Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I like this idea of having this service running because I expect there's a reason for it to be installed. Note that on my system (being a x64 Windows 7 OS) it's named Cyberlink RichVideo64 Service (CRVS).

However, when I tried to start it I received a dialog with the following information:

"Windows could not start the Cyberlink RichVideo64 Service(CRVS) service on Local Computer.

Error 2: The system cannot find the file specified."

The file referenced for the service is supposed to be:
C:\Program Files\Cyberlink\Shared files\RichVideo64.exe

But that file isn't in that referenced directory nor anywhere else on my hard drive.

What next?
Hi! I've been having this same issue for weeks now as well. Was there any resolution found other than a complete reinstall?
So - I contacted "CreativeMark" (the vendor that I bought the PowerDirector V10 Upgrade from) and received an email the next day apologizing for the missing files. They included a couple of URLs in the email for me to download two Contact Packs. Once I installed them I was happy and it looked similar to Bubba's screenshot above.

Bubba: I had originally received one contact pack before that was far less in total than the sum of the sizes for the two you listed. But the URLs they sent to the two Contact Packs had files that exactly matched the sizes you provided.

Vapian: I tried your technique before I received the URLs by re-installing V9 and copying the V9 Title (etc) files across to the corresponding V10 files. But it wasn't as nice because it didn't separate out the files in PowerDirector as V8 and V9 like Bubba's screenshot above. And, of course, once I installed the two content packs I had duplicates of the files I wanted. So uninstalled everything and reinstalled just V10 along with the recently provided content pack URLs.

Thanks, all, for the quick responses and suggestions!

I downloaded the upgrade from "CreativeMark" and it came in two pieces; PowerDirector and one ContentPack. I noted to them that I have seen two content packs normally provided with PowerDirector when taken from Cyberlink, and they said they bundled both packs into one for the download.

Bubba: I see your screen shot. That's exactly what I'm looking for from V9. No, there's nothing in the V9 folder right now (not to mention there's nothing in the V8 folder either). Here's my screenshot.

We upgraded from PowerDirector V9 where we had a number of other content installed – for example we had a number of titles (e.g. solo fall, glow, glitter, fade, etc) that are no longer on the list. I believe these past titles in V9 came with our purchase of V9. These are no longer displayed for V10. Question: Shouldn’t we expect to see the titles that were provided in the past in the replacement/upgrade to V10? Otherwise, we do we get them back?
Go to: