tried with two different projects and got the same results. I then clicked "OK" to remove the error message and the opening process continued a few more seconds before PD disappeared and I got the message "Oops, Power Director has stopped." I should have mentioned in my first post that I got the same "Oops" message in my attempts before replalcing the file.

I also should have mentioned that I'm running Build 18.0.3801 and the Serial Number is VDE210127-01.

If you have the patience to suggest other courses of action, I have the patience to try them.
I'm trying to open a project using PD18 but the program crashes with an error message while loading media files. I've tried three different projects and each crashes at the same point and displays the same error message. I have attached the error message as well as a DxDiag printout.

The projects were last accessed successfully about 18 months ago. I'm using the same computer with the same operating system and the same copy of PD 18. In short, nothing obvious has changed, as far as I'm aware.

I have NOT tried to reload PD 18. The error message seems to reference a media file that is a sample clip supplied with PD 18. I have no further info.

Any suggestions are much appreciated.
My reference to PD19 was a typo; all references in my note should have been to PD18 in its various forms. Sorry for the confusion.

Unfortunately, my purchase was not within the past 30 days. I will remain patient and hope to get an answer from Cyberlilnk directly. Thanks for the response.
I contacted Cyberlink directly with this question but am still awaiting an answer. Figured I would try this forum for a quicker response.

Earlier in 2020, I upgraded from PD9 to PD18. I purchased PD18 Ultra, not realizing there was also a PD19 Ultimate. My current project would really benefit from Shape Designer but this appears to be included only with PD19 Ultimate and PD19 365. Is this correct? If so, is there any way I can "upgrade" from Ultra to Ultimate by paying the difference rather than trashing Ultra and buying an all-new Ultimate, which I'm not going to do?

Any guidance appreciated.
OK. We're talking the same language and getting closer. Thanks for the clarifications of terminology

When I produce a slideshow with H.264 AVC, add a menu and then burn the result to a DVD in PD18, I put that disc in my Blu-Ray player to watch it. The resulting menu is functional and the menu image is fine. My problem is with the slideshow images that follow; they are visibly poor. They are significantly worse than the slideshow images on the disc I created by burning a DVD with the software on my PC rather than using the burn function in PD18. (But doing it that way leaves out the menu.)

I assume that simply adding a functional menu to my produced file does not, by itself, degrade the slideshow images. That leaves only the burning process in PD18 as the likely culprit.

For now, I've elected to burn the best possible slideshow images, meaning I'm using the software in my PC and putting up with the lack of a menu. There must be a way to get the menu AND get the good slideshow images. If you've got any more suggestions, I'd be glad to listen.

Thanks for taking time to reply.
I appreciate the reply but I still have questions.

Some further background: First, I'm viewing the finished product, whether via thumbdrive or DVD, on a Blu-Ray player. Second, I have produced the finished product using H.264 AVC with default settings (1280 x 720).

In your note, are you using the term DVD to mean a standard-definition disc and the term Blu-Ray to mean a high-definition disc?

The bottom line is that I want to burn a disc that has a high-definition slideshow along with a menu. I know I have a high-definition slideshow after the production stage because I've viewed it (via both thumb drive and burned DVD) on my Blu-Ray player. The problem is that if I go through the menu phase using PD18 and then burn to disc using PD18 the quality when viewed on my Blu-Ray player is not good. Am I missing something in how I burn to disc? Is there a setting I need to change?
I have a nice slideshow produced and saved. While work was in progress, I saved produced files on a thumb drive and played them in my DVD player to check how everything looked. Picture quality was excellent. When all editing on the slideshow was done and the final version produced, I added a DVD menu and burned the entire project to a DVD using PD18. As many others have mentioned, when I played the DVD in my DVD player the image quality was dramatically worse. I know there have been MANY threads on the variations to try with producing and burning, I don't want to rehash that discussion here. I took a hint from one thread and burned my produced file directly to a DVD as a data file using the software bundled with my PC (likely Power2Go). Image quality when played in my DVD player was excellent but there was no menu. Can someone explalin simply what the relationship is between menu generation with PD18 and DVD burning with PD 18? That is, if I create a menu structure with PD 18, must I then burn the DVD using PD 18? Or is there a way to save the production including menu structure and then burn that file independently of PD 18? I think PD 18 is absolutely great for video editing and slideshow production but the burning feature is not so great.
Thanks! That does work like a charm. After trying your method, I experimented a bit. Looks like I can also click the first clip in the track to highlight that clip, then hold down the shift key and click the last clip in the track. That also selects the entire track and everything moves as a single unit when I drag anywhere within the track. Two good methods.
I have a slideshow on Track 2 and a series of color boards on Track1. The slideshow was created manually so I have full ability to change any of the images in the slideshow. The color boards on Track 1 are not continuous. That is, the track contains a series of different color boards separated by gaps. I want to add an image at the beginning of the slideshow (Track 2) which will slide all of the remaining images to the right. I want the color boards on Track 1 to remain synchronized with the original images on Track 2.

Let's say my new image on Track 2 is 5 seconds long. In a perfect world, I could somehow "grab" everything in Track 1 and just shift it to the right by 5 seconds and that would do it. Is there a way to do this?
I figured it out late last night. The Fade and Zoom feature is not an Effect in PD terminology. I still see the little square with the "i" inside and I see "Fade and Zoom" when hovering over the "i." However, I added Fade and Zoom by way of the Tools button above the timeline. By selecting the clip with the Fade and Zoom, and then clicking on Tools followed by Fade and Zoom, I returned to the large screen with many Fade and Zoom varieties. At the lower right corner of that screen are 3 buttons, one of which is Reset. Clicking Reset removed the Fade and Zoom from my clip. Problem solved.

Thanks for responding with suggestions.
I found the answer by searching more posts. The Pan and Zoom feature is associated with Magic Motion. With my clip selected, I went back to the Tools button over the timeline and clicked again on Pan and Zoom. That does bring up a screen filled with various Pan and Zoom varieties. But at the bottom right of the screen are 3 buttons titled Reset, Motion Designer and Apply to All. By clicking on Reset, my Pan and Zoom is removed from the selected clip.

Thanks to everyone who responded. I hopes this helps another user down the road.
Ok. We're getting closer. Yes, the "Pan and Zoom" that I placed on the clip DID come from the box titled "Tools" immediately above the timeline. That's where it came from. I now want to delete "Pan and Zoom" from the clip. If I click again on the "Tools" box, I simply get the original 4 choices that were present when I first clicked in order to choose "Pan and Zoom." Namely, the four choices are Power Tools, Blending Effect, Pan and Zoom,and Magic Movie Wizard. I've clicked again on Pan and Zoom to see if I find a way to delete it but I'm only taken back to the large array of Pan and Zoom options I can insert.

Hope this makes sense. So if Pan and Zoom is actually a setting from the Tools menu, how do I delete it without deleting the entire clip?

Thanks for your patience.
When I hover over the "i" it shows "pan and zoom." That is the effect I applied. Selecting the clip does NOT make an "Effect" button appear. Is it possible that "pan and zoom" is not called an effect? If that's the case, I still want to know how to delete it from the clip.
I understand about clicking the "minus sign" to get rid of the chosen effect. My problem is that I can not find a way to open a window that shows which effects are in use. I have selected the clip containing the effect but no window appears.
Many, many thanks, Warry. You gave me enough of the logic behind the Media Room to understand your three answers. I'll experiment a bit with saving a special background but it seems that you've pointed me in the right direction.

Thanks!
I added an effect directly to a clip (not on the "effect" track) and would like to remove the effect. I've looked at tutorials and read lots of posts saying that if I simply select the clip (by left-clicking it) then I will see a button called "Effects" directly above the timeline. That button just does not appear for me. From left to right, I see a Crop icon, a duration icon, then buttons titled "Designer","Fix and Enhance", "Tools", "Slideshow", "Keyframe", "Time Info," a garbage can and a button titled "More Features." I've explored all of these and can't find anything that allows me to delete the effect. Any suggestion would be appreciated.
I have the same problem removing an effect applied directly to a clip. I'm in the Edit mode and I have selected the clip with the effect. There is no Effect button appearing above the timeline as in your screenshot. I'm using PD 18 Ultra. Any suggestions?
I am an infrequent user of PD who recently upgraded to PD 18 Ultra Version 18.0.2405.0 SN VDE191105-01. My questions are so basic that they don't seem to appear in the help files.

I downloaded a nice image to use as a background image in a slideshow. With PD 18 open in "Media Room" I went to "Background Images" where I see the stock images that came with the software. I right-clicked and selected "Import media files..." I selected the image I just downloaded in the "Downloads" folder on my PC and that image appeared in PD 18. It appeared in the "Media Content" area, not the "Background Images" area but I found it. I then added the image to my timeline and did some editing of the new image. When asked, I chose "Save as" and supposedly saved my edited background image. I then closed PD 18 and re-opened it. Neither the original background image nor the edited background image seems to appear anywhere in any section of the "Media Room."

This raises a couple of questions.

1. If I successfully import an image into the "Media Content" area of "Media Room" how can I move that image into the "Background Images" area?
2. If I do get an image in either the "Media Content" or "Background Images" area, shouldn't they reappear after I've closed and then reopened the program?
3. Where should I look for the edited background image I saved?

Thanks in advance. Point me toward a tutorial or section of the Help manual if appropriate.
Go to: