Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
So in fact, you have found no solution at all. It's a well known software bugs since the very beginning.

All softwares (Corel, ArcSoft, Cyberlink, etc..) are affected. So it has something to do with the copy protection and how it is decrypted by PC softwares.
The only solution is to wait for a patch.

Plus i remember 2 weeks ago, i cannot read the recent Fox titles because of the copy protection that weren't supported by my PowerDVD 9 Ultra. Maybe it has changed now, i haven't the file to reinstall the old version anyway.

1 week left for me before i moved to another software or a real hardware player.
Quote: Still eyeballing this thread for any announcements. I had the courage to buy powerdvd 11 so the resolution of this matter will determine if I am to be a future customer.

If you wish to see your movies while they try to fix it or before you claim a refund do like me.
Move the ArcSoft website to download TotalMedia Theatre 5 trial version, at least you would have 15 days to see your Blu-Ray.

At least if you are like me.. I were completly blocked with PowerDVD 11 Ultra which can't read any of my 300+ Blu-Ray, downloaded TotalMedia Theatre and got no problem at all !
At least i can see my movies while Cyberlink try to solve the problem or like you i will claim a refund before the end of 30 days guarantee after purchase.

For Star Wars & recent Fox release it seems to be a general problem. All BR software players are affected and even some hardware player ! The copy protection is the key.
Shame on Fox (and the Star Wars image quality isn't top notch remaster !)
You're welcome
True Theater (video side) is a feature that try to get more details out of SD (means DVD) movie.

So it's okay if you can't use it on a Blu-Ray movie, there is no need of that to see all the details & colors on an excellent blu-ray remaster/master.
Not cool but i am were forced to try it.

I've download "ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre 5" trial version (thanks ArcSoft to allow trial user to read Blu-Ray without any limit except 15 days trial!!).
The blu-ray plays fine on my PC, i've already seen Scarface & Star Wars Episode 1 without any crash or glitches on the movie.

So there is really a big problem with PowerDVD Ultra 11. I am a very kind customer, i leave you 15 days to fix the problem. After that i will use my 30 days right after the purchase date to claim a refund and move to the other SoftWare.

Hope to get nice information & patch very soon.

Happy Customer with a trial BR player
Humpf, okay find it on cyberlink website

Ticket ID: CS001058443
There is 3 numbers in the last mail (it changes everytime the support answer me)

ID:[204589] Re: ID:[204517] Re: ID:[204297]
Even with the latest WHQL Catalyst driver it won't work. Same problem, click on play, it reads the disc for few sec and stop without beginning the play.
The original one are on the first post.

I don't know the one from my old powerdvd 9 ultra because i uninstalled it & clean the registry with CCleaner before installing PowerDVD 11.

I didn't want to take the upgrade version, already got trouble with PowerDVD 7 to 9 upgrade so i directly bought the full digital version of PowerDVD 11

PowerDVD SR Number (when click on "CyberLink in left top - SR NUMBER IS NOT THE CD-KEY!!)
SR Number : DVD110628-02

PowerDVD TR Number (if shown)
TR Number : TR110826-012

Downloading latest WHQL Catalyst driver right now.
I did it.. they want me to contact Acer because your own software forced me to download through the cyberlink update website the "acer_arcade.exe" program.

I haven't an hardware or software from Acer on my computer, even the acer arcade program is not installed after running the update through your website.

So i don't know why acer will help me to make work Cyberlink PowerDVD 11 on reading blu-ray.
I've replied back to the support team, hoping they find a solution before i am being forced to claim a refund :/
If you want to easily delete the registry keys, use Crap Cleaner "CCleaner", so you won't miss them at all.
You better contact support and ask for a full file to reinstall powerdvd last build or 2024.
You are, maybe, missing a build upgrade ?
It's not easy to follow the different upgrade needed, even on the Cyberlink website.

Look at this webpage -> http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/support/powerdvd/patches_en_US.html but i don't see it myself.
Any news on your side Michael ?

On my ticket with support they made me check my computer can run BR with BD Advisor.. as if i were buying a software without the requirements :p

Not wasting my money like this. Do you have some good news for us ?
You have 30 days after your purchase date to claim a refund. Let's see if they can fix these awful bugs in that delay.
It is a new update, build 2114, my problem still there too (can't read any blu-ray at all).
Build 2114 doesn't solve my problem, i am still unable to read any Blu-Ray of my collection.
I have the same problem but it doesn't crash. For me it's launching the disc reading.. but it stop after few seconds without doing anything more.
Don't know if that can help, i've managed to find a DVD in my Blu-Ray collection, the DVD are working at least. But i didn't bought PowerDVD 11 to play DVD of course.

No new idea ? Maybe waiting next build ? (the one for Fox BR)
There is only PowerDVD 11 in Windows Media Center program.
Edit : I don't use Media Center, i always started PowerDVD on Windows 7 since i got PowerDVD 9 Ultra.
Go to: