Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
In a bid to organise my disk space, I thought it would be a good idea to zip up all the files relating to each project. Having 46 in total , I thought I would need an automated process. So I set to work writing something using Microsoft's PowerShell. I was able to identify the files that needed to be archived from the .pds which stores the project configuration in XML format. After a lot of trial and error, I managed to create an archive for a project. Full of glee, I extracted the extract and tried to open the associated .pds. Unfortunately no media loaded. However I noticed that my version of PowerDirector already provides a facility for "Packing" a project - File / Export / Pack Project Materials... !!!!!!!!

And it works - not only does it archive, but the archived .pds opens and runs the projects satisfactorily.

So, I thought, it would be really good if I could programmatically call that PowerDirector function to automate the packing of my 46 projects.

Searching the forum, I find a lot of references to APIs which PowerDirector uses to work with third party products. For instance there is mention of the APIs provided by online resources such as Facebook and Freesound. However my interest is in going the opposite way. Here is my question -

Does PowerDirector have an API for programatic access by third party software?

PowerDirector 11.0.0.3625; Windows 10; AMD Athlon II X4; 2.80 GHz

Problem:
No sounds were heard in PD11 from any project.
However (1) System sounds could be heard in headphones. (2) WaveEditor played sounds. (3) .MPG and .WAV files created previously by PowerDirector played sound in Windows Media Player.
For Information: PowerDirector v11.0.0.3625 was installed on 26/1/2014

Fix:
Select [Playback] menu option
Select {Adjust System Volume} - Slider display showed sound on lowest level
Slid slider up

Result:
Sounds heard!
I have tried producing to MPEG2 but didnt get lucky as the resultant file had no audio at all, which perhaps is not a surprise as the timeline version, from which it was produced, did not either.
Also installed FFDShow but no improvment, though I'm not actually sure what to expect as when I click on the installed program "makeAVIS" no application dialogue appears. There are configuration dialogues but I have not changed anything from initial install.
I tried 51 of my .MOV files and 33 of them had audio when in the timeline but 18 did not. I have attached one of each.
Thankyou for the responses.
I included an MPG in my screenshot just to show that PD9 was processing some audio. But the rest of the project files in the timeline are .MOV and none have an audio track populated though there is audio present and playable in the file.
I saw the logs about QuickTime so I upgraded to the latest version but no joy.
I also applied the latest PD9 patch so I am now on PowerDirector Ultra64 9.0.0.2702 but still no .MOV audio.
One thing I'm not sure about is whether my sound card is supported. I have a Nvidia Geforce G210 which I updated to driver version 8.17.12.7061 from the Nvidia site as recommended elsewhere.
The .MOV files are from a Kodak camera either a Z1275 or Z1285 ( I'm not sure which because I've lent it to my son who's on a trip to the States).
I haven't tried the FFDShow yet, so maybe that's my next step.
Regards
.MOV files can be imported and both video and audio can be played, but when added to a track only the video is included. The audio is dropped.
Go to: