Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote: Enabling 3D vision under start menu -> Nvidia worked for me

However if Im going to watch a 2D movie in Media Player Classic Home Cinema it automatically goes to 3D aswell... Disabling 3D vision solves this. However I don't want to keep enabling and disabling this based on if it is a 2D or 3D movie. I want to watch 2D movies in 2D and 3D movies in 3D. Is there a better solution?

Using GTX 680 with WHQL driver 301.10 under windows 7 SP1 X64.

I have a 680 latest drivers and Windows 8 x64 and have the exact same problem.

Nvidia is a nightmare, a cheaper AMD 6450 switched to 3D perfect when told to.
Enabling and disabling 3D vision is just annoying and it also makes your desktop in 3D too so it's not working as it should in my opinion.

I recently upgraded to a Asus GTX680 and a XL2420T 120hz monitor with 3D vision kit and since doing so I have had issues with 3D blu-rays using cyberlink

Originally before I got the 3D monitor I could load up powerdvd and once the blu-ray was playing I clicked 3D mode and my TV automatically switched to 3D mode and my glasses synced with the TV. No issues and it worked perfect via HDMI 1.4 using an AMD6450.

Now when I click 3D mode on powerdvd nothing happens and my TV stays in 2D mode, ideally I would like my TV as a 2nd monitor and just be able to play 3D blu-rays and still have use of my desktop or even just not have to disable monitors and mess with settings but it won't even work with my xl2420t monitor disconnected and the 3d vision emitter unplugged.

I have tried uninstalling the 3D vision drivers but I still cant get 3D playback working again via HDMI 1.4 on my Samsung 3DTV.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions to what I am doing wrong and how to get a around this problem.

Thanks

Samsung LE46C750 (HDMI 1.4)
Benq XL2420T (Dyal Link DVI)
3D Vision 2
Asus GTX680 DCU II TOP
Windows 8 X64

If you need any more info let me know.
AMD have said generally we recommend a 68/69 series card for 3D content but that was reference to gaming as well so just for movie playback my card is capable. Do you have any idea what else it could be if my gfx card, tv & glasses all support 1080p 3D?

Thanks
LN46C750 is listed though and I believe that is the same TV.

I have contacted AMD but havnt received a reply yet so will just have to wait for their feedback.

Thanks
Can no one offer any help for me here? I have researched so much into this and really do need help. I am beginning to think that buying a HD6450 was the wrong decision cause despite it's hdmi 1.4 slot on AMD's HD3D requirements it doesn't list my card even though on the packaging it says amd hd3d ready and designed for 3D.

Any help suggestions or ideas is greatly appreciated or even if people could provide evidence of working 3D blurays on ATI setups.

Thanks

Please someone help, is there a setting or something im missing.

720p works fine but it just doesn't like 1080p or the fact my setup is all hdmi 1.4
Can anyone help me? I've been trying for the past few days to enable 3D playback on my HTPC.
After reading posts I updated my 4xxx series card to a HD6450 with HDMI 1.4 but I'm still having problems.

If I select auto settings in the 3D options it defaults my tv as a hdmi 1.4 1080p but when I attempt to play a 3D movie it throws an error at me saying can not enable 3D playback. I have played about with the settings and discovered if i set my tv as 120hz LCD when I play a 3D film my tv detects it; switches to 3D mode but for some strange reason it changes from 1080p to 720p (1280x720@60hz).

Does anyone have any idea why this happens? Would appreciate any help as I've been trying for days now

Tv - Samauns LE46C750
Gfx - Saphire Hd6450
Powerdvd 11 (latest build, no updates available when I try)
Highspees hdmi 1.4 Ethernet cables going directly to tv
Windows 7 x64 (dualcore 2.8 & 4gb ram)

I believe to my knowledge I have hardware capable of playing 3D bluray @1080p and hopefully it's just a driver/setting issue?

Thanks for any help..
Go to: