Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
ScreenSaver starts during playback
Fabulist [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 05, 2011 09:37 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
So what gives; is there a fix for this or do I have to disable my screensaver every time I want to watch something?

I tried to reinstall the program, but nothing changed.

Any solutions / ideas?

Windows 7 x64 HP - PDVD v2329

Thanks.
nayan007 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Dec 05, 2011 22:50 Messages: 52 Offline
[Post New]
Please try anyone of the methods :-

Method 1: Turn off the PCMService.exe program

Open System Configuration. To do this in Windows XP, click Start, click Run, type msconfig, and then click OK.

To open System Configuration in Windows Vista, click Start
the Start button
, type System Configuration in the Start Search box, and then click System Configuration in the Programs list.

User Access Control permission
If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow.
On the Startup tab, click to clear the PCMService startup item check box.
Click Apply, and then click Close.
When you are prompted to restart the computer, click Restart.

Back to the top
Method 2: Remove the PowerDVD software

Open Add or Remove Programs. To do this in Windows XP, click Start, click Run, type appwiz.cpl, and then click OK.

To open Add or Remove Programs in Windows Vista, click Start
the Start button
, type Add or Remove Programs in the Start Search box, and then click Add or Remove Programs in the Programs list.

User Access Control permission
If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow.
In the list of currently installed programs, click PowerDVD.
Click the Change/Remove button, and then follow the steps that appear on the screen to remove the program. !! Love Cyber-Link !!
Fabulist [Avatar]
[Post New]
Excuse me but are you suggesting to remove the program without reinstalling it or I did I miss something?

And there is no PCM Service running nor with P.C.M. initials.

*My problem is that the ScreenSaver is starting when I playback videos / movies etc. something that does not happen with other players like VLC.

Any other ideas?

EDIT: And there is no PCM entry for startup programs.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 11. 2011 05:31

CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Fabulist,

I can notreproduce the issue on my platforms - can you please check and provide more info:

- full screen or window mode
- File or Disc playback
- is PowerDVD in focus?
- more info: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/16915.page

thanks and br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
Fabulist [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hello and thanks for your response.

Both Full Screen and Window Mode produce the same effect.

File Playback (did not try Disk).

What do you mean with the "is PowerDVD in Focus"? I have it full screen and nothing else running if that's what you mean - still in order to not get the screensaver I a) have to disable the screensaver or b) have to launch VLC -> mute it and then PowerDVD can play without screensaver interruptions because of VLC.

Any suggestions?
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Fabulist,

without more info I can not say anything - on my systems the Screensaver will not activate

Please check the must have read thread
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/16915.page

greetings

Werde Facebook Fan
Fabulist [Avatar]
[Post New]
I fail to see how this "info" list can provide any relevant information for the resolution of this problem.

And the fact you cannot reproduce the problem on your platforms as you already stated twice does not mean the problem isn't there either, what will change in your tests with the "info" list, I would really like to know that.

This issue is of the program's and not of the computer's - why is a "disable screensaver during playback" option not included in the product like it is in so many media programs?

Thanks.

[Post New]
Hi,

as the issue seems to be visible only on your platform the asked information are needed to setup an environment that is similar to yours.

I suggest that you contact the technical support about your issue.

greetings

Werde Facebook Fan
Fabulist [Avatar]
[Post New]
Alright, thanks.
rajan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 12, 2011 07:19 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks, I also stuck on this problem

[Post New]
Hi,
please post the required information and check the must have read thread:

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/16915.page

BR

Werde Facebook Fan
jason [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 17, 2009 02:04 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I am having the same problem with my screensaver starting and also the PC will go to sleep. Power DVD is in full screen mode.
[Post New]
Hello,

please check the PowerDVD 11 must have read thread before posting

NOTICE: until now we were not able to reproduce this issue, so your cooperation and more information is very welcome

Werde Facebook Fan