Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hah, just found it (motion path rotation) and did it in both PD8 and PD9, sorry about that everyone! Thanks Cranston.

You're right, you have to type in the number of degrees and press enter and it changes it for the duration of the whole motion.

But, if you choose the next keyframe (assuming you have 3, for example) and click "Duplicate Next Keyframe" from the double diamond + icon (which would be the last keyframe point in your timeline) you can effectively change the rotation to your liking, but it's a bit awkward to use, if initially.

I make picture slideshows (using the automatic picture slideshow feature) and make the last picture rotate and zoom to fill the entire screen, then stay there a few seconds longer, all in 1 object. I'm glad that feature stayed. I despise losing features in upgrades - that makes them downgrades, no matter what number it's called.

Yet the Duration of Transitions is sorely missed, still.
I almost forgot, the original JVC footage was recorded in 24Mbps mode, and I'm using PowerDirector 9 Ultra64, latest build 2504.

(As a work around, I spliced the short version that has all audio into the entire version that was missing the audio, which worked.)

So what do you think? ...SVRT-related issue?
Dafydd,

I'm not sure how much an original video sample (mts) will help as some of the audio tracks made it to the output and some didn't. Here is a short, unedited 7-second clip I'm uploading, though I didn't have any particular audio trouble with this one; the longer ones were too long to upload, 1:06, 188MB.

But you should know I made intermediate m2ts files, using SVRT as much as possible to reduce re-encoding, so those tracks in the previous screenshot have already been mixed and encoded from mts to m2ts, again using SVRT where possible.

The camera used for the original footage was a JVC Everio GZ-HM200 Dual SD High-Def Camcorder.

Thanks,
Marke
Actually, I found the opposite is true. PD9 does not have the rotation feature, to my disappointment, yet PD8 does. I have made a few projects with this feature in PD8 Ultra and now, trying to do it in PD9 Ultra64, the feature is missing and my workflow is crippled.

Why has this feature been removed? This and the "Duration" button when adding transitions were two of the most useful options. Removing them is a big step backwards.
Hello All,

I have a strange one for you. The attached picture is of a 22 minute project, all in m2ts 1080 HD, SVRT output 24Mbps.

The audio track circled in red is mute when I render the entire project (SVRT checked), yet the audio in the rest of the tracks is fine.

However, when I remove all highlighted items from the project and render only the 1st couple minutes, the audio in the circled track is in the output file, but this time SVRT is not available to be checked, but "Hardware video encoder" is.

I have not tried to render the entire project in Hardware video encoder to see if it's an SVRT issue. I don't have another hour tonight to test this, unfortunately, as it's already late.

Does anyone have any ideas what this could be, in any case? An SVRT or SVRT-related bug of some sort?

How do I let CyberLink programmers/testers know about this one?

Best,
Mark.
Yes, please bring back the duration button!!!!!!!!!!

There are many things to fix, please do not break good code.

The duration button is sorely needed back. Please prioritize this in the next update and soon!!!!

Please. Our workflow is frustrating without this feature!
I moved from PowerDirector 8 Ultra to PowerDirector 9 Ultra64 recently and was very disappointed to learn the "Duration" box where you can specify time and frame count in PD8 was replaced by a "Switch" box which is a shortcut to changing the transition you just took time to choose into a cross transition.

I'm baffled why this was done. It's relatively useless as it is now.

I use the duration box countless times to adjust duration between 5 frames, 15 frames, 1 second, and 2 seconds, but sometimes a fine adjustment of 3 frames, etc. is necessary. The GUI stretching is not nearly as fast or accurate, increasing the number of mouse movements and keystrokes.

Cyberlink programmers, PLEASE BRING BACK THE "DURATION" BOX!
Go to: