Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thank you Dafydd,

My laptop is relatively new and until using PowerDirector it has performed without a hitch. I use other programs that require similar resources such as Photoshop, Sketchup Pro, and AutoCAD and had no problems at all.

I think I might just try and find a simpler program. I just do not have the time to try and find the Techie you refer too. I'm not being cynical but my experiences with so called experts over the last few years has been disappointing and expensive. Shame really because I was beginning to think that I could have found a hobby I might enjoy. I still cannot believe I'm the only one who has had this problem.

Many thanks once again for your kind response.

Regards,
Andrew3599
Hi Augie,

Thanks for the quick response.

Already tried disabling Hardware Acceleration. I have 4GB Ram and video card that more than complies with Cyberlink minimum requirements. Also over 1GB free hard disk space and I said, the problem occurs with the small pre-installed clip 'Nature.mpg' so its not a hard drive limit nor is it limited to my footage.

Perhaps it could be PowerDirector 9 but I am still thinking it is a basic setup problem.

Keep my fingers crossed someone has had the same problem and knows what I am doing wrong.

Thanks again.

Regards,
Andrew3599
Dear All,

I am tired and very frustrated. I am trying to get started with video editing but constantly finding problems.

My main problem is that I insert an .avi file into 'Media Room' (previously captured and saved on a second hard drive). I drag the file onto the Timeline and when I click the play button in the preview window all I get is a green screen but with the soundtrack. This also happens with the short Cyberlink clip called 'Nature.mpg' so its not just my video.

I have tried contacting Cyberlink but did not get a very helpful response I'm afraid.

I have a feeling that it is not a problem with PowerDirector 9 but my laptop setup. I have made sure both video and sound drivers are up to date. I am running Windows Vista, AMD Turionx2, 4GB Ram.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards
Andrew3599

Thank you once again.

You have given me few things to try.

Regards

Andrew
Thank you for such a speedy reply.

Folders not a problem. I just want the download file to be split into the separate clips as I recorded them. For example. I filmed 6 times on one day and a further 13 the next and 9 a week later. A total of 28 separate clips.

I am not sure how to capture my video (to file) so that when I load it from the downloaded file I see 28 clips rather than one file. Like I said I tried scenes but this split up my recording into too many small chunks when all I wanted was the original 28 short recordings.

Sorry if I'm rambling. I'm sure it is a very simple capture setting but not sure which one.

Many Thanks
Hi,
Suspect my question has been asked before.

Anyway here goes. I have a lot of Mini DV footage to download for editing. Can anyone tell me the settings for capturing the video in the chunks as recorded on my video camera. I need the video as recorded in stop start sections on my camera.

I have tried downloading the whole video and then using scenes which resulted in 300+ clips.

Sorry if this is a stupid question. I have read the manual. There seems lots of options but just not sure.

Many thanks

Andrew
Go to: