Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
[solved] PLEASE READ ALL IF YOU CAN HELP - Looking for help with my customer service!!!
Samoedaddy69 [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 24, 2010 20:29 Messages: 93 Offline
[Post New]
I submitted a ticket on Jan 19 and still do not have my issue resolved. They gave me a solution, but it didnt work and I am waiting for a response back. This is very disturbing by the complaints that I see and then I am experiencing them myself. I have invested hundreds of dollars in there software and upgrades. I love there software, I have never seen any better. But I am looking for some help.

My problem is that I did an update to my Power DVD 10 ultra and since that update my software would not respond. So I uninstalled and tried to reinstall. Well I had difficulty trying to get it to work. My Ver 10 was an upgrade from 9 and cant get them to work. So I submitted a ticket and they responded with new downloads of ver 9 and ver 10. This is what they told me to do:

Dear Kevin,

Thank you for contacting CyberLink Technical Support.

I understand that you are unable to download and install the PowerDVD 10 Ultra software.

In regard to your concern, I would like to inform you that I am providing you the full version of the PowerDVD 9 Deluxe (build: 1501) of upgrade version of the PowerDVD 10 Ultra software.

I suggest you to download the CyberLink Cleaner tool from the link given below and then try to uninstall and reinstall the PowerDVD software:

Download the CL cleaner file from the below given link:

[removed]

When prompted, save the file on the desktop of computer. After download is complete, run the file and restart your computer.

1) Please follow the link given below to download and install the full retail version of the PowerDVD 9 Deluxe software:

PowerDVD 9 Deluxe (build:1501) (Size: 201 MB)

http://isales.gocyberlink.com/download/CS_Dept/PowerDVD/PowerDVD9_Deluxe.1501D_DVD090205-04_R2_Retail.exe

User Name: PowerDVD
Password : xxxxxxx

Note: Password valid duration is 2011/1/24 ~ 2011/1/30 23:59 Hrs PST. I would suggest you to download the software before 2011/1/30 23:59 Hrs PST.

CD-key : DDR8M-xxxxx-B9LAJ-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx

Once you have installed, open the PowerDVD 9 software and activate it.

2) After installing the PowerDVD 9 Deluxe software, I suggest you to download the CyberLink Cleaner tool from the link given below and then try to uninstall and reinstall the PowerDVD software:

Download the CL cleaner file from the below given link:

ftp://154:JG9NGAJQ@ftp.gocyberlink.com/new/CLCleaner-PowerDVD10.0.zip

When prompted, save the file on the desktop of computer. After download is complete, run the file and restart your computer.

Kindly right click on the under mentioned link and select "Open in new window" or "Save as" and then enter the following username and password:

PDVD 10 Mark II Ultra 3D Upgrade Build (Upgrade from Deluxe) (build:1830)

http://isales.gocyberlink.com/download/CS_Dept/PowerDVD/CyberLink.1830_DVD100611-06.exe

User Name: PowerDVD
Password : xxxxxxx

Note: Password valid duration is 2011/1/24 ~ 2011/1/30 23:59 Hrs PST. I would suggest you to download the software before 2011/1/30 23:59 Hrs PST.

CD-key : UU9PG-Jxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxxx

Once you have installed, open the PowerDVD 10 software and activate it.

Note:

- Kindly do not run any internet applications while downloading PowerDVD installation file.

- Disable any spyware software installed on your computer and set the "Privacy" settings to low by going to Tools --> Internet Options --> Privacy tab after launching Internet Explorer.

- The username, password and the CD Key are case sensitive and should be entered exactly as they are provided to you.

Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification or for any assistance related to CyberLink Products. Use the below mentioned link to get back to us for your further queries:

http://www.CyberLink.com/english/cs/support/form/index.jsp

Thanks and Regards

Zubair

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Feb 12. 2011 09:06

Samoedaddy69 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I did exactly what they said and it gives me an error saying that I have to have a retail version 8 or above to work. So I responded back and after a few days I get this response:

Dear Kevin,

I understand that you are unable to download and install the PowerDVD 10 Ultra software.

In regard to your concern, I would like to inform you that there is no need to enter the CD key of PowerDVD 9 Deluxe after installing the software.

Please install PowerDVD 9 Deluxe then install the upgrade to PowerDVD 10 Mark II Ultra 3D software and then enter the CD key of PowerDVD 10 Ultra to activate the software.

Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification or for any assistance related to CyberLink Products. Use the below mentioned link to get back to us for your further queries:

Thanks and Regards

Zubair

CyberLink Technical Support
Samoedaddy69 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Well this was my repsonse:

Well I have tried this new way twice and I get this error

Unable to install the upgrade.
Your system must have the retail version 8.0 of Cyberlink PowerDVD or above installed. The setup will abort.

I have installed the PowerDVD 9 twice and ran the PowerDVD10 twice and both times same error. I uninstalled each time. Both downloads are from your links. Is there not a way to have just the PowerDVD 10 only?

PLEASE HELP!!
Samoedaddy69 [Avatar]
[Post New]
This is the response that I got back:

I understand that you are unable to install the PowerDVD 10 Ultra software and getting an error message.

In regard to your issue, I regret to say that I am unable to verify the version and the build number of CyberLink software you are using so kindly provide us the SR number of the software so that I can provide you further assistance.

Please provide us the SR number of Cyberlink software. SR number can be found inside "info.ini" file on the installation disc. Like:

This is the info.ini file:
[Build_Info]
SR_No=CDS050311-04

OR

Please visit the link given below for more details about finding the SR Number:

http://www.cyberlink.com/multi/support/answerbox.jsp?FID=2615&ProdVerId=0

Also please send us the snapshot of the error screen with full desktop. I will look at the screen capture, analyze and send you a solution or provide more information.

To take a screen shot, please press Print Screen key on your keyboard when this error comes. Then go to Start>Programs>Accessories>Paint. Paste the screen capture there by pressing Ctrl+V or alt+Edit+Paste. Save the file and send to us for analysis. Please send us the screen shot file in the ".Jpeg" format.

Use the below mentioned link to get back to us for immediate response for your further queries.

Thanks and Regards

Zubair

CyberLink Technical Support
Samoedaddy69 [Avatar]
[Post New]
To which I responded, cause I am upset and dont understand. This is not a difficult thing. It is pretty cut and dry:

I dont understand, are you not able to read the rest of this ticket to understand the issue. Also if you looked up my information about all the products that I have purchased it would say the information you are stating.
The issue I have is I have PowerDVD 10 Ultra and did one of your updates. When I did that it messed up the software. So I uninstalled it and am unable to reinstall as the software I have is not working. I am looking to reinstall my Power DVD.
Can you please read the other submissions, I feel like I am starting over with this issue.
Samoedaddy69 [Avatar]
[Post New]
All I am wanting to do is to get this software to work.

IS THERE ANY MOD IN HERE THAT CAN HELP PLEASE!!!

I love this software, but dont understand the Tech Support!!
Samoedaddy69 [Avatar]
[Post New]
nobody reading this can offer any help or advice?
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
this is a forum and no online chat - so you can not expect that you get an instant solution.

Please try:
1. uninstall all PDVD Version and user the cleaner tools provided by support
1.1 manually delete all PowerDVD x folders in the program folders after this
2. install the v9 provided by Support and activate with the key you got from support
3. install the PDVD 10 you bought and activate with your KEY

Br
Michael

Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
Samoedaddy69 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you Michael, I will try it again. I have uninstalled two or three time. I didnt delete the folders, but will try that. I realize this is a forum, but I am just frustrated cause it doesnt seem like anyone is paying attention to my support ticket. It takes days to get a response, then when you do, it doesnt even make sense. It is like they didnt even read my question or the response from the previous post. So then I wait days again. It gets frustrating cause I am waiting literally weeks for what seems to be a simple solution to me.
Samoedaddy69 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I recieved a response. I will try this when I get home. Thank you.
Samoedaddy69 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Well I tried the response that they gave me. It was the same thing as the previous one. It had the identical results as the previous time. So now I have to wait more days before I hear anything. Very, Very, Very, Very frustrating. I just dont understand it at all.
rruiten [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 18, 2011 18:10 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
At least you've got a response that made any sence.

I have the same problem, bought an upgrade from 9 to10 but it wouldn't install. It removed the installed 9 version and left me with a cripled machine.

The answer i've got from support (after two weeks) was that i can't upgrade powerdvd 7 to 10 ??????

So now i'm stuck with no powerdvd 9 and an upgrade that i can not install.

I've got some feedback on a forum message but no answer.

You've got an answer that looks like the solution to my problem, but again it doesn't seem to work either.

I think they should give us a new installable version of powerdvd10 without the hassle they put us trough.

'So i've a proposal for cyberlink.

Give us a new downloadable (not an upgrade) version of powerdvd 10 ultra so whe can remove the old powerdvd 9 and install a (fresh) version of 10. I think that all the problems would be solved and don't put your customers through a lot of hassle and enoying procedures.

It's the only way to solve this upgrade problem and the only right way to keep the customer happy.

I hope that after almost a month of emails and forums i finaly can watch my 3d blue ray's
Samoedaddy69 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Amen to the single download
xwray [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 31, 2010 00:17 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
Don't hold your breath. Perhaps Cyberlink is better at solving broken software technical problems but as far as getting the software activated in the first place if you run into that problem, good luck with that. I'm still witing after three weeks to give me a working code for my legitimate software...perhaps they just don't care. <Smith & Wesson...the original point and click interface>
Samoedaddy69 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yeah, I started my ticket on Jan 19 and have yet to solve the issue. As much as I hate to say it, cause I really love there software, I dont think they care.
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
of course CyberLink cares!

If you think you need a new key - please have a look into this posting:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/15683.page

BR
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
xwray [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 31, 2010 00:17 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi,

BR
Michael

I have.

They haven't.

I'm sorry but taking this long to provide keys for legitimately purchased retail software is unacceptable. This is not a case of investigating a broken system but rather a case of issuing a key to get it to work in the first place. No way this should take days or weeks when it should be taking minutes or hours instaead. If their activation system can't handle that, then they should get a new activation system. I own several software packages that utilize online activations and the couple of times I have had an issue, it was solved within minutes of the vendor being notified.

<Smith & Wesson...the original point and click interface>
Samoedaddy69 [Avatar]
[Post New]
This is why I am frustrated. Cause the answers dont make sense. It would make sense if I was using a Key Code I already had. But these are key codes that are specifically giving to me for this case. I have never seen or used them myself. This is also what frustrates me is that they dont seem to actually read the ticket. I am done exactly what they have told me. Twice in a row they game me the identical solution, with the exact same results. This is what I dont understand.

It is really hard to believe that they care, when the solutions that they have given me dont even work. This very last time I responded, I submitted screen shots of my steps to physically show them.

I have twice been told to download the cleaning software for Power DVD 9 and 10. I have been giving istructions to download Power DVD software 9 and 10. All thru you ftp site with user names an passwords. THey have given me the key codes to enter and instructions on how to install them. I have done that and IT DOES NOT WORK. THE KEY CODE IS EITHER INCORRECT or after installing the Power DVD 9 that they give me, I then try to install the Power DVD 10 (that they give me) and it tells me that I need a retail version version 8 or above. Right after I just installed Ver 9.

What makes it even more frustrating is it is like they dont even read the previous post. It is like they just ignore the steps we have already taken to solve the problem and start over. All the while there is a 3 or 4 day lull between responses. Thus I am working on the same simple issue of trying to install Power DVD 10 ultra.

I work for OpenTable call center and this would never fly. It is one thing to have a customer who is completely computer illiterate, but I am not that way.

It actually seems like that whoever responds doesn't either know what they are doing or dont read the problem that I am asking.

So now it has been 17 days and counting to simply assist me in installing Power DVD 10 Ultra, that I have paid for. I have upgraded every version since probably 6 and also bought the TrueTHeater software and PowerDirector 9.

Am I wrong here to ask for a sensible solution that makes sense and works.

That is all I am asking for. If I have tried TWICE the solution they have given me. Neither of them worked. They were the identical solution also.

I dont want trouble, I just want to be able to enjoy the software that I love and will continue to upgrade and purchase. But it makes it difficult to want to continue buying, if when I look for Tech Support it takes more than a month for a simple solution.
I posted the exact text from service ticket so that anyone or Michael can read and maybe help me out.
Samoedaddy69 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: Hi,

BR
Michael

I have.

They haven't.

I'm sorry but taking this long to provide keys for legitimately purchased retail software is unacceptable. This is not a case of investigating a broken system but rather a case of issuing a key to get it to work in the first place. No way this should take days or weeks when it should be taking minutes or hours instaead. If their activation system can't handle that, then they should get a new activation system. I own several software packages that utilize online activations and the couple of times I have had an issue, it was solved within minutes of the vendor being notified.

Exactly!! IT doesnt not make sense. And now we live in fear of being totally just cut off because we are not being help. This isnt a made up story. I posted there response. And I can post the screenshots I took of the issue.
rruiten [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 18, 2011 18:10 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I didn't wait.

I went to arcsoft and bought totalmedia theater 5. Does everything it says and more. The download is smaller and the installation a breeze.

So put your complaint on this board to warn other potential buyers.
http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/cyberlink-c196483.html

Ask your credit card provider for a charge back of the money from cyberlink digital river or whatever.

If they gave us a simple download of a full version with excuses for the delay and or the non sence answers, then everything was ok. But no they send you up the river with no pedal and a lot of sticky tape to fill the holes.

I never ever had such a bad experience with a software provider. And i read that they remove your account if you complain, wel lets see if they remove this mail.

Good luck 2 u all, i'm gone going to watch a 3d movie with software that works....