Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
When you click on the apply transition to all, you get 3 choices:
1) Prefix Transition: apply to the first clip
2) Postfix Transition: apply to the last clip
3) Cross Transition: apply between adjacent clips

What transition depends on what you select and which behavior should be what you specify as the default behavior in the preferences.

Apparently, some idiotic programmer(s) takes the word "Cross" in "Cross Transition" as being your selected transition with the "Cross" behavior always. This defeats the purpose of specifying the default behavior in the Preferences.

Cross Transition and Cross Behavior are TWO DIFFERENT things!

Yet, Cyberlink does not seem to recognize this idiotic mistake as evident by the above reply!
Thank you FredB.

Kevin, your trick is really clever indeed!

I still do not understand why I cannot shift-click to select ONLY the transitions on the time-line at once. Strangely enough, I can ctrl-click to select multiple transitions, one at a time. It looks like the GUI is only half-done in this case.

If one edits an old project and try to change all the fading transitions from CROSS to OVERLAY for example, the UNDO will not help. In this worst case scenario which I found myself in, there isn't any easy way to accomplish this without very tedious clicking each and every transition on the time-line.

Also, the 2 buttons that apply transitions to the entire track only allow CROSS-type transitions. This just does not make any sense. Even with Kevin's trick, there is really no way to apply OVERLAP fading transition to the entire track at once.

CROSS fading transition simply does not work well with Magic Motion as we all know.
The button that applies "fading transition to all" only allows CROSS transition. If there are many clips on the time-line in the case of a slide show, how does one apply OVERLAP transition to the entire track? YES, I can change from CROSS to OVERLAP but only one at a time. If you like OVERLAP like everyone else, this button is completely useless!

One more thing, how does one select multiple transitions on the time-line for removal at once? shift-click only selects the clips, not the transitions.
I cannot select all fade transitions on the time-line to remove so that I can apply a different kind of transition to all the clips. If I click the first transition and then shift-click the last transition, all the clips are selected instead of only the transitions. Anyone knows how to do this?
Go to: