Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Duration of a transition
jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
Is there any better way of setting the duration of a transition than dragging its edges around? Jerry Schwartz
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
No __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
Nope....... which is crazy, it needs the right click, set duration back...... now I have to enlarge the cells so I can see it, than drag the ends..... asinine

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 25. 2010 16:19

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
You can set the default duration of your transitions in your preference settings...under the editing tab....default duration is 2 seconds....so if you intend on having all your transitions be the same duration...but you need it to be say 3 seconds instead...then this method would work. But if you need different durations in your project then you have to drag....which is not the most user friendly way to do this.

Preferences can be found at the top of your open PD9....it's the sprocket looking thing a ma jig.

But I have the same feelings about transitions that Bubba has....they are not behaving the way I would like them to.

Regrds,

Kevin

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Nov 25. 2010 21:04

Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
Marke [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 16, 2011 03:50 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
I moved from PowerDirector 8 Ultra to PowerDirector 9 Ultra64 recently and was very disappointed to learn the "Duration" box where you can specify time and frame count in PD8 was replaced by a "Switch" box which is a shortcut to changing the transition you just took time to choose into a cross transition.

I'm baffled why this was done. It's relatively useless as it is now.

I use the duration box countless times to adjust duration between 5 frames, 15 frames, 1 second, and 2 seconds, but sometimes a fine adjustment of 3 frames, etc. is necessary. The GUI stretching is not nearly as fast or accurate, increasing the number of mouse movements and keystrokes.

Cyberlink programmers, PLEASE BRING BACK THE "DURATION" BOX!