Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Audio out of sync after producing
Dbl10s [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 01, 2011 17:03 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
Here is my Screen shot of obscured images, Audio and Video. This has been a real education for me. Learning how to use 2 other software programs just to get this info to you. Thanks for being patient with me.

I have worked on converting the M4a files to WAV and have replaced them on my Edit Workspace. I will produce and check out the results. My timeline will follow.
 Filename
Dbl10sVIDEO Snap10.bmp
[Disk]
 Description
Video clips
 Filesize
1269 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
129 time(s)
 Filename
Dbl10sAUDIOSnap2.bmp
[Disk]
 Description
Audio clips
 Filesize
1066 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
142 time(s)
 Filename
Dbl10sIMAGE Snap1.bmp
[Disk]
 Description
Images
 Filesize
5590 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
125 time(s)
Dbl10s [Avatar]
[Post New]
Attached are the Title page, and 2 of 7 parts of my Timeline.
 Filename
Dbl10sTITLE Snap11.bmp
[Disk]
 Description
Titles
 Filesize
1272 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
119 time(s)
 Filename
Dbl10sTimelineB Snap4.bmp
[Disk]
 Description
Timeline Part B
 Filesize
1274 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
132 time(s)
 Filename
Dbl10sTimelineA Snap3.bmp
[Disk]
 Description
Timeline Part A
 Filesize
1274 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
118 time(s)
Dbl10s [Avatar]
[Post New]
Here are snapshots of the next 3 parts of Timeline.
 Filename
Dbl10sTimelineD Snap6.bmp
[Disk]
 Description
Timeline Part D
 Filesize
1274 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
113 time(s)
 Filename
Dbl10sTimelineE Snap7.bmp
[Disk]
 Description
Timeline Part E
 Filesize
1274 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
143 time(s)
 Filename
Dbl10sTimelineC Snap5.bmp
[Disk]
 Description
Timeline Part C
 Filesize
1274 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
117 time(s)
Dbl10s [Avatar]
[Post New]
Here are the remaining 2 parts of the Timeline. Snapshot 12 is the suspected problem area. At the beginning of the clip there is a slight change in audio but where the blue line is, the audio is very noticeably out of sync.

I hope this helps in your evaluation. If you need more info or if the snapshots are not clear enough, please let me know.

I will let you know how the new production turns out.

I am a bit more anxious to get this resolved since I am using the trial version for this event, I am just about at the end of my trial period. I would hate to start this all from scatch.
 Filename
Dbl10sProblemAreaSnap12.bmp
[Disk]
 Description
Suspected Problem Area on Timeline
 Filesize
1545 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
125 time(s)
 Filename
Dbl10sTimelineG Snap9.bmp
[Disk]
 Description
Timeline Part G
 Filesize
1274 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
117 time(s)
 Filename
Dbl10sTimelineF Snap8.bmp
[Disk]
 Description
Timeline Part F
 Filesize
1274 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
124 time(s)
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
In Snap 4 right in the middle of the third track you have a left over media file - that single small line. Stretch out the track and eliminate it.

Issue: I cant see anything here - you need to stretch out the track - watch and listen to where it exactly goes out of sync.

Save one "master pds" file.
Create 4 more saved pds files.
Open one and reduce your project to one quarter - repeat so you have each pds covering a quarter part of the project.
Now use this process and see if any part is out of sync.

1. You're attempting to localise a point.
2. you could if you wish Produce all quarters and bring the finished video back into PD to create a disc.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 07. 2011 12:28

Dbl10s [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yes, I saw that sliver of a media file when I was replacing the converted WAV audio files on the timeline. I did delete it. I produced the corrected pds and was hoping that the changes would solve the problem but I found that it is still out of sync.

I will create the 5 pds files and divide into quarters and then stretch to localize the problem. I'll let you know if I find anything.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 07. 2011 15:47

[Post New]
Dbl10s;
PD9 has been struggling with Audio sync problems on some platforms and using some formats. Not sure yet whether this applies to you. Having said that:

1. The video card for your laptop is marginal, having only 495 MEGS of dedicated memory. To optimize this card and maximize it's effectiviness, please, update your video driver to the most recent release ( 266.58 )
http://www.nvidia.com/object/notebook-win7-winvista-266.58-whql-driver.html

2. Your sound drivers also need updated...they are almost 4 years old and much has changed since then regarding sound/audio processing.

3. There is insufficient space available on your C:drive. Clean this up, as you do not have enough space available to handle processing of the files with PD9.

4. Have you installed the 2504 patch??

These four things should be done before you test further, as they impact DIRECTLY the ability to resolve the problems..

Fred

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Mar 07. 2011 19:03

Dbl10s [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the suggestions Fred. I will try to do all the things you suggest. Do you suggest defragmenting or just clean up disk? Where do you suggest I find the updated sound drivers? My computer has in the last couple productions just yesterday started to go white and stop at times so I have to End Task.

I am at the end of the trial period, spending most of it trying to figure out this problem.
[Post New]
Dbl10s;

Don't let the trial end. Buy it, and make sure to install the newest patch (2702 released today), now! Might fix a bunch of things.

Sound drivers are hard to find. Maybe someone here can jump-in and help you locate them. That DXDIAG really helps get people assisting.

Try cleaning all the old temp files , etc. using diskcleanup first...empty the recycle bin, etc. Just free up some space.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 08. 2011 09:23

Dbl10s [Avatar]
[Post New]
Fred,

I am cleaning up my old temp files. I downloaded the Nvidia driver only to be told that it could not install because it is not compatible to my computer. As far as the updated drivers for my audio, they were checked online and were said to be the most recent. So until someone comes up with a better sound driver, I am at the same point.

I hesitate to buy this PD9 if I can't get over the out of sync audio. I have used many video editing programs in the past and have never had this problem. Of course it was years ago using a desktop and also the old programs and Windows 95 but some of the techniques are the same. My past DVD's were even longer than this one, and I can't get over the fact the audio is out of sync.

I am not one to quit without a good try, so I will plug on.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 08. 2011 14:00

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
I will create the 5 pds files and divide into quarters and then stretch to localize the problem. I'll let you know if I find anything.

How did you get on with the above task?
thanks
Dafydd
Dbl10s [Avatar]
[Post New]
Dafydd,
I could not find anything out of sync when I segmented the pds into 5 portions. I even made sure my screen viewed in HD so I can check the mouths. I am currently cleaning up my computer since the program has been whiting out when I tell it to do too much when I was editing the Master pds file. I changed the Birthday transitional titles that I downloaded from the Cyberlink site so the titles would only fade in and out. I thought maybe the transitions were causing the audio to go ahead of the video because when I was reviewing the production, it would be at these points that it would get stuck and hesitate moving forward. The audio would play but the screen would be black. Then it would skip forward fast to catch up. So do you think these transitional titles are causing the glitch?

I also tried to do some of the things FredB told me to do to improve the performance of my computer.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 08. 2011 14:08

All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
A new update has been released for PD9. Suggest that it be applied before continuing any more troubleshooting. Win 10, i7
Dbl10s [Avatar]
[Post New]
HDedit

I only have PD9 trial version that is expiring in 2 days. You think I should buy the update?
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
It's available on the support web page. Win 10, i7
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Produce to a finish video format
Bring them all back into PD
Create to disc

What happens?

The white out experience is indicative of a system struggling to function and the cause can be a good number of reasons.
Transitions - just an additional point of stress for your computer.
How long have you left on the trial?

Thanks
Dafydd

Dbl10s [Avatar]
[Post New]
I only have 2 days left. I will go ahead and produce the 5 segments and bring back into PD to create a disk. I did produce another production MPEG-2 of what I edited with new titles pages. The audio was still not in sync. Here's hoping it gets produced with audio in sync in segments and can be pieced together.

Some more questions:
If I shorten the video and image clip durations, do you think the entire long project might have a better chance to get produced with audio and video joined in sync?

Did you notice in the snapshots, that I have some WAV audio files on the track for voice overs (microphone symbol) instead of regular audio (speaker). For some reason, when I tried to put the WAV files on the second audio track, the audio line moved and in the Mixing room, the number of speakers showed it was not in stereo. Could putting the WAV files on the wrong tracks cause the out of sync voice overs?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 08. 2011 17:37

Dbl10s [Avatar]
[Post New]
HDedit, & Dafydd Bevan - SoftDeko

I downloaded the brand new patch into my computer. It would not install into my computer since it would not recognize the trial version of PD9. It actually said that I needed to have PD9 on my computer inorder to install the update.

Meanwhile, I cleaned up my computer and produced another .pds file. I burned it only to see the usual audio spots out of sync.

I then split this new production version into 3 segments, produced all three which took no time at all. I then imported them into the create disk section and burned the to disk. The final version which played automatically, has many improved audio sync areas, which I was glad to see. I think there is just 1 or 2 spots which are barely noticeable. Having them joined in the final creation of disks was something I would not have thought to do. I was unaware that PD9 could do that. It took half the time to produce and burn to disk using this method. The new simple blue menu created was also nice with the 3 chapters thumbnails on it, but I did not like the fact that CYBERLINK POWER DIRECTOR 9 TRIAL was written in subtitles on the top of all three project files. I could not get rid of the subtitle on the thumbnail as the titles were transitional. I can't even give you a snapshot of that workspace as my trial version has expired.

In any case, I do appreciate all the help that both of you have given me. The suggestions and trouble shooting were very helpful and educational. I will go ahead and buy the PD9, (in box form) now that I am aware of this feature of importing project files and that they can be spliced together.

I do wish there were more Menu pages available that could be downloaded from Director Zone. That is why I did not make chapters on the original versions of my produced project.

I have completed my project as best I believe I can now. Thanks again. :D