Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote: I just bought a blu ray player largely for the new BD Star Wars....only to find this horrid artifacting (also colors are very washed out in brighter scenes but I'm sure theres settings I can adjust to fix that). Didn't get any audio chop but trying to watch IV last night was just sad with the artifacting happening alot on the good fight scenes. As others have said the artifacting is random and can happen at any time stamp once and not at that one the next time. Also core 0 maxed out like the rest (except one time that I can't seem to reproduce where I got artifacting and when it stopped my core usage went down to 30-40%....I restarted the program before anymore artifacting happened though)

specs:
-Asus Blu-ray writer BW-12B1ST
-Asus Sabertooth 990fx mobo
-AMD 1100t Black Edition 3.3ghz hex core
-2 x Radeon HD6950s crossfired (catalyst 11.10 preview driver)
-3 x Acer 23" S231HL (monitor I'm viewing on is setup on HDMI to DVI converter)

Hopefully we see a fix for this soon as I don't want to ruin one of my favorite movie sagas anymore than it has already been.

I'm using the cyberlink 11 trial atm but it doesn't seem that matters as people with paid version are having exact same problems (the artifacting is mostly red for me and the spots that are affected seem to be repeating previous frames in the distortion)

Hey man, I recommend going here in case you missed it: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/19254.page

It worked for me (with 10).
Quote: Does anyone know if there will be a solution for PowerDVD 8/9/10?

This fix works for 10, although as I think it was said before Core 1 is still overloaded. But I was able to get through Ep. 1 without artifcating, for which I am grateful.
For what it's worth, X-Men First Class had the same issue for me (It wouldnt play in 7.3). I then bought a copy of 10 off ebay for $29 and both X-Men and Star Wars played, but then started artifacting incredibly badly (here is a link to a video of it on my screen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mU-PJqPD3Wg).

The issue for 10 and 11 seems to be (according to this thread over here: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/15/18933.page#99772) that Fox BDs overload the first core in a multicore CPU while leaving the second core chilling. So this coming patch is expected to fix that.

As for 7,8 and 9, speaking from experience it seems that these newer BDs, at least from Fox, are no longer supported... Which I'm pissed off about. I suggest lodging complaints/support tickets.
Glad to hear there's going to be a fix soon. I've had the same issue with Star Wars and X-Men. Neither would play on my PowerDVD 7.3 so I bought a copy of 10, and they worked at first but then broke down into the issues listed above. I hope that the patch will work in PowerDVD 10 too!

FYI my system is:

Core 2 Duo 2.4 E6600
6GB DDR2 RAM
EVGA GTX 260
Samsung 20" 206BW - DVI
Win 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Go to: