Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I'm asking for a refund on this broken software after reading that last post.

I've had it with support asking me to do completely stupid things to fix their problems. The last response was to use 60hz. Yes, I'm sure that will fix PDVD 11 from hanging with AMD drivers in Classic mode.

But I have NO use what so ever if the regular remotes aren't going to work in Cinema mode. But do work in Classic. Which I admit, I doubt the response is correct, based on how useless their responses to me have been.

I think they should just take PDVD 10 and put a 11 on it.

Just curious, why do you want to order something that don't work yet ?

Yeah, I agree. I need to check on when I purchased PDVD 11, and see if I can get a refund. I'm sure they know all about not working right with AMD drivers, no remote in Cinema mode, ect. or hope they do. Yet all I received by email is asking for things that has nothing to do with the actual problems.

I guess that's what I get for actually buying it.
Well, glad at least they have some known issues posted. They still ask me to do silly things if I contact them.

But, if any of you are using AMD drivers then you should be able to get it to start up by right clicking on the powerdvd exe file, and set compatibility to windows 7. Well, that works for me to get it going but don't work in Cinema mode.

I don't have any starting problem when using Intel drivers.

But PDVD would start up in Cinema mode for me with AMD, but had to get it in that mode before trying to play anything.

PDVD 11 appears to be buggy overall though.
I read somewhere that changing the compatibility mode in powerdvd 11 to windows 7 stops the freezing and black screens, when using classic mode and AMD drivers.

It actually does work, but make no sense why, except that PDVD 11 has a problem of course. Anyway, at least can use it until they patch this buggy software. Unsure what it does to Cinema mode though, but remotes don't work with that anyway for now.
In my case it appears that its some kind of conflict with ATI card/drivers. Which is odd since I assumed more people use them for HD bitstreaming audio than anything else. So I wonder what they tested this on.

Anyway, I enabled the graphics on my Clarksdale i3 Intel board and Powerdvd 11 works ok with the Intel drivers and realtek Hd audio. It loads fine in classic or cinema mode but of course the remote don't work in cinema.

So I then switched back to the ATI 5450 graphics and drivers and as happens sometimes, PDVD 11 worked in classic the first time. But soon as I tried loading the second time it froze like always. I seems to me something is staying loaded and once that happens it won't ever run again. I use ATI graphics because of 24p not working correctly with Intel.

I doubt telling this to support would do much good, might tell me to install the latest drivers again. I think I've been told that about 10 times now. I called them again today and did get the email. I'll respond to it but what they said do is a waste of time.
Well, I called by phone and talk to someone yesterday. They were suppose to send me a email with "basic Troubleshooting", even though the odds of that helping is about zero. But I assume it would ask for whatever details they wanted.

The only problem is I never got a email and that was over 12 hours ago. Yet I get all the automatic emails just fine. So I did a ticket on that and the problem. Didn't hear anything back from that yet either.

I will say one thing for the program, its cause me to screw up my system I think from trying so many different things. I'm going to disable the ATI card and try the Intel built in graphics again when I have time later tonight. It has to be in the program though, because Cinema mode wants to work, but classic don't. But the remote won't work in Cinema mode as many people have said.
I have the same problem. There is no way I'm going to try and list all the things I've tried. In the classic mode except on maybe 1 out of 50 times, it just a black screen that hangs the computer up.

Also might get loading blu-ray and bar slows down until gets 99% and nothing else happens. I purchased Powerdvd 11 for the cinema mode to work correctly. But with powerdvd 10 and other versions, never had a problem like this.

But what I do know after wasting a lot of time trying to figure it out, and since I been working on and playing with computers quite many years, is it appears to be something to with the actual HD audio drivers.

I have a Intel Clarksdale i3 but use a AMD 5450 graphics card. Also, what is ever more weird is Cinema mode works, well, mostly works, it appears powerdvd 11 is rather buggy. But as someone has mention, my remote control will not work FF, RR, play, ECT. Which almost makes it not usable.

So, what I tried was taking the actual HD drivers out, either the one built into AMD drivers or realtek. When I do that blu-ray will play in Classic mode but of course has no sound.

I've wasted quite a bit of time on this, will have to ask for refund it not fixed soon. And yes, I know this isn't really the right place to look for help.

Go to: