Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
To add to my previous post, I've also seen streams listed as English even when they aren't. For example when listing an audio stream with 'mul' (indicating multiple languages as specified under ISO 639-2).
I have the same problem. I think it's because programs like MKVMerge will not explicitly set values where they equal the default to save a little bit of disk space.

As shown in the specification (http://www.matroska.org/technical/specs/index.html) the default value for language is 'eng' so any track without a language specified should be treated as English, but it looks like PowerDVD incorrectly labels these tracks as "Invariant" instead.
+1 for support of FLAC audio streams.
The big advantage is that unlike other supported lossless formats like Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio, FLAC is freely available to anyone. I'd really like to convert my ripped Blu Rays that have uncompressed PCM over to FLAC.
Quote:
Quote: The ability to totally disable subtitles.

Or to change the colour/font of subtitles.

Cyberlink sold that as a major feature of the current version, but just happened to forget somehow to tell people that it didn't work with Blu-ray or DVD, only ripped copies converted to formats like AVI. Kinda misleading of them.
I'm not sure how they could do that though, since on disc subs are raster bitmaps. I suppose some trickery could allow something like hue shifting, which would work on already coloured subtitles, but that still wouldn't help with white subtitles.
The ability to play FLAC audio tracks embedded in a video would be nice.
Go to: