Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Problem with Blu-ray disc
Gn78 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 26, 2011 05:01 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi.
The trial version of Power Dvd 11 doesn't play Blu-ray discs.
When i incert the disc and push the play button the disc spins for a while and doesn't play the movie.
Look at the pic below.(Blank screen)

Power dvd 10 plays perfect without a problem my bluray movies.
This is strange.
I also download the Cyberlink advissor and didn't find the problem.
I think is something wrong with AMD Radeon 6990 and catalyst 11.4 preview.
My specs:i7 975,AMD RADEON 6990,HD WD VELOCIRAPTOR 600GB,LG HL20 BLURAY PLAYER,Corsair 6gb,GIGABYTE x58,Vista 64.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 26. 2011 08:10

CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

please check this thread and provide more info - this issue seems related to your platform and is no general issue:

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/16915.page

Please install latest release drivers

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
bloodx [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 25, 2011 00:07 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same problem. There is no way I'm going to try and list all the things I've tried. In the classic mode except on maybe 1 out of 50 times, it just a black screen that hangs the computer up.

Also might get loading blu-ray and bar slows down until gets 99% and nothing else happens. I purchased Powerdvd 11 for the cinema mode to work correctly. But with powerdvd 10 and other versions, never had a problem like this.

But what I do know after wasting a lot of time trying to figure it out, and since I been working on and playing with computers quite many years, is it appears to be something to with the actual HD audio drivers.

I have a Intel Clarksdale i3 but use a AMD 5450 graphics card. Also, what is ever more weird is Cinema mode works, well, mostly works, it appears powerdvd 11 is rather buggy. But as someone has mention, my remote control will not work FF, RR, play, ECT. Which almost makes it not usable.

So, what I tried was taking the actual HD drivers out, either the one built into AMD drivers or realtek. When I do that blu-ray will play in Classic mode but of course has no sound.

I've wasted quite a bit of time on this, will have to ask for refund it not fixed soon. And yes, I know this isn't really the right place to look for help.

CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
please provide more information - we need those info to build up an similar system to make sure to reproduce it

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/16915.page

BR
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
bloodx [Avatar]
[Post New]
Well, I called by phone and talk to someone yesterday. They were suppose to send me a email with "basic Troubleshooting", even though the odds of that helping is about zero. But I assume it would ask for whatever details they wanted.

The only problem is I never got a email and that was over 12 hours ago. Yet I get all the automatic emails just fine. So I did a ticket on that and the problem. Didn't hear anything back from that yet either.

I will say one thing for the program, its cause me to screw up my system I think from trying so many different things. I'm going to disable the ATI card and try the Intel built in graphics again when I have time later tonight. It has to be in the program though, because Cinema mode wants to work, but classic don't. But the remote won't work in Cinema mode as many people have said.
Ferruccio [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 27, 2011 14:49 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Same problems on a notebook Acer aspire 8942G, Intel i7-720QM , 6Gb ram, ATI Mobilty Radeon HD 5850.
I see people with this problem own an AMD video card.
Bud B [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Rochester NY Joined: Apr 03, 2010 14:30 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all,
For the short time that I had PDVD 11 and when I was on with support, they had me put in a Blu-Ray disc
to check out the "More Functions" Icon and the screen went grey exactly as GN78's did.
I had to right click on the task Bar and then click on "Task Manager" and I had to "End" the non responding PDVD 11.

I think that Cyberlink did not "Beta" this Software program long enough!
I have never had any Cyberlink Software Program lock my computer and I had to resort to Task Manager to shut it down.
Not Good CyberLink....
When all of the Forum Posts are Problems with PDVD 11 and not praise for a New & Improved PowerDVD,
That should tell you something!

Take care,
Bud B PD9 64 Bit - Win7 Home Premium 64 Bit SP1
Quad Core CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz - 6GB RAM
Video Card: XFX Radeon HD 5770
Panasonic: TM-700 shooting @ 1080P - 5.1 Audio
bloodx [Avatar]
[Post New]
In my case it appears that its some kind of conflict with ATI card/drivers. Which is odd since I assumed more people use them for HD bitstreaming audio than anything else. So I wonder what they tested this on.

Anyway, I enabled the graphics on my Clarksdale i3 Intel board and Powerdvd 11 works ok with the Intel drivers and realtek Hd audio. It loads fine in classic or cinema mode but of course the remote don't work in cinema.

So I then switched back to the ATI 5450 graphics and drivers and as happens sometimes, PDVD 11 worked in classic the first time. But soon as I tried loading the second time it froze like always. I seems to me something is staying loaded and once that happens it won't ever run again. I use ATI graphics because of 24p not working correctly with Intel.

I doubt telling this to support would do much good, might tell me to install the latest drivers again. I think I've been told that about 10 times now. I called them again today and did get the email. I'll respond to it but what they said do is a waste of time.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 28. 2011 00:36

bloodx [Avatar]
[Post New]
I read somewhere that changing the compatibility mode in powerdvd 11 to windows 7 stops the freezing and black screens, when using classic mode and AMD drivers.

It actually does work, but make no sense why, except that PDVD 11 has a problem of course. Anyway, at least can use it until they patch this buggy software. Unsure what it does to Cinema mode though, but remotes don't work with that anyway for now.