Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Shape Designer Availability
Richard9909 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 12, 2011 08:19 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
I contacted Cyberlink directly with this question but am still awaiting an answer. Figured I would try this forum for a quicker response.

Earlier in 2020, I upgraded from PD9 to PD18. I purchased PD18 Ultra, not realizing there was also a PD19 Ultimate. My current project would really benefit from Shape Designer but this appears to be included only with PD19 Ultimate and PD19 365. Is this correct? If so, is there any way I can "upgrade" from Ultra to Ultimate by paying the difference rather than trashing Ultra and buying an all-new Ultimate, which I'm not going to do?

Any guidance appreciated.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I contacted Cyberlink directly with this question but am still awaiting an answer. Figured I would try this forum for a quicker response.

Earlier in 2020, I upgraded from PD9 to PD18. I purchased PD18 Ultra, not realizing there was also a PD19 Ultimate. My current project would really benefit from Shape Designer but this appears to be included only with PD19 Ultimate and PD19 365. Is this correct? If so, is there any way I can "upgrade" from Ultra to Ultimate by paying the difference rather than trashing Ultra and buying an all-new Ultimate, which I'm not going to do?

Any guidance appreciated.

The release of PD19 has not occurred yet, probably latter in the year.

The Shape Designer is part of PD18 Ultimate but not the Ultra product. You can see that in the CL provided comparison table here: https://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdirector-video-editing-software/comparison_en_US.html in the "Precision Design Tools" section you can see the line item for Shape Designer.

As far as a cheaper upgrade path from the PD18 Ultra product to the Ultimate product, CL support would have to address that.

If earlier in 2020 was within the last 30 days, you could use the money back guarantee and then purchase the Ultimate product.

Jeff
[Thumb - PD18_shapedesigner.png]
 Filename
PD18_shapedesigner.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
183 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
2 time(s)
Richard9909 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 12, 2011 08:19 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
My reference to PD19 was a typo; all references in my note should have been to PD18 in its various forms. Sorry for the confusion.

Unfortunately, my purchase was not within the past 30 days. I will remain patient and hope to get an answer from Cyberlilnk directly. Thanks for the response.