Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
yes
Check your cameras book. Make sure the settings on the camera are in the position to transmit in hd. Once you get the settings right the program will recognize the camera.
Not fix the problem. Check the web site to see if your camera model is listed.
Hope this helps.

I had problems in the beginning until I had all of the settings right.
Have upi added or deleted chapters. if so need to reset to orig footage in order for the audio to sync
Hi Michael

Check your timeline and see if you have added a color board or inserted
an image at the beginning before you inserted the clip to the time line.
Removing the color board etc resets the time line.

This has been my experience.

Jim D
Hi Michael

Check your timeline and see if you have added a color board or inserted
an image at the beginning before you inserted the clip to the time line.
Removing the color board etc resets the time line.

This has been my experience.

Jim D
I reduced the resolution to 1024 x 768, still same.

Attach is the Diagnostic File. I hope it attached. If not received let me know.

Video Driver has been updated.

I have one 30GB, 10k rpm HD sata that all of the system and program files are stored.

I use two SATAs 7200 rpm tied together for my data files.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your help

Jim D
USA

I have upgraded from Power Director V5 to V6.
When I capture from my camcorder in 1080i mode and move the clip to the timeline, on playback the video hangs or jerks. The audio plays ok. It appears when the video hangs and starts back it is in sync with the audio. This action repeats about every 4 to 5 sec.

I have on my computer:

PD version 6.00.2319

Windows XP Pro Ser Pack 2

Dual Xeons 2.8 with 2.00 GB Ram

HD 600 GB

Camcorder Sony HDR-Hc1

The file type captured with the camcorder is an MPEG-2, 9.67 GB File
Video Bitrate 24.92
Resolution 1440x1080
Frame rate 29.97 FPS
Aspect Ratio 16.9

The timeline is set to 16.9

Video card, Radeon X1600 with 512 MB of memory and the driver is current.

I have defrag the HD, deleted PowerDirector IAW the instructions on the site and reinstalled with all undates.

I have tried playback in the low resolution mode also.

When I used V5 and captured from the camcorder, I did not have this problem; but I understand that the program did not capture in 1080 mode; but reduced the resolution.

I also trimed the file down to about 3 min, still the same.

When I go to the file in my computer and click on the .pds folder, the file
shows to be 19.2 kb.

I have produced this file in the sony 1080 mode and playback is the same.

I produced the file with reduced resolution to 720p and on playback the produced file played ok.

I record all my videos in the 1080i mode to playback to a HD 1080i tv. I would like to continue recording in the 1080i mode.

Any suggests or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Jim D

If Dafydd reads this, I would appreciate a pm about login to SeeMyWorldOnVideo. My password does not work.
When you open the dvd. What do you see. If there is more than one vob
file, the sound may be on one of the other files on the dvd. Can you not import the dvd complete? It depends on the format they used when copying the 8mm film.

Jim D
I live in the USA, Oklahoma no less. I enjoy reading the postings from other countries and the language that is spoken in different parts of the world.

I wish all of you a Happy and Prosperous New Year.

Jim D
I echo Dafydd reply. I waited for a while before upgrading.

To my amazement v6 loads faster than v5. I've only used v6 for about 2 weeks, lots of improvements that I wanted. Well worth the upgrade.

Jim D
Check your instruction book. There is a setting in the camera that has to be set. I believe the 1080 function has to be turned off in order to capture to pd5. I had the same problem.

Jim D
I upgraded from v4 to v5 and had problems. Tech Support replied that all of the transits etc would not work with v5. I did get the program to load; but all of the information was not there and had to redo the file.

Jim D
I was having the same problem and I installed 2 gb ram which solved most of the hang ups.

Jim D
Go to: