Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote There is no software that will allow you to stream a Blu-ray Disc in a disc player wirelessly, or over a network. The DRM on Blu-rays is very strict unfortunately, so they must be viewed on a monitor that is connected to the computer you are playing them on.

Dave

ok. Thanks.
I want to use my PC as my BluRay Player.

my PC exceeds all necessary specs and I have a BluRay Dive.
my PC is in my den and is hard wired to my router.
my TV is in the living room and is wirelessly connected to my router. Network speeds are good. I stream Disney+ and Discovery now without issues.

what product would I need to stream a Blu-ray from my pc to the tv?
my tv is a Samsung and I am not using a Roku or any other top box.
however Samsung does have an AppleTV app.

thanks.

Bill
You are right. My rig is having issues and it's heat. The video card is over heating andi think a different case is going fix the problem...
The movie played without a problem with lid off my case.

I'm pretty certain that heat has been the issue all along.

This is good and explains a lot.

Anybody have a silent case suggestion?
Right now I'm running a test. Case is open and I'm playing the BD that crashed last time.

While playing the BD PowerDVD stopped the movie and said my setup was not HDCP compliant.

I formatted my hard drive and reinstalled windows and PowerDVD 12. I also ran Advisor. Advisor gave me a pass in all categories.

I really think I'm close to a resolution. If this BD plays without crashing. I'll get a different case. Can't add a fan I have the antech case that looks like a reciever. Very tight.

I really think this might be the issue I have been fighting all along: hot video card

Will advise. Watching BD now. Again.....
glad I like this movie.

I tn
Hunk my video card is getting hot. I'm reinstalling windows and cyberlink with the case open.

Question - is there a way to install the ATI drivers without that special front end. I forget what it's called. I just want the drivers.
Cyblerlink Advisor tells me I have an HDCP compliance issue.

Did some research. My TV is compliant and so is my Reciever.
Does that mean my video card is the issue?

Advisor said yes.... I think.

My video card is a ATI 5700

Going to the ATI website now .........

Does my Blu Ray drive have to be HDCP.?
Now my setup is not HDCP compliant. Used to be. But not now.
Ooops while watching transformers. Cyberlink stopping playing and sent me to the BD & 3Dadvisor download.

I never installed the ATI drivers, just the Microsoft version of drivers.
My new Avengers Blu Ray won't play widescreen. So I dropped in an older BD, Transformers, and it did play wide screen.

I checked the BD case for the Avengers and says Widescreen.

Do I need to do a Firmware update on my BD drive?
I did a Reciever Setup with the mic and found out that my rear speakers were out of phase, which I fixed
Also, the new setup is a lot better. Soft dialog is now good.
I played around with it again. I picked DTS coming from PowerDVD and then set my receiver to enhanced 5 channel.

The sound was better.

In enhanced 5 ch the dialog is spread across the front 3 speakers. The two rear speakers are "enhanced" ... Which is a little louder than in Straight mode.

I can manually adjust the volume of each speaker through the Reciever remote. I think the rear speakers are too loud.
I'll mess around with it some more.

The blue ray appears to be 7.1. I tried to set it to 5.1 through the blue ray menu but no luck. Not listed.
Last night we watched the Avengers on Blue Ray. All went well except we had trouble hearing normal volume dialog.
I turned the volume up, but then the action scenes were very loud.

My setup - HTPC AMD with a high end ATI Video Card and high end Creative Sound Card

The video is HMDI direct to the TV, and the sound is Fiber Optic to a 5.1 receiver. I had to do this, separate sound from video, to get certain Blue Rays to play.

If I go into Power DVD and edit audio, my receiver responds to the change. For instance,if I select DTS, my receiver displays DTS, and same is true with Dolby. If default is selected my receiver gives me the choice of 5.1 Enhanced or Straight. Straight is not as full as Enhanced, but the Normal level Dialogs are a little too faint.

I haven't tried HMDI for both Sound and Video since PowerDVD ver 9. Perhaps it time to try it again? HDMI to Reciever. HMDI from the Reciever to the TV. Years ago that setup stopped my Star Wars BR release from playing properly and separating video from audio fixed the problem.
Thanks.
Last Question...promise

Should uninstall the trial verson, or install over top of?
Can I activate the Trial Version by entering my activation key?

If so:

1. Will I get all the same features?
2. Where do you put the activation key? I can't find the location in the software.

I reconfigured Wondows and I installed the trial version. Everything is working perfectly, and I don't want to chance a problem by un-installing the trial software and re-installing my purchased version.

But if I have to, I will.

Thanks,
Bill

Also - if you are running an ATI graphics card the latest Catalyst drivers, ver 11.9, have fixed most,
if not all, my play-back issues.
Thanks Michael, I'm not sure what to do.
The movie I was watching was the Blue-Ray re-release of Star Wars.
I don't think that's Fox....haven't checked...

Ver 11 has better video quality than ver 10, but ver 10 (without the patch) runs all my BD's without problems.

PowerDVD is installed on my HTPC which is in the living room for the entire family to use.
I replaced my broken BD Player with this HTPC, so I need a Plug and Play device that the whole family can use.

Under these circumstances I'll run Ver 10.
However, I did enjoy the better video quality of Ver 11.

Will issues like these be resolved in subsequent releases?
Last night i upgraded from Ver 10 to Ver 11.

PowerDVD 10 plays my BD's fine, but Ver 11 has problems.

With Ver 11, after about minutes of viewing the picture gets Pixelated and shreds. If I move my mouse the problem goes away. Installed Patch 2114 and got the same issue.

I Re-installed Ver 10 and no problems.

Any ideas? I looked at AERO, but the the option to turn it off in PowerDVD is not active.
I am convenenced that this is a hardware issue.
My Blu-Ray drive isn't doing the job.

I'll need to research the best drive before I spend any more money on this rig.

More info.
If I play a DVD I get smooth video.
But when I play BluRay I get slight video hesitations.

I ran a DVD and looked at my system usage through Task Manager.
CPU Usage was 20% and Ram nearly 2GB, and the video play back was smooth.

Yet when I play BluRay, my system usage is much LOWER, CPU 6% and Ram 1.3GB.

More system resources are given to DVD play than BluRay, yet my BluRay play is less smooth.
.............Why?
Go to: