Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Lost Titles During Upgrade?
achilles heal [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 30, 2011 22:47 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
We upgraded from PowerDirector V9 where we had a number of other content installed – for example we had a number of titles (e.g. solo fall, glow, glitter, fade, etc) that are no longer on the list. I believe these past titles in V9 came with our purchase of V9. These are no longer displayed for V10. Question: Shouldn’t we expect to see the titles that were provided in the past in the replacement/upgrade to V10? Otherwise, we do we get them back?
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
did you download all the files related to the upgrade? There should have been 3-5 to download, these incleded some of the previous release content.
Jim Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
Do you have the PD9 and PD8 title folder showing on the bottom of the list? I still have all those you listed....

What type of upgrade did you do? From disk or download? If download you should have got a main file, and two content paks and after you install the main file you install both content paks.... the romance, wedding and those kind of paks are optional....

[Thumb - Capture21.PNG]
 Filename
Capture21.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
197 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
479 time(s)

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Nov 30. 2011 22:56

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
achilles heal [Avatar]
[Post New]
I downloaded the upgrade from "CreativeMark" and it came in two pieces; PowerDirector and one ContentPack. I noted to them that I have seen two content packs normally provided with PowerDirector when taken from Cyberlink, and they said they bundled both packs into one for the download.

Bubba: I see your screen shot. That's exactly what I'm looking for from V9. No, there's nothing in the V9 folder right now (not to mention there's nothing in the V8 folder either). Here's my screenshot.

[Thumb - PowerDirectorV10Titles.png]
 Filename
PowerDirectorV10Titles.png
[Disk]
 Description
PowerDirector V10 Title List
 Filesize
151 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
171 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 30. 2011 23:48

James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I guess you got short changed....should have ordered from Cyberlink...
e-mail them and let them know your missing content..
Jim Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
Looks like you are missing a content pak. What was the file size of the content pak you downloaded?

The main file for those of us that downloaded from Cyberlink via their download service...

Main file 663 meg
Content pak 1 694 meg
content pak 2 887 meg __________________________________________
Windows 8 Pro 64 bit

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
Vapian
Newbie Location: Rock Hill, SC Joined: Aug 15, 2011 17:29 Messages: 38 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: We upgraded from PowerDirector V9 where we had a number of other content installed – for example we had a number of titles (e.g. solo fall, glow, glitter, fade, etc) that are no longer on the list.

I ran into a very similar problem, finally figured out what I think happened and have been meaning to post my solution here. While I don't have my notes with me and may mis-state some specific details, hopefully I can convey the gist of it.

I believe the PD10 upgrade is supposed to write itself into the existing PD8 or 9 install directory. If that happens I believe the user keeps everything they had before (except the ability to run the previous version of PD).

Mine, for some reason, installed into a directory named "Powerdirector 10". Admittedly it is quite possible that I changed the install directory during install (simply because the install program allowed me to). As a result, anything stored directly in the original "Powerdirector" directory did not show up in PD10, while stuff in a Cyberlink "Common Files" directory was still there. If you're using the Ultra 64-bit version, the program files will be under "Program Files" while the common stuff is kept under "Program Files (x86)".

The fix for me was basically figuring out where the Titles, Effects, etc. were stored in the original "Powerdirector" program directory, and copy them over to the same locations in the "Powerdirector 10" directory. This has restored about 95% of whatever I had before, very importantly including the original 2D Title Manager (with associated text centering/positioning controls).

While this isn't exactly a step-by-step description, with any luck and a little detective work it should help get you where you want to go.
Bubba in TX
[Post New]
Did you upgrade using the cheaper PD9 to ultra upgrade, OR the straight PD10 ultra? That makes a difference too.

BOTH seem to have the same files, same size, but act different on install. The upgrade replaces PD9 and the straight PD10 ultra does not, and you can have both PD9 and PD10 installed. I made the mistake of getting the upgrade. __________________________________________
Windows 8 Pro 64 bit

**NOTICE**

DXDIAG Link
achilles heal [Avatar]
[Post New]
So - I contacted "CreativeMark" (the vendor that I bought the PowerDirector V10 Upgrade from) and received an email the next day apologizing for the missing files. They included a couple of URLs in the email for me to download two Contact Packs. Once I installed them I was happy and it looked similar to Bubba's screenshot above.

Bubba: I had originally received one contact pack before that was far less in total than the sum of the sizes for the two you listed. But the URLs they sent to the two Contact Packs had files that exactly matched the sizes you provided.

Vapian: I tried your technique before I received the URLs by re-installing V9 and copying the V9 Title (etc) files across to the corresponding V10 files. But it wasn't as nice because it didn't separate out the files in PowerDirector as V8 and V9 like Bubba's screenshot above. And, of course, once I installed the two content packs I had duplicates of the files I wanted. So uninstalled everything and reinstalled just V10 along with the recently provided content pack URLs.

Thanks, all, for the quick responses and suggestions!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 02. 2011 18:30