Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Use PowerDirector through an API
[Post New]
In a bid to organise my disk space, I thought it would be a good idea to zip up all the files relating to each project. Having 46 in total , I thought I would need an automated process. So I set to work writing something using Microsoft's PowerShell. I was able to identify the files that needed to be archived from the .pds which stores the project configuration in XML format. After a lot of trial and error, I managed to create an archive for a project. Full of glee, I extracted the extract and tried to open the associated .pds. Unfortunately no media loaded. However I noticed that my version of PowerDirector already provides a facility for "Packing" a project - File / Export / Pack Project Materials... !!!!!!!!

And it works - not only does it archive, but the archived .pds opens and runs the projects satisfactorily.

So, I thought, it would be really good if I could programmatically call that PowerDirector function to automate the packing of my 46 projects.

Searching the forum, I find a lot of references to APIs which PowerDirector uses to work with third party products. For instance there is mention of the APIs provided by online resources such as Facebook and Freesound. However my interest is in going the opposite way. Here is my question -

Does PowerDirector have an API for programatic access by third party software?

PowerDirector 11.0.0.3625; Windows 10; AMD Athlon II X4; 2.80 GHz HP p6315uk, AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 630 Processor, 2.81 GHz, Windows 7, 4Gb DDR3-SDRAM (1333 MHz), NVidia GeForce GT610