Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Which Product to Purchase?
BillS22 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 10, 2011 02:05 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
I want to use my PC as my BluRay Player.

my PC exceeds all necessary specs and I have a BluRay Dive.
my PC is in my den and is hard wired to my router.
my TV is in the living room and is wirelessly connected to my router. Network speeds are good. I stream Disney+ and Discovery now without issues.

what product would I need to stream a Blu-ray from my pc to the tv?
my tv is a Samsung and I am not using a Roku or any other top box.
however Samsung does have an AppleTV app.

thanks.

Bill Thanks,
Bill
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
There is no software that will allow you to stream a Blu-ray Disc in a disc player wirelessly, or over a network. The DRM on Blu-rays is very strict unfortunately, so they must be viewed on a monitor that is connected to the computer you are playing them on.

Dave

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 15. 2021 22:27

BillS22 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 10, 2011 02:05 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
Quote There is no software that will allow you to stream a Blu-ray Disc in a disc player wirelessly, or over a network. The DRM on Blu-rays is very strict unfortunately, so they must be viewed on a monitor that is connected to the computer you are playing them on.

Dave

ok. Thanks.