Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Audio not included when .MOV added to track
[Post New]
.MOV files can be imported and both video and audio can be played, but when added to a track only the video is included. The audio is dropped.
 Filename
MovNoAudioScreenshot.bmp
[Disk]
 Description
Screenshot
 Filesize
3075 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
226 time(s)
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
DirectX Diagnostic
 Filesize
38 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
406 time(s)
 Filename
System Information20110528.html
[Disk]
 Description
System info
 Filesize
102 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
787 time(s)
HP p6315uk, AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 630 Processor, 2.81 GHz, Windows 7, 4Gb DDR3-SDRAM (1333 MHz), NVidia GeForce GT610
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Your screen shot shows a MPG file not a MOV.

Are you sure you got the right file? Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
The dropped audio is clear from your screen shot. There have been a good number of reports that .mov files won’t display the audio correctly for PD9, patch 2702 fixed the issue for some mov files. What version of PD do you have? If already 2702, I've seen updating QuickTime has resolved the issue at times and/or using the codec pack FFDshow.

Not all mov files are the same, certain cameras, particularly new models, appear to be a little more problematic for me.

Jeff
[Post New]
Thankyou for the responses.
I included an MPG in my screenshot just to show that PD9 was processing some audio. But the rest of the project files in the timeline are .MOV and none have an audio track populated though there is audio present and playable in the file.
I saw the logs about QuickTime so I upgraded to the latest version but no joy.
I also applied the latest PD9 patch so I am now on PowerDirector Ultra64 9.0.0.2702 but still no .MOV audio.
One thing I'm not sure about is whether my sound card is supported. I have a Nvidia Geforce G210 which I updated to driver version 8.17.12.7061 from the Nvidia site as recommended elsewhere.
The .MOV files are from a Kodak camera either a Z1275 or Z1285 ( I'm not sure which because I've lent it to my son who's on a trip to the States).
I haven't tried the FFDShow yet, so maybe that's my next step.
Regards HP p6315uk, AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 630 Processor, 2.81 GHz, Windows 7, 4Gb DDR3-SDRAM (1333 MHz), NVidia GeForce GT610
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Too bad the patch didn’t resolve your issue.

It would probably be worthwhile to post a short clip (10-15sec) from your camera when you get it back and see if other editors have issues with the footage. A possible work around is to convert it to a format that PD9 is a little more happy with. Several free utilities do a nice job (Format Factory, Super…), at times I've also had luck putting the MOV file in the PD timeline and that's it, nothing else, and then simply producing to a different format and use that for detailed editing.

Jeff

[Post New]
I have tried producing to MPEG2 but didnt get lucky as the resultant file had no audio at all, which perhaps is not a surprise as the timeline version, from which it was produced, did not either.
Also installed FFDShow but no improvment, though I'm not actually sure what to expect as when I click on the installed program "makeAVIS" no application dialogue appears. There are configuration dialogues but I have not changed anything from initial install.
I tried 51 of my .MOV files and 33 of them had audio when in the timeline but 18 did not. I have attached one of each.
 Filename
100_0006.MOV
[Disk]
 Description
.MOV file Audio works
 Filesize
10748 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
365 time(s)
 Filename
100_0252.MOV
[Disk]
 Description
.MOV file No Audio when on timeline
 Filesize
12517 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
323 time(s)
HP p6315uk, AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 630 Processor, 2.81 GHz, Windows 7, 4Gb DDR3-SDRAM (1333 MHz), NVidia GeForce GT610
[Post New]
NeilT;
I know that PD9 has been having trouble with some MOV files (and maybe the Geforce 2xx Nvidia cards) and other users have had some success fixing issues, so I hope what I add here will help them solve your problem:

I downloaded your files and added them to the timeline. I did have "issues"
a. PD9 froze the first time
b. When I play the clips there is a "stutter" between clips (no matter which order I placed them on the timeline) during playback.
c. look at the "properties" in the attached image. Something is very different about the two MOV files.

I suggest (at least)
1. Update your VIDEO Drivers (yours are a year old):
http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-winvista-64bit-275.33-whql-driver.html

2. Download the most recent PD9 build (v.2930):
http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/support/powerdirector/patches_en_US.html

3. Reboot and try again, but be aware that I have the latest of both (1 and 2) and still have difficulties with the MOV files attached.
[Thumb - Untitled-2.jpg]
 Filename
Untitled-2.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
224 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
188 time(s)