Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Beginner Help Please
Andrew3599 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Somerset UK Joined: Feb 05, 2011 06:20 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
Suspect my question has been asked before.

Anyway here goes. I have a lot of Mini DV footage to download for editing. Can anyone tell me the settings for capturing the video in the chunks as recorded on my video camera. I need the video as recorded in stop start sections on my camera.

I have tried downloading the whole video and then using scenes which resulted in 300+ clips.

Sorry if this is a stupid question. I have read the manual. There seems lots of options but just not sure.

Many thanks

Andrew
Dickflyfisherman [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: May 29, 2008 09:34 Messages: 197 Offline
[Post New]
Andrew: I have never had any issues with the download folder option, the trick is to find the right folder to download, when you pull up your storage drive
Andrew3599 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you for such a speedy reply.

Folders not a problem. I just want the download file to be split into the separate clips as I recorded them. For example. I filmed 6 times on one day and a further 13 the next and 9 a week later. A total of 28 separate clips.

I am not sure how to capture my video (to file) so that when I load it from the downloaded file I see 28 clips rather than one file. Like I said I tried scenes but this split up my recording into too many small chunks when all I wanted was the original 28 short recordings.

Sorry if I'm rambling. I'm sure it is a very simple capture setting but not sure which one.

Many Thanks
Robert2 S
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2009 05:57 Messages: 1461 Offline
[Post New]
I don't know about capture because I don't use it. You could just drop the one file on the time line and split it into at any point you want into 28 separate clips My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
Dickflyfisherman [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: May 29, 2008 09:34 Messages: 197 Offline
[Post New]
Did you try the download file?

when I download a video from a drive which is an assortment of clips usually just identified by a date, the video is seperated into individual clips as were shot my my camera, JVC Eviro and loaded into the library at the top of the PD page.

I opened the USB storage drive

clicked on a file/date and all clips were seperated and loaded into the library using the folder function

you can rearrange the clips by date once the are loaded into your library, my clips are always seperated by date in my storage drive, are yours seperated by date it seems not?

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Feb 05. 2011 09:33

Andrew3599 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you once again.

You have given me few things to try.

Regards

Andrew