Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >

Hey Guys,

I purchased the tech support for PowerDirector 9 Ultra 64. A nice guy in New Delhi walked me through producing my projects. I have have 3 projects that I want to produce and create on a DVD. He wanted me to produce each project into Mpeg4 format. The 3 min project took 3 hours. The 20 min project took about 8 hours and the the 35 minute project took about 12 hours. He told me to call back after I did that. When I told the next customer rep that it took a very long time he said he would send me an email to shorten that. He then told me to open a new project and bring all of those projects Project.mp4 Project_0.mp4 and Project_1.mp4.

There is a problem. The Projects show a few seconds of video and then go black on video, but the audio is fine. One just stopped altogether with video pixilated and frozen.

Now New Delhi office is closed. : I feel I should redo the produce, but do you know the tip that keeps the time shorter?

Thanks,
Lucy
Thanks guys!
Thanks guys.

Any advice on how to put different projects together. Is that the Batch Produce? I can only find a tiny bit about it in the manual.

I have 4 different PDS that I want to put together on one DVD. The Open, the Wedding ceremony in 2 parts and the reception. (I used to use DV Raptor or DV Rex editors.)

Thanks again - you guys are always helpful to this newbie!
Lucy

I use Power Director 9 Ultra 64.

Attached are the required files. I will trust you that the "glips" will not be in finished product since the disappeared when I posted it on facebook for the bride to preview.

I can't find anything in the manual about Batch Produce. I have edited the wedding in different files and now I was hoping to link them all together to place on the DVD. Is it the Batch Produce? I see where to add the files, but it doesn't ask for a new project name or a location to find the Batch produce.

Hi,

When I add a transition (always fade in cross transition) the following clip will sometimes stall for a brief second or will appear to speed up for a brief second before playing. I wondered if this happens on clips that I have fix/enhanced or cropped. Or maybe if I have a clip on a concurrent track that is not visible. I have tried removing and replacing the transition.

I need the soft desolve transitions as it is a wedding video. By the way, since the fade transition is added to my favorites is there a way that it can be set to always be cross transition? I have to switch every single transition.

Thanks,
Scubalucy My family is scubadiving, but I am here finishing up this video.
Wow Cranston! That is exactly what I need. I have been scouring the manual as I haven't found the multi-monitor set up. I assume that I disable the Snap to Reference and then enable the Dual Preview???

I see only the corners of the frames and I am not sure how to see all three whole clips.

Thank you
Scubalucy
Thank you both!

This isn't quite like other editors I have worked with, but I love some of the features. I think I can get through this wedding. I had read the manual, and practiced most of the tutorial, but your practical tips really helped with this 3 camera editing.

ScubaLucy
Dear ynotfish,

What you have suggested is helpful, but I think I am only half way there. I have 3 tracks placed in 2, 3 and 4. If I lock tracks 3 and 4 I should see track 2, correct? I still view track 4. Hmm.

Once I do find the clips I want, should I split, ensure the gap remains, then place the clip into track 1 were I can make my transitions from clip to clip.

I tried the opacity method also. I selected a track, pressed modify, selected the Add/Edit Motion for PIP effect, used the slide on the opacity to about 50, selected apply to all and then ok. I thought I would see both tracks simutaneously (as it did in the Master View inside the modify option), but that is not the case. I tried it with tracks locked and unlock and I still don't see it.

What could I be doing wrong?

Thanks for your help so far,
Lucy
I need to edit a wedding where I have 3 cameras rolling. I need to learn how to edit between the tracks. If I line up the clips on different tracks in time sequence then I could just clip and overwrite, But I can't view all the clips on different tracks to do this. So far I can only view a clip if it is in the first track. If I move it to were I can view it then it is no longer lined up in sync.

I am new to PowerDirector 9 and using it for a trial period. So far I like what I see of PowerDirector 9, but I don't want to buy it if I can't do the above editing.

Thanks,
Lucy
Go to: