Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote: You never said what the source and extention of the videos are. 24i is unusual frame rate. Is it 24 or 23.94 fps.. Apparently you were successful with it on PD7 with short projects. PD14 requires a more powerful pc to do the same job. Other users and I are successful in keeping 5.1 audio in sync. You may not like any solutions because it requires more work and may involve 3rd party apps.

Other users might want to chime in when more information is given.

Well spotted, they are 24p MPEGs not 24i!

I've used all PD programs since v7, but the problem is only with this production which I just happen to be using PD14 for, I may try producing using a previous version, but my suspicions are it is memory related due to the requirements for such a large production! Any other project I've done has been successfully produced with the same conditions including the 5.1 but never this long!
Quote: How much Virtual Memory do you have? Setting virtual memory to about one and one half times your installed RAM is the recommended setting.

I do not think you have posted the Dxdiag.txt file for your system, OS is 32 bit or 64 Bit? If 32 bit, you do not have as much memory available for use.

Powerdirector needs the Minimum specs to work best.

http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdirector-ultra/spec_en_US.html

System is 64bit, 8GB RAM and 16000MB virtual memory. i5 2.60GHz.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote: I'm currently working on a project which is 150 min long all produced in 1920x1080 24i with Dolby 5.1.

When producing the final project at about 110 min onwards the audio is slighlty out of sync (ahead) of the video which is very annoying. I'm suspecting that it's due to the quality and duration of the production and I'm looking for any tips/tricks to help.

Having worked with PD since v7 I learned a long time ago to split large projects into smaller files and this project is actually seperated into 25 different projects (the longest of which is just 19 min) which are produced in the required format individually (with the 25 productions then placed into the final project). So the final production is pure video with no transitions/effects etc and there is no sync issues with the individual productions.

I've heard before that unlinking the audio/video can help, if so do u simply unlink them and leave as is or move the audio to the next track?

I run Ccleaner and defrag before production and was wondering what else I could do to aid the process such as temporarily disabling McAfee/Wifi or other Windows features?
If you are using MP3 audio files, it is a known fact that some MP3s do get out of sync with the video. If you convert the MP3 audio to PCM audio (WAV), you may solve the out of sync problem.

It's the audio which is part of the video which is out of sync
That is unusual.

Disabling your McAfee would be worth trying. You could just exclude Powerdirector from McAFee and see what happens.

In thr individual productions the audio is in sync but not infinal production so I'm guessing it's memory?

I seem to recall a similar discussion with a previous version of PD and somebody mentioned unlinking the audio/video solved the issue so I'll try that out of curiosity and see if makes any difference. Why it would actually make a difference I don't know but it's worth a try!
Quote:
Quote: I'm currently working on a project which is 150 min long all produced in 1920x1080 24i with Dolby 5.1.

When producing the final project at about 110 min onwards the audio is slighlty out of sync (ahead) of the video which is very annoying. I'm suspecting that it's due to the quality and duration of the production and I'm looking for any tips/tricks to help.

Having worked with PD since v7 I learned a long time ago to split large projects into smaller files and this project is actually seperated into 25 different projects (the longest of which is just 19 min) which are produced in the required format individually (with the 25 productions then placed into the final project). So the final production is pure video with no transitions/effects etc and there is no sync issues with the individual productions.

I've heard before that unlinking the audio/video can help, if so do u simply unlink them and leave as is or move the audio to the next track?

I run Ccleaner and defrag before production and was wondering what else I could do to aid the process such as temporarily disabling McAfee/Wifi or other Windows features?
If you are using MP3 audio files, it is a known fact that some MP3s do get out of sync with the video. If you convert the MP3 audio to PCM audio (WAV), you may solve the out of sync problem.

It's the audio which is part of the video which is out of sync
Quote: I now make it a habit to export all my projects as a Packed Project to avoid such things. I know, too late for you now, but are you aware of that function?

Yes I have been doing things that way for years now, the old file was before I did that!
I would like to see the feature where PD can search for missing files automatically by filename rather than the browse option which can be very time consuming.

Recently I dug out a project file which I started many years ago on PD9 on an old laptop. I had all the files on the new laptop but in different directories (but same filenames). Having to individually search for each item was frustrating!

An auto search would cut them time dramatically.
I'm currently working on a project which is 150 min long all produced in 1920x1080 24i with Dolby 5.1.

Quote:
Quote: Now it has stoped displaying all photos!

I uninstalled and then reinstalled PD14 and still the same problem!
Did you check the Files of Type drop down in the import file dialog? You can select All Files or All Media Files. (File > Import > Media Files (Ctrl + Q) ).

Started working again nornally after a few days, was very odd!

Yes all file types was selected, and en setting to photos only, videos only etc and then back to all types made no difference! Anyways all OK now!h
Now it has stoped displaying all photos!

I uninstalled and then reinstalled PD14 and still the same problem!
Up to yesterday PD14 would show all files in the import media option, however today it will only show certain files (will not show any MPEG type files) even though the show all media option is shown, have tried everything and it won't show all file types!

Any ideas?

Gordon
Go to: