Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
There is only PowerDVD 11 in Windows Media Center program.
Edit : I don't use Media Center, i always started PowerDVD on Windows 7 since i got PowerDVD 9 Ultra.
How can i see it ?
Even if this program installed itself while upgrading my powerdvd i haven't seen new icon/program on my Windows.

What is the acer arcade program for ?
When i bought it (2 days ago), it was working even if it was bugged (video corruption fox blu-ray). Now it won't read any of my 300+ blu-ray.. very disappointing as i got previously PowerDVD 9 Ultra upgraded from version 7 which worked fine. I switched to full version of PDVD 11 to get access on fox new blu-ray Conan & Star Wars..

Yesterday it asked me to download an update called "acer_arcade" from the cyberlink website if i wanted to play blu-ray, so i did it (cancelling upgrade won't start the movie).. it installed something called "powercinema" on my computer. I then relaunched PowerDVD, click on the play icon, the BR disc is launched in the BR drive.. then it stop without any warning on my application..

Not very enjoying

Informations required :

PowerDVD full Version
Yes, PowerDVD 11 Ultra

PowerDVD Trial Verison?
No.

PowerDVD SR Number (when click on "CyberLink in left top - SR NUMBER IS NOT THE CD-KEY!!)
SR Number : DVD110628-02

PowerDVD TR Number (if shown)
TR Number : TR110826-012

Operating System (including x86 or x64 Bit Version)
Windows 7 Pro x64

Do you use administrator or restricted user account?
Administrator

Is your PowerDVD a Retail product or bundles with HW?
Digital version on Cyberlink webstore.

Used VGA
ATI Radeon 5870 (Sapphire Vapor-X model)

Used VGA driver version
Catalyst 11.4

Used Audio device
Asus Xonar Essence STX

Used Audio device driver version
Driver 7.12.8.1793

The Audio setting in PowerDVD and in OS (default devices)
Stereo both.

Used ODD drive (full model name and Firmware Version)
LG CH10LS20 with firmware 1.01
Samsung SH-B123L firmware 1.0

Used Display(s)
iiyama ProLite B2403WS

Which kind of display connection (HDMI/DisplayPort/VGA/DVI)
DVI

Whcih Display refresh rate do you use while Playback (24/25/50/60/120/...)
60Hz

Are you using single or dual monitor environment
Single monitor.

Are you using clone or extended mode (if use two display)
N/A

(3D only) Please provide detail info about 3D setting in PowerDVD
N/A

What kind of Antivirus SW are you using
MicroSoft Security Essentials

Which Internet Browser Software is installed
Internet Explorer 9.0, Firefox 4, Google Chrome 13

Do you use virtual ODD (e.g Daemon Tools)
Nope.

The detailed issue description
Click on the "play" button, BR drive is working for few seconds then it stop and PowerDVD does nothing.

I am not buying a BR player software to buy another one just to override BR protection.
Same thing happening to me with Conan Barbarian & Star Wars.. it's the same movies that weren't playable with my previous PowerDVD 9 Ultra (something to do with copy protection not updated for it..)
Hope that patch will be very very soon and not in 6 months
Nevermind, cyberlink have to update PowerDVD 9.

Star Wars new blu-ray are doing the same thing so it's a software failure.
Hello,

I got a problem to read this BR and only this one. When i start playing it, i get a screen that say i need to download a new firmware for my hardware.. got 2 differents BR optics LG & Samsung up to date and none of them can read it.

Not sure if it's really an hardware failure or PowerDVD 9 Ultra which can't read it ?
Conan The Destroyer (which is packed with it) play nice.
Go to: