Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Alright, thanks.
I fail to see how this "info" list can provide any relevant information for the resolution of this problem.

And the fact you cannot reproduce the problem on your platforms as you already stated twice does not mean the problem isn't there either, what will change in your tests with the "info" list, I would really like to know that.

This issue is of the program's and not of the computer's - why is a "disable screensaver during playback" option not included in the product like it is in so many media programs?

Thanks.

Hello and thanks for your response.

Both Full Screen and Window Mode produce the same effect.

File Playback (did not try Disk).

What do you mean with the "is PowerDVD in Focus"? I have it full screen and nothing else running if that's what you mean - still in order to not get the screensaver I a) have to disable the screensaver or b) have to launch VLC -> mute it and then PowerDVD can play without screensaver interruptions because of VLC.

Any suggestions?
Excuse me but are you suggesting to remove the program without reinstalling it or I did I miss something?

And there is no PCM Service running nor with P.C.M. initials.

*My problem is that the ScreenSaver is starting when I playback videos / movies etc. something that does not happen with other players like VLC.

Any other ideas?

EDIT: And there is no PCM entry for startup programs.
So what gives; is there a fix for this or do I have to disable my screensaver every time I want to watch something?

I tried to reinstall the program, but nothing changed.

Any solutions / ideas?

Windows 7 x64 HP - PDVD v2329

Thanks.
Well I wouldn't say I really have an issue, more like advice for adjustments.

Wierd that after so many days not one official from CyberLink has replied this.
There are no official or non-official responses regarding these matters? No one can help me out and point me to quality procedures?

Thanks.
Hello everyone,

I've been recently searching over the internet regarding how to set up PowerDVD onto having the best quality output results. Unfortunately the information is vast and I am unable to make up my mind, thus I need to ask here, the experts.

I will start with some specifications of my system:

-Windows 7 x64 HP SP1

-2x Nvidia GTX 295 (EVGA OC Quad SLI)

-Intel Core i7 Processor Extreme Edition (975 Quad)

-Standard computer monitor – soon to connect the computer with a Sony Bravia, but I mostly use the monitor.

If more specs are needed regarding my questions, please let me know. Now I would like to ask the following:

1. TrueTheatre gives me better (or it seems so) visual quality over NVIDIA Pure Video (Hardware Acceleration), which would actually give me the best results?

2. TrueTheatre supports “TrueTheatre HD & NVIDIA Cuda” assuming I have them both enabled, which is the best “sharpness” level? I see the picture getting jaggy the sharper I move the slide. In addition to the above, is the PowerDVD sharpening effect conflicting with the NVIDIA’s panel “Adjust video image settings”? Should I have NVIDIA’s “Edge enhancement” and “Noise reduction” disabled?

3. In general, assuming TrueTheatre is the best for me or the one I prefer, which options conclude to the best results? E.g. should I use “TrueTheatre Lightning”? And at what level? Should I use the intergraded “Noise Reduction PowerDVD has? Are there any other options I should tweak to enhance my results?

4. A specific problem I’ve been having is with de-interlacing, there are numerous inaccurate, outdated, or personal opinion oriented posts regarding this matter. I fail to understand what the best option to use is. More specifically; should my de-interlacing method be “Based on flags or bitstream analysis?” maybe I should click the option “Always perform de-interlacing?”

In addition, what algorithm options I should use? Hardware or Smart? I believe hardware is the best option to use (I am not certain though), but I see some methods properly named and others in GUID values. I do not understand why this is happening but as far as I was informed via Google there is no double frame de-interlacing (like yadiff 2x) so which one is the “best”?

-/-

Excuse my wall of text, but I would like to get the best out of the product, please note that I usually play video files (1080p – 720p) such as YouTube files or downloaded videos from other websites that are almost like a Blu-Ray in terms of quality (e.g. .mkv files).

Thanks for taking your time reading this; I hope someone can help me out!
Go to: