Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Yes, YogiBear & Jan our symptoms are the same.

I, too, can recreate the problem with one short 10 sec video clip (no effects, transitions), simply dragging the slider across the timeline. The preview freezes for around 9 secs. Likewise, it is not the entire program freezing, I can continue dragging the timeline, but the preview remains frozen until I have stopped dragging and 9 seconds has elasped, then it will refresh.

I will also add that this problem occurs nearly all of the time, but every now and then, it disappears for a little while. But I cannot find anything that is being done differently to achieve this.

FredB, I agree that each machine and problem is UNIQUE! However, when the SYMPTOMS appear IDENTICAL, one would be SILLY not to attempt to troubleshoot the issue together. The idea of a forum is to have people collaborate information. Some of it is relevant, some of it is not. A good troubleshooter can determine what info is important and what is not, but only if they have all of the information at hand.

I also agree that problems should be reported on separate threads. Everyone who is experiencing this or any other problem should create a new thread. But if your problem sounds the same as this, I would appreciate it if you also posted here, as you may (or may not) have a vital piece of information to help us out.

Regarding the Video Card, what do you think of the 1G GTX560? Any experiences?

Thanks
Hi William.gh,

I got all the Clcleaners from here - http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/15688.page

I don't have shadow files enabled either.

I'm sorry to hear that others are also having this issue; although at the same time I am glad that I'm not the only one

I urge everyone who is experiencing this problem to report it to Cyberlink and refer them to the various threads on here, so hopefully they will realise that it is not a user-related issue.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/18784.page

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/18786.page

Thanks everyone for your input.

Steve
Hi, I am also having this 10 second lag issue while scrubbing the timeline. See my thread here - http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/18786.page#97466

I am using completely different hardware:
Intel i7 950
Intel Desktop Board DX58SO
12 GB RAM - 1600
Nvidia GEForce GTX 260
1 x Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 - 250GB (Windows/Program Files)
2 x Seagate Barracuda ES 2 - 1T each (Project Files)

Also, no google toolbar installed.

I don't want to hijack your thread, but wanted to add some extra info to the mix.

Regards,
Steve

Quote: Are you running PD9 as the administrator?

Yes, I am running PD9 as administrator. I have tried running as admin & non-admin, but the problem occurs either way.
Hi, thanks for taking the time to help me out.

1) I only just updated my video driver today to try to fix the problem. The problem was occurring with the previous driver also.

2) I have attached two screenshots i. A simple test project (not even HD), with one 48min clip, no edits or effects ii. My capture screen.

3) Preview is normally set to High, not HD... but setting this to Low Quality Preview doesn't help, scrubbing still freezes.

4) Capturing from a Sony HVR-Z5P. Filmed in HD, but capturing at 720

5) Normally, I use a second drive D: for my project files & video clips. D: is internal SATA, not usb. Just now, I copied an MPEG clip from D: to C: (Windows 7/Program Files Drive) and created a new project, and saved the project to C:, to see if the problem was D:, but it didn't change anything. I note that this doesn't rule out a problem with C:, but the rest of the computer is very responsive. If C: was failing I would expect other software to suffer, including Windows in general.

Maybe I could try a different Vid Card. Could you recommend a Vid Card that is particually trouble free? Or other advise?

Thanks again for your help.

Hello, I am experiencing a problem with PD9 freezing for 10 seconds or so, while scanning ("scrubbing") the timeline of a project.

I have uninstalled / reinstalled as directed on this forum:

Uninstalled PowerDirector 9
Uninstalled SmartSound
Uninstalled PhotoNow
Uninstalled WaveEditor
Uninstalled Quicktime

Ran CLCleaner PowerDirector
Ran CLCleaner PhotoNow
Ran CLCleaner WaveEditor
Ran CLCleaner PDR9SmartSound

Updated to latest Video Drivers - NVIDIA 280.26

Remove Temp Windows/Internet Files & Reg Clean

Restart PC

Installed PD9
Installed Content Pack

Restart PC

Updated PD9 to latest 2930 Patch

Restart PC

Launch PD9

Create New Test Project

Import 1 x 10 second MPEG-2 Clip - 720x576 256kbps 10.1MB filesize
Drag Clip to timeline
Scan ("Scrub") through the timeline
PowerDirector freezes while scrubbing - approx 10 secs at a time, until preview updates to the correct timeline location.

I have tried various Hardware acceleration settings, which makes no difference to performance.
Disabling AntiVirus

Hard Drive Setup - Hard drives are defragged nightly
Primary - Windows / Program Files (including PD9) - 73% free space of 232GB
Secondary - Project Files - 50% free space of 1.81T

Attached is DxDiag Reports.

Please assist me with this issue, as it is currently unworkable for me. Please let me know if you need any additional information.

Regards,
Steve

Go to: