Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I need to understand the programs included with power director ultra 64
alexcomp [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Alabama Joined: Aug 29, 2011 17:08 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]
PDIR director re-has several subfolders which would seem to correspond to programs:
1 photo now
2 rich video
3 smart sound
4 wave editor

this is confusing – during installation, no program link is constructed for photo now. And yet, there is a program director re-that allows you to create a shortcut to the program. I have tried that and it seems to be functional, although certainly no Photoshop, but it is puzzling that it is not a separate entry in the start menu for cyber link.

Rich video seems to be a plug-in, but what is smart sound and what is the wave editor. These programs have individual setup files but executing them seems to do nothing much. A learned discourse on the function of these "programs" and how to access them would be most appreciated.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]

1 photo now
2 rich video
3 smart sound
4 wave editor

Photo Now shows up if you have a still image selected on the timeline and you click edit image on top of the timeline.

Rich Video is a module that detects scenes in a DV video in the Capture Module. You do not see it in action unless you have a DV recorder.

Smart Sound is the Magic Music library of royalty free music available via the PD interface. Also known as Quicktracks.

Wave Editor is a stand-alone audio editor, on my system there is a shortcut on my desktop. But not a start menu item.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 29. 2011 18:11

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

alexcomp [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the quick reply. I would add that it is possible to invoke photo now if you find the program and create a shortcut to it. Your explanation of rich video and smart sound makes sense. What I have not been able to find is any shortcut to the wave editor program. I have gone to the installation folder on the DVD and attempted to install wave editor – it seems to start but then there is no continuation of the process. I'm a little mystified by this.
Pax 123 [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Miami, Florida Joined: Feb 25, 2010 06:35 Messages: 282 Offline
[Post New]
Wave editor is active when there is a clip with audio in the timeline. It is activated by clicking the "edit audio" button.

Try it out by pulling the Nature.mpg clip into a timeline and look for the edit audio button.

Pax Laptop PC, ASUS
Core i7 Q 720
Win 7, 64-bit
RAM 8GB DDR2
Graphics, NVIDIA GeForce GTS 360M 1GB DDR5
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
When you install PDR9, WaveEditor is installed automatically, a short cut should also be automatically placed on your desktop. WaveEditor can be used in conjunction with PDR9 or as a stand alone editor.

Robert Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Wave Editor is located here.

I have Windows 7, if you have XP your location would be different.
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\WaveEditor\WaveEditor.exe"

Navigate to WaveEditor and send to desktop (create shortcut).

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 29. 2011 21:23

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

alexcomp [Avatar]
[Post New]
For some reason, this program does not install on my system. I have looked through all the program files directories and also searched the entire hard drive for the program name "waveeditor.exe.

It is not there
Gary1545 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Vancouver Joined: Jun 16, 2010 18:47 Messages: 27 Offline
[Post New]
Hi

Look for topic "Installation Did Not Include WaveEditor".

An unfound Windows Media Player file could be causing it to fail the installation with no explanation.

Gary
alexcomp [Avatar]
[Post New]
Sounds plausible but I do have WMP version 12 installed on my W7/Pro/64 system. Therefore the program is there to be discovered.
Gary1545 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Vancouver Joined: Jun 16, 2010 18:47 Messages: 27 Offline
[Post New]
I also have Win 7 Ultimate 64bit and WMP was installed but I still had to do the WMP disable/reenable dance as explained in that link to get WaveEditor to install...

Gary

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 04. 2011 22:18