Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I have two new features to recommend.

1) Provide 3D playback support for the older field sequential 3D discs such as HAUNTED CASTLE and ENCOUNTERS IN THE THIRD DIMENSION. On the 3D settings screen where you can designate the original format of the source material (such as 2D), add a button for "Field Sequential (HQFS) 3D disc".

2) Refine the interface between PowerDVD and Windows Media Center by allowing any TV signal that is being displayed using Media Center to be accessed by PowerDVD. This feature would allow the PowerDVD 2D-to-3D feature to be applied to the streaming video. I realize that the 2D-to-3D feature can be used with a stored video file (.wtv extension), but this is only currently possible after the video file is closed. The beauty of this feature is that you could then have 2D-to-3D conversion of a live TV signal without having the hardware in the TV itself.
I'm puzzled to hear that you are having a problem. When I start a Blu-ray I have the usual "Previous" and "Next" buttons available and enabled at the bottom of the screen and I use the "Next" button to skip over each trailer.
I finally resolved the problems with PowerDVD 11 described in my previous posting. A clean install of the just-released Nvidia 275.27 beta driver did the trick. I will admit that the 2D-to-3D conversion is a noticeable improvement over PowerDVD 10, and I thought that conversion was very impressive.

I shall now resume enjoying my home theater PC and have no intention of installing anything else (until Cyberlink releases the Blu-ray 2D-to-3D conversion, and then I'll get on the merry-go-round again).

Thanks for the information about the patch. As I said, since things are now working, I'm leaving my PC alone.
I was and still am a big fan of PowerDVD 10. I have had no problems with it (that I couldn't resolve) and have been very impressed with the TrueTheater 2D-to-3D conversion. When I read several reviews saying that this feature had been improved considerably in the new version, I didn't hesitate -- I immediately purchased and installed PowerDVD 11.

Big mistake. So far the only thing PowerDVD 11 does for me is crash Windows 7. Before that happens, my monitor shuts off.

When 3D is enabled, I get a bizarre effect on my display. It's as if half of the 3D image appears in full-screen mode and the other half appears in a resized window in the upper-left corner of my screen. The two halves display in alternating sequence, creating an unwatchable flickering mess. This light show displays for a second or two before my monitor gets turned off, presumably by Windows 7 as a protection mechanism.

I have a custom-built HTPC with a 2.9Ghz processor and an nVidia GTX460, 1G DDR5, i.e. plenty of horsepower.

Two months ago I switched monitors. I went from a Mitsubishi 65" model 737 to a 73" model 738. This change, which I foolishly expected to take five minutes to accomplish, wound up taking many hours to implement because my old 65" set was 3D-ready but my new 73" set was 3D (i.e. no adapter/converter needed on HDMI 1.4 sources). I had to install nVidia 3DTV Play in order to get PowerDVD 10 back in working order, and 3D Vision (which only supports 3D-ready sets) was disabled.

I have a gut feeling about the source of my problem. I suspect that PowerDVD 11 was tested with 3D Vision but not 3DTV Play. I say this because when I installed PowerDVD 11 it caused a change in my monitor settings on reboot. Display switched from 1080P24 (supported by 3DTV Play) to 1080P60 (supported by 3D Vision but not 3DTV Play).

I used system restore to go back to PowerDVD 10, but I'm not a happy camper. I hope Cyberlink gets this new version going fairly soon. In the meantime, I now have a fancy new way to turn off my TV without the remote.
Go to: