Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Installed the trial version, then uninstalled. It left behind Newblue video essentials. Is this worth keeping - does it run with version13?

Don't have 360, or 3D etc. and don't make a lot of videos. Is it worth the $69 just to keep up to date?
I have quite a few "blue" entries but less than half of them can be added to a timeline. Interesting about the previous versions - I have 9 and 10 but installed 11 the last time with no previous versions installed. Sounds like I could get more free entries if I installed 9, then 10, then 11. Or maybe 9 and 10 underneath 11 which would be easier.
Apparently this issue is common enough that they have a prepared answer for it. Note below, 4000 + views. At least I'm not alone. This is an installer problem on the PowerDirector side of things.

SmartSound Reply
"I am getting a message about Quictracks Plugin.msi
By admin

Print
This indicates that the Quicktracks plug-in was not completely installed and that Windows Installer believes there is still work it needs to complete. The message that pops-up when you run other programs is there as a reminder that the installation process is not complete.

For whatever reason this problem exists, the solution is the same. Download and install the Quicktracks updater. Once this file is on your computer, run the installer. It will complete the installation and fix the problem. You should no longer receive the message about the QuicktracksPlugin.msi.

Download & Install Quicktracks
http://www.smartsound.com/support/updates.html
Submitted: 09/14/09

Views: 4098 views. Averaging 3 per day.
In the most recent 30 day period, there've been 36 views.

Similar Articles:
Premiere Pro CS5-CS6 Plugin Problem
Can't location Quicktracks plugin
Error message: 201 NoQT
Error message when copying music from a CD.
My Plugin Activation Code doesn't work?

Phil, what you describe is how I thought it should be however, less than half of the songs that appear in blue are actually available. When I manually installed the smart sound, the next time that I open power director it went into a routine where quite a few data files were downloaded. This had not been the case with the automatic installer. This leads me to wonder if there is a possibility that my ostensibly free song database is only partially downloaded.

If that is the case, how do I go about getting the rest?
Thanks. I would just as soon remove them if their content is repeated in the PACs that were issued with version 11. Still not quite sure whether they offer anything extra?
I must say that this is rather like detecting mines by slapping the ground. I downloaded the 204 MB file from smart sound and installed it – thanks Tony. It also came with a file called smart sound common data. I installed that.

Still I found that there were many styles and many variations within styles but I could not detect a methodology that identified which styles were free. I literally had to stumble across one that had "add to music track" available.

Perhaps their marketing paradigm is to force you to stumble through the various styles and songs in order to discover the free inclusions? If true – this is annoying.

What is even more annoying is that the power director installer fails abysmally and I have to spend hours hammering away in order to find knowledgeable fellow users that can show me the right direction. Can you imagine a person who is not particularly computer literate trying to go through this process? SHAME ON YOU CYBERLINK! (Their reply to my trouble ticket was completely unresponsive and off the mark)

Is there a list available someplace that shows the free selections?
Tony's suggestion was on target. I extracted the install files from the premium content pack and went directly to the smart sound install directory and manually installed. Even when I manually ran the setup and MSI file, the system was looking for a path in temporary directories and I had to point it to the directory where the files were extracted. There is something wrong with this – I was a computer professional and have built many machines including this one. It is solid and tight.

That's the good news…

The bad news is that after successfully installing so that smart sound does not break when it is initiated, I find that I have virtually no sound files in the program data directory. Please correct me if I am wrong but it seems to me that in a previous iteration of power director, there were some free files that could be used. Is there nothing included as a part of the ultimate package?
I have installed and reinstalled three or four times now and SMARTSOUND will not install properly. In the program I click on "MagicMusic" and it attempts to complete the SmartSound install but fails looking for "Smartsound Quicktracks 5.msi" file, (see my error snip attachment). I searched the entire system and that file is not available. Pretty disturbing when brand new software won't fully install and my trouble ticket simply said to reinstall which did not fix the problem.

Anybody know what's going on? I'm Win7/64 bit incidentally.

If I get this to work, is this the feature that let's me insert royalty free music into a project?
Just upgraded to version 11. It has two content packs - do they include everything from V10 content packs? If V10 has additional stuff, can V11 access it?

Kill them or leave them?
I agree – I'm going to have to work on my handheld cell phone technique. Not to mention the fact that the wind noise is quite pronounced even though I don't recall that the wind was all that vigorous.
I'll check my phone settings but I doubt there will be flexibility. I downloaded "Free 3gp Video Converter" from dvdvideosoft and it worked perfectly. Converted to mp4 and it played well.

Be nice if it could go straight in but I don't use the phone much anyway. Thank you so much for your clarifications!
Here it is...
I have a suitable clip. How do I upload it?
I have the LG Dare cell phone which creates video in the 3G2 format. The specification say that I should be able to work with this format in my power director 9/64. Such is not the case.

I am able to import the folder into a project – I can see the opening frame – I can play the clip in the preview window but the sound will not play.

If I drag the clip to the timeline, the first frame of the clip will be visible on the timeline but the preview window is black even though the slider seems to be escaping on the timeline. This is puzzling.

Can anyone help me to understand? It also seems that the three G2 format is somewhat quirky as Windows media player will play the video but not the audio. I can however play the video and the audio through QuickTime. I guess there is a workaround which I may have used in the past and that is to convert three G2 to some other format. Seems unnecessarily cumbersome.

Thank you for your assistance
Sounds plausible but I do have WMP version 12 installed on my W7/Pro/64 system. Therefore the program is there to be discovered.
For some reason, this program does not install on my system. I have looked through all the program files directories and also searched the entire hard drive for the program name "waveeditor.exe.

It is not there
Thanks for the quick reply. I would add that it is possible to invoke photo now if you find the program and create a shortcut to it. Your explanation of rich video and smart sound makes sense. What I have not been able to find is any shortcut to the wave editor program. I have gone to the installation folder on the DVD and attempted to install wave editor – it seems to start but then there is no continuation of the process. I'm a little mystified by this.
PDIR director re-has several subfolders which would seem to correspond to programs:
1 photo now
2 rich video
3 smart sound
4 wave editor

this is confusing – during installation, no program link is constructed for photo now. And yet, there is a program director re-that allows you to create a shortcut to the program. I have tried that and it seems to be functional, although certainly no Photoshop, but it is puzzling that it is not a separate entry in the start menu for cyber link.

Rich video seems to be a plug-in, but what is smart sound and what is the wave editor. These programs have individual setup files but executing them seems to do nothing much. A learned discourse on the function of these "programs" and how to access them would be most appreciated.
Go to: