Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Glad to have found others that are having the same issue... I would probably have spent hours trying to find a solution, but decided to check here first. Also glad to hear that it's being worked on.

I can also confirm this happens in my installation of PowerDVD 13. I came from PowerDVD 10 which resumed playback properly no matter what kind of disc I was playing (DVD or BD). I also use PowerDVD 9 on another system and likewise resume playback function works fine on that version as well (also independent of what type of disc is playing).
Quote: I've tried every check box including deselecting the ones that say "Automatically connect to the internet for product information" and I still get the little popup "Upgrade" ads.

From my first post.

So, ya... no luck with that one.
This is getting quite annoying. I purchased PowerDVD 10 Ultra a while back because that's all I needed was a DVD/Bluray player for my computer. However, every 2 weeks or so (maybe more, maybe less, maybe randomly) when I start PowerDVD, I get a little popup in the bottom right corner asking me to "Upgrade to Media Suite 9" or something. I've tried every check box including deselecting the ones that say "Automatically connect to the internet for product information" and I still get the little popup "Upgrade" ads. I've even tried clicking on the upgrade symbol in the upper corner of the title bar (in hopes of fooling it into thinking I took the bait), but it states there's no upgrades currently.

I realize you're a business and you would like to inform users of other products they might be interested in. But please I ask you only to step into my shoes for a second. I shelled out good money to purchase PowerDVD 10 Ultra (not Standard, not even Deluxe, but Ultra)... be happy with that. That's all I need and all I can afford. I do not need to know every week or 2 that I should "Upgrade to Media Suite 9" because it has "12 different media applications" or whatever the little ad thing says.

So, that said, is there a way to turn off the popup "Upgrade Now" ads? If not, there certainly should be.... at least I would hope this gets fixed in an update or a future version.
Go to: