Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power Director 6 does not open v 4 pds file correctly
Andrew [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 18, 2007 10:55 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I just upgraded to v6 and when I load a pds file created in v4 Power Director, it loads the media files but not the story line. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a fix for this? I spent many hours creating using v4 and v6 does not open these correctly.. help.
[Post New]
I upgraded from v4 to v5 and had problems. Tech Support replied that all of the transits etc would not work with v5. I did get the program to load; but all of the information was not there and had to redo the file.

Jim D
Andrew [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 18, 2007 10:55 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Jim Thanks for the quick response. I was worried about that. The upgrade to 6 now will require me to redo all of the videos created in v4. That is too much work. I hope Technical at Cyberlink have another alternative. Anyone else experience the same problem? I can't believe that the versions are not compatible.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

PD4 saved pds files may not be opened by PD6 - the structure of PD6 is different from PD4...so you're unlikely to be able to do what you want.

A pds file just stores locations of files for placement of display data in PowerDirector. The pds file created by one version should only be opened in that version. It is not backwards compatible.

Dafydd