Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
recognizeing my camera
VtHawk [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Vermont Joined: Apr 21, 2013 11:47 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
When I click on the Capture button, my dv camera is not recognized in the icons. The only one that lights up is the DVD camcorder icon. Any suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong? It has always worked in the past. Thank you to all who might be helping me.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: When I click on the Capture button, my dv camera is not recognized in the icons. The only one that lights up is the DVD camcorder icon. Any suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong? It has always worked in the past.

Is your camera connected via Firewire?

Did you install the driver software for your camera?

You may use your camera's software to import the video from the camera to the computer hard drive.
If you do use the camera software, in Powerdirector, you use the Import function to bring in the video from the hard drive.

Just a Guess.
I do not own a DV camera.

My camera is a HD Camera that uses a SDHC card, I use a card reader to read the camera memory card.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

[Post New]
Check your cameras book. Make sure the settings on the camera are in the position to transmit in hd. Once you get the settings right the program will recognize the camera.
Not fix the problem. Check the web site to see if your camera model is listed.
Hope this helps.

I had problems in the beginning until I had all of the settings right.
Fenman
Senior Contributor Location: Cambridge, UK Joined: Nov 24, 2011 04:44 Messages: 731 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: It has always worked in the past.

Just to clarify, do you mean it has worked previously in Powerdirector? Regards,
Mike

Home-build system:
Intel Core i5 Quad Core 3.3GHz, 2 x 4GB DDR3 1333MHz,
Asus Nvidia GT440 1GB, 2 x Western Digital WD10EARS 1TB, 1 x Seagate ST1000DM010 1TB,
Windows 7 Prof 64-bit, PD 9 Ultra 64, PD 13 Ultimate 64
[Post New]
yes
Fenman
Senior Contributor Location: Cambridge, UK Joined: Nov 24, 2011 04:44 Messages: 731 Offline
[Post New]
Sorry JIMDH, my question wasn't directed at you. I was asking VtHawk about that because he/she didn't make it clear and might have been capturing using other software. In order to make an informed guess it would be useful to know a bit about the specs of the system. If he/she has been successfully capturing in PD and it's now no longer working then something in the installation has clearly changed. It would be interesting to know if the camera shows up in Device Manager after it's connected and powered up, also if he/she has installed any new software or performed any updates, including auto-updates, of Operating System, Power Director and/or any other installed software since the last time it worked. Regards,
Mike

Home-build system:
Intel Core i5 Quad Core 3.3GHz, 2 x 4GB DDR3 1333MHz,
Asus Nvidia GT440 1GB, 2 x Western Digital WD10EARS 1TB, 1 x Seagate ST1000DM010 1TB,
Windows 7 Prof 64-bit, PD 9 Ultra 64, PD 13 Ultimate 64