Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Transition seems to stall and or speed up
Lucy Maloney [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 20, 2011 17:52 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]

Hi,

When I add a transition (always fade in cross transition) the following clip will sometimes stall for a brief second or will appear to speed up for a brief second before playing. I wondered if this happens on clips that I have fix/enhanced or cropped. Or maybe if I have a clip on a concurrent track that is not visible. I have tried removing and replacing the transition.

I need the soft desolve transitions as it is a wedding video. By the way, since the fade transition is added to my favorites is there a way that it can be set to always be cross transition? I have to switch every single transition.

Thanks,
Scubalucy My family is scubadiving, but I am here finishing up this video.
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page Look at part B and attach your dxdiag.txt to a post. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Lucy,
I get a similar thing on my system when playing a video in the track - the finished video is fine. HD is a resource hungry "animal" and as such will really use a GPU's display capability. I drop my preview to High and still get the "stutter through a transition. I have a GPU which I'd like to replace.

If you attach a diagnostic file members would be able to offer additional input. Attaching a sample of the video you have would also help. 5 to 10 seconds, unedited please and state what camera it is from.
GPU = Graphic processing Unit, aka graphic card
Links to data required Part A & Part B (diagnostic) = http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page

How to attach: Click Post Reply or this link: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/reply/0/18206.page

Copied from duplicated post - I've removed it.
Lucy Maloney [Avatar]
[Post New]

I use Power Director 9 Ultra 64.

Attached are the required files. I will trust you that the "glips" will not be in finished product since the disappeared when I posted it on facebook for the bride to preview.

I can't find anything in the manual about Batch Produce. I have edited the wedding in different files and now I was hoping to link them all together to place on the DVD. Is it the Batch Produce? I see where to add the files, but it doesn't ask for a new project name or a location to find the Batch produce.
 Filename
LuicyDxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
33 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
246 time(s)
 Filename
64 LuicyDxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
33 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
326 time(s)
 Filename
PreWedding Mix.pds
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
787 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
286 time(s)
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Your system looks similar to mine. If I remember correctly, the NVIDIA GeForce 6150 is an onboard graphics card. Much of my problem was solved by adding PCI Express card. It doesn't even have to be top of the line. A good mid-range card should be cheap and will run much better than the built in graphics. Get one that is one the supported list and it will take some of the load off of the CPU will processing video. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Lucy Maloney [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks guys.

Any advice on how to put different projects together. Is that the Batch Produce? I can only find a tiny bit about it in the manual.

I have 4 different PDS that I want to put together on one DVD. The Open, the Wedding ceremony in 2 parts and the reception. (I used to use DV Raptor or DV Rex editors.)

Thanks again - you guys are always helpful to this newbie!
Lucy
James Dotson
[Post New]
Open one project and go to Create Disc. From there you can import the other projects and each should have it's own chapter on the DVD. I've only done it once and can't walk you through the details, but I don't remember it being difficult. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Lucy,
With a project in the tracks, select Create Disc
On the left of the interface you'll see two "+" icons, select either one you think suitable and bring your project or finished video into PD.

I would suggest you finish your various projects before bringing them into create disc. The reason is simple -as doing so lessens the burden on your PC and speeds up the write process.
For example: For a DVD, Produce an Mpeg2 and then bring that finished video file into Create Disc.

The attached *.pds is not a sample video. It is a project file and contains only text address information.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 27. 2011 03:08

Lucy Maloney [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks guys!
Lucy Maloney [Avatar]
[Post New]

Hey Guys,

I purchased the tech support for PowerDirector 9 Ultra 64. A nice guy in New Delhi walked me through producing my projects. I have have 3 projects that I want to produce and create on a DVD. He wanted me to produce each project into Mpeg4 format. The 3 min project took 3 hours. The 20 min project took about 8 hours and the the 35 minute project took about 12 hours. He told me to call back after I did that. When I told the next customer rep that it took a very long time he said he would send me an email to shorten that. He then told me to open a new project and bring all of those projects Project.mp4 Project_0.mp4 and Project_1.mp4.

There is a problem. The Projects show a few seconds of video and then go black on video, but the audio is fine. One just stopped altogether with video pixilated and frozen.

Now New Delhi office is closed. : I feel I should redo the produce, but do you know the tip that keeps the time shorter?

Thanks,
Lucy
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: A nice guy in New Delhi walked me through producing my projects. I have have 3 projects that I want to produce and create on a DVD. He wanted me to produce each project into Mpeg4 format.

Glad the guy was nice, he gave you nonsense for your paid help if your end project target media is standard definition DVD. If your end target is standard definition DVD and you want to produce each of your 3 projects first, do it to MPEG-2 DVD HQ profile. In doing this when you bring all three projects together in PD for your final create disc, the video is compatible and will not need to be encoded again making the burden on the PC a little easier. The suggested MPEG4 files would need to be encoded yet again when making a standard definition DVD.

Maybe reread Dafydd's notes he provided below, good info and should get you by, it was free too!

Jeff