Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I didn't wait.

I went to arcsoft and bought totalmedia theater 5. Does everything it says and more. The download is smaller and the installation a breeze.

So put your complaint on this board to warn other potential buyers.
http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/cyberlink-c196483.html

Ask your credit card provider for a charge back of the money from cyberlink digital river or whatever.

If they gave us a simple download of a full version with excuses for the delay and or the non sence answers, then everything was ok. But no they send you up the river with no pedal and a lot of sticky tape to fill the holes.

I never ever had such a bad experience with a software provider. And i read that they remove your account if you complain, wel lets see if they remove this mail.

Good luck 2 u all, i'm gone going to watch a 3d movie with software that works....
At least you've got a response that made any sence.

I have the same problem, bought an upgrade from 9 to10 but it wouldn't install. It removed the installed 9 version and left me with a cripled machine.

The answer i've got from support (after two weeks) was that i can't upgrade powerdvd 7 to 10 ??????

So now i'm stuck with no powerdvd 9 and an upgrade that i can not install.

I've got some feedback on a forum message but no answer.

You've got an answer that looks like the solution to my problem, but again it doesn't seem to work either.

I think they should give us a new installable version of powerdvd10 without the hassle they put us trough.

'So i've a proposal for cyberlink.

Give us a new downloadable (not an upgrade) version of powerdvd 10 ultra so whe can remove the old powerdvd 9 and install a (fresh) version of 10. I think that all the problems would be solved and don't put your customers through a lot of hassle and enoying procedures.

It's the only way to solve this upgrade problem and the only right way to keep the customer happy.

I hope that after almost a month of emails and forums i finaly can watch my 3d blue ray's
Yes i don't see the activation screen. The firewall and antivirus i use are both from microsoft.
Firewall intern windows
Anti virus Microsoft security essentials.

I hope this helps.
Thanx for the reply

There is no error message.

The update looks like it's installing, it removes powerdvd 9 (except for the shared files dir) and finishis normaly with no error.There is no installation dir or icon for powerdvd 10.

The update i've ordered is the update that powerdvd9 pointed me to from within the program. (I used the upgrade button)

According to my invoice the software i downloaded is:
Upgrade to PowerDVD 10 Ultra 3D from 8/9 Ultra (Download version)
The name of the file i downloaded is:
PowerDVD10_UltraUpgrade_fromUltra_1830_DVD100611-07.exe

Other info i've got.

Powerdvd came preinstalled with the Asus 2400 xvt i bought.
It runs Windows 7 64 bit
There are other cyberlink programs preinstalled(eeecam and eeecinema)
With regards,

Rob
I bought a new Asus and it came with Powerdvd 9
The information from powerdvd 9 gave the folowing serial:
PowerDVD 9 Version 9.0.3608.51
SR Number DVD101203-01

In the openingscreen of powerdvd there was a upgrade button voor version 10. I eagerly bought the upgrade but when it ran it removed powerdvd 9 (except for the shared folders) but didn't install version 10.

After posting a message to customer service i got ananswer (after one week) give us all the info. I did and after two weeks they came up with the lame solution that i've powerdvd 7 and you can not upgrade to 10 ?????

The software on the Asus says Powerdvd 9, the serial says 9, the upgrade button says 9, where did they come up with a version 7????

So i should buy a full version and everything is solved, refund that i have to settle with the reseller ????

I think i'm going crazy, is this customer service??? Did anyone else had the same problem?

I thought Powerdvd was i nice product and i'm all about upgrades but this is a rip off. First sell the upgrade (that doesn't work) than sell the full product.

I hope anyone has an answer that can help me,because i don't going to buy a extra full version.
Go to: