Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
HDedit, & Dafydd Bevan - SoftDeko

I downloaded the brand new patch into my computer. It would not install into my computer since it would not recognize the trial version of PD9. It actually said that I needed to have PD9 on my computer inorder to install the update.

Meanwhile, I cleaned up my computer and produced another .pds file. I burned it only to see the usual audio spots out of sync.

I then split this new production version into 3 segments, produced all three which took no time at all. I then imported them into the create disk section and burned the to disk. The final version which played automatically, has many improved audio sync areas, which I was glad to see. I think there is just 1 or 2 spots which are barely noticeable. Having them joined in the final creation of disks was something I would not have thought to do. I was unaware that PD9 could do that. It took half the time to produce and burn to disk using this method. The new simple blue menu created was also nice with the 3 chapters thumbnails on it, but I did not like the fact that CYBERLINK POWER DIRECTOR 9 TRIAL was written in subtitles on the top of all three project files. I could not get rid of the subtitle on the thumbnail as the titles were transitional. I can't even give you a snapshot of that workspace as my trial version has expired.

In any case, I do appreciate all the help that both of you have given me. The suggestions and trouble shooting were very helpful and educational. I will go ahead and buy the PD9, (in box form) now that I am aware of this feature of importing project files and that they can be spliced together.

I do wish there were more Menu pages available that could be downloaded from Director Zone. That is why I did not make chapters on the original versions of my produced project.

I have completed my project as best I believe I can now. Thanks again. :D
I only have 2 days left. I will go ahead and produce the 5 segments and bring back into PD to create a disk. I did produce another production MPEG-2 of what I edited with new titles pages. The audio was still not in sync. Here's hoping it gets produced with audio in sync in segments and can be pieced together.

Some more questions:
If I shorten the video and image clip durations, do you think the entire long project might have a better chance to get produced with audio and video joined in sync?

Did you notice in the snapshots, that I have some WAV audio files on the track for voice overs (microphone symbol) instead of regular audio (speaker). For some reason, when I tried to put the WAV files on the second audio track, the audio line moved and in the Mixing room, the number of speakers showed it was not in stereo. Could putting the WAV files on the wrong tracks cause the out of sync voice overs?

HDedit

I only have PD9 trial version that is expiring in 2 days. You think I should buy the update?
Dafydd,
I could not find anything out of sync when I segmented the pds into 5 portions. I even made sure my screen viewed in HD so I can check the mouths. I am currently cleaning up my computer since the program has been whiting out when I tell it to do too much when I was editing the Master pds file. I changed the Birthday transitional titles that I downloaded from the Cyberlink site so the titles would only fade in and out. I thought maybe the transitions were causing the audio to go ahead of the video because when I was reviewing the production, it would be at these points that it would get stuck and hesitate moving forward. The audio would play but the screen would be black. Then it would skip forward fast to catch up. So do you think these transitional titles are causing the glitch?

I also tried to do some of the things FredB told me to do to improve the performance of my computer.
Fred,

I am cleaning up my old temp files. I downloaded the Nvidia driver only to be told that it could not install because it is not compatible to my computer. As far as the updated drivers for my audio, they were checked online and were said to be the most recent. So until someone comes up with a better sound driver, I am at the same point.

I hesitate to buy this PD9 if I can't get over the out of sync audio. I have used many video editing programs in the past and have never had this problem. Of course it was years ago using a desktop and also the old programs and Windows 95 but some of the techniques are the same. My past DVD's were even longer than this one, and I can't get over the fact the audio is out of sync.

I am not one to quit without a good try, so I will plug on.
Thanks for the suggestions Fred. I will try to do all the things you suggest. Do you suggest defragmenting or just clean up disk? Where do you suggest I find the updated sound drivers? My computer has in the last couple productions just yesterday started to go white and stop at times so I have to End Task.

I am at the end of the trial period, spending most of it trying to figure out this problem.
Yes, I saw that sliver of a media file when I was replacing the converted WAV audio files on the timeline. I did delete it. I produced the corrected pds and was hoping that the changes would solve the problem but I found that it is still out of sync.

I will create the 5 pds files and divide into quarters and then stretch to localize the problem. I'll let you know if I find anything.
Here are the remaining 2 parts of the Timeline. Snapshot 12 is the suspected problem area. At the beginning of the clip there is a slight change in audio but where the blue line is, the audio is very noticeably out of sync.

I hope this helps in your evaluation. If you need more info or if the snapshots are not clear enough, please let me know.

I will let you know how the new production turns out.

I am a bit more anxious to get this resolved since I am using the trial version for this event, I am just about at the end of my trial period. I would hate to start this all from scatch.
Here are snapshots of the next 3 parts of Timeline.
Attached are the Title page, and 2 of 7 parts of my Timeline.
Here is my Screen shot of obscured images, Audio and Video. This has been a real education for me. Learning how to use 2 other software programs just to get this info to you. Thanks for being patient with me.

I have worked on converting the M4a files to WAV and have replaced them on my Edit Workspace. I will produce and check out the results. My timeline will follow.
I hope this helps. I will try to figure out Hypersnap to get you the screenshot of Edit workspace. Individual file extensions?
Hope this will help. I will try to get the screen shots if it is not too difficult.
Thanks for jumping in there, any help is greatly appreciated.

Sorry but I do not understand what a screen shot of my Edit workspace is. I can tell you I have 2 VOB files /MPEG-2 , about 120 jpeg images, and have 2 audio tracks (m4a) in use that overlay the only video/audio track. The DVD lasts 32 mins long. There are active Titles that have various effects on them but fade out as the titles page does.
Does this help?

The audio and video appear to occur about 2/3 way into the production. So I am assuming that something happens at that point.

I am using a Vista OS. You do not mention that in your write up of creating a Diagnostic File. Is it closer to Win7 or does it have it's own instructions on how to create a diagnostic file? Vista OS is always seems to have separate problems.
Good suggestion but I just checked all 4 of my produced videos: 2 MPEG-4 files and 2 MPEG-2 files and found out they are all out of sync. So... I cannot use them to burn yet another out of sync DVD.

Although I created chapters, I decided NOT to use Menus since I did not like the menus available and could not import background colors to create my own menu pages. So my video plays automatically when inserted into DVD players.

The version that seem to play smoothly is in the original edit file format, before I produce it. The transitional titles, audio and video all run smoothly. Once I produce it, the audio and video are out of sync. I just can't understand why this would happen. I have never had this problem and I have used other video editing programs and created about 5 long family videos.

This time I did use more transitional titles that have movement and fade in text for the separations. They all run smoothly but do you think these may be the cause of the audio running earlier than the video. If I delete these titles or change them to background colors with plain text, do you think the audio and video may stay in sync?

I guess that is worth a try but it makes the DVD very bland and downgrades the version to old school! Any other suggestions?
I am sorry I am not sure what you mean by 3rd party burner such as ImgBurn. Do you mean someone else's DVD burner?

I did burn to folder, so I need to transfer the file to someone else's computer and then burn it there? They also need the PD9 software, correct? Please explain.
After I produced the video, I went back to edit to check the accuracy and the produced files runs well and synced. It is only on the DVD that the audio does not sync with the video. That is why I cannot correct it in the edit portion because everything seems accurate there.
I just disabled both the shadow files and the hardware acceleration on the Preferences. I then produced MPEG-2 version. I created/ burned the DVD and just watched it. The audio is still out of sync with the video. Can you think of any other reason why it is producing out of sync and the remedy to correct it. Appreciate if anyone might be able to help with this.
Thanks for your fast reply.

I disabled the Hardware acceleration. I cannot find anything in the General section that has to do with Shadow files. Can you explain again where to find that?
I am not new to PowerDirector and have made many DVD's using various video editing software. I used previous version of PD years ago.

When using PD 9 Trial, I produced a DVD (Mpeg-4) and the audio was out of sync with the video. However, my audio is earlier than the video. It happened halfway through the finished product making all clips afterward, out of sync.

In my actual timeline, when I view the clip, audio is synced correctly with video. Should I also unlink the video and audio even though they are synced in the preview and then link them again?

It seems that somewhere in production process, the audio and video were unlinked, even though I locked the tracks before I started to produce it. Is anyone else experiencing this? Any suggestions for the fix?
Go to: