Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hello!

Is the Mac version of PowerDirector only subscription-based? Is there any way to get a version that I pay for only once?

Thank you!

Patrick
Oh, I did see that. But I'm searching for your version of it. You had mentioned you were using an older version from 5/3/2011. All I see on the RealTek site is the latest driver. I want to see if the version you have would solve the problems I am having.
Thanks everyone for your help! I meant to respond sooner but another unexpected event kept me busy.

@Carl312 ... I don't see your audio driver on the RealTek website, I tried searching for it with the link you provided. Do you think it is no longer available?
By the way, does anyone recommend rolling back the audio drivers? Perhaps that would solve the audio problem on the timeline of audio dropping out from clip to clip.

The thing is, I usually have many audio clips for each project and opening each of them up in Wave Editor as has been suggested would be extremely time consuming, but thanks for the suggestion though!

According to the device manager, I have a AMD High Definition Audio Device dated 2/23/2012.

Anyone have any luck with an older driver for audio?

Thank you!
Sorry for the delay! Thank you very much for your responses. I will try the video and audio driver rollbacks soon and see if that fixes problems.

I really do appreciate the time you all have given to troubleshoot my issues!!!

Thanks!
Hello,

Thanks for your response. I did what you advised and attached are the nature file as a HQ MP4 and the ~5 second camera capture which is HQ MP4 as well.

Whenever the audio changes to another audio file in the timeline, I still have to frequently stop and then play in order to get the audio working. This has happened ever since I've updated from PowerDirector 9 to PowerDirector 10.
Hello,

I have PowerDirector Version 10.0.0.1703 (Ultra 64-bit).

I have included both 32 bit and 64 bit DxDiag files.

Ever since I updated to Version 10 from Version 9, I have been having problems and out of the blue, the rendered files have been a little pixelated.

Ever since I updated, the audio drops when going to another audio file on the timeline. I have to pause the playback and then press play again in order for it to come back on.

I used to use a certain output with version 9 of the program but now struggle to find one that looks good (MP4 High Quality in various itinerations based on suggestions around the web).

Does anyone notice incompatibity with the program when looking at the DxDiag files?

I did a fresh install of my operating system before updating to PD version 10. I made sure the drivers were updated as well.

I reinstalled version 9 of PowerDirector; so now both 9 and 10 are on the system. However, version 9 refuses to open projects created by version 10.

Oh, and I can no longer do hardware video encoding when producing a file. I get an error message: "Error Making Movie." Hardware video encoding wouldn't produce as good video quality from what I understand, so I've ignored it until now.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Hello,

I used to use PowerDirector 9 Ultra and uninstalled that to install PowerDirector 10 Ultra.

I was going through one of the projects in 10 that I made in version 9 and as I play the video, the audio keeps going out. This happens when transitioning to a new audio clip from a previous one. If I go back and select the audio clip that went out, it plays fine. Or if during an audio clip that the program doesn't play, if I click the spacebar (to pause playback) and then continue playing, the audio is fine.

It appears to be a rendering issue or something. It is very annoying.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Oh, I did turn off Hardware Acceleration and I do not create "shadow files" for the HD files I'm working with.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

UPDATE:

As I was writing this post on another computer, I took a break and went to the computer that has PowerDirector 10 on it. The program appeared to have quit. There was no error message however.

I do have the most up-to-date drivers.
Oh good! This is excellent, especially for a video editing program. Thanks for the update!
Thanks for your responses!

So, besides scene detection, being able to split a clip is not possible before inserting it in the timeline, correct?

It'd be useful to be able to select start and end points - using Preview - and then inserting that into the timeline.
I just submitted feedback for this feature to Cyberlink... But I would like to have "Undo" and "Redo"'s that describe the last action taken. I like to be able to check at times and also it gives me reassurance.

I hope that this is incorporated into the next version... this would definitely encourage me to upgrade.

I would also like to have a better "cut/copy and paste" solution when working in the timeline.

At times, copying or cutting a clip to paste in another area without interrupting the rest of the timeline sequence would be useful. I think it could be implemented so much better than it is now. Final Cut Pro handles this function very well from what I remember.

I have to resort to going to the end of the timeline and pasting the clip there and then moving it back to the new place. This is cumbersome because the timeline is oftentimes long and especially with short clips and the zoomed in timeline, the drag of a clip can take quite a while.
Does PowerDirector 9 allow one to insert only part of a clip into the timeline?
Support for batch manual capture / auto capture for the Canon HV 40 HDV camera - these options still remain grayed out despite my high system specifications, etc. The software does recognize the camcorder.

Built-in keyboard shortcuts for splitting a clip, etc. similar to Final Cut Pro.

Ability to insert portion of clip into timeline rather than entire clip.
Will I be fine with PowerDirector 9's preset settings with the AVCHD codec? Or do I need to make a custom profile a la Vimeo up above (see my posting above with the instructional video). This instructional video suggests using MPEG-4 and 720p.

I realize that PowerDirector allows direct upload to YouTube; but if I still want to manually upload it; do I use AVCHD and the default PowerDirector settings for this codec?

Thank you!
Thanks for your response.

What's the best Export in full 1280x1080 for YouTube?
Hello!

I have been using the instructions provided by Vimeo to upload video files to Vimeo. The general consensus is that with Vimeo, it's best to export at 1280x720.

Here is the video with the instructions. FYI, it is for PAL; so I just use 30 frames rather than 25 frames and the video is perfect. http://vimeo.com/24475126

Here are the settings used:

MPEG-4
Custom Profile

Video Tab:
1280x720
Average Bitrate: 6000 Kbps

Frame Type: Progressive
Entropy Coding: CABAC

Audio Tab:

Audio Compression: AAC
Audio Channel: Stereo
Audio Compression Rate: 384 Kbps

The produced file is great in terms of quality and size.

However, I would like to be able to successfully output a file in the full 1920x1080p format. I would like to stay with MPEG-4. I have tried outputting myself; but I'm curious as to what the best settings might be.

In the past, I have outputted full HD in the .MOV Quicktime format, which produces fantastic quality, but huge file size.

I'm basically looking to alter the above suggestions given by Vimeo to optimize the settings for full HD (1920x1080)

Any suggestions?

Thank you very much!

P.S.

Just in case this helps, I shoot at 24p; however, exporting at 24p just deteriorated the video, making it freeze up, etc. and so I used the 30 fps setting and that works perfectly.
Thanks for your responses, but I found the answer that prevents everything from getting out of sync.

I went to Edit, then selected Preferences and then went to the Editing section and there I selected the "Link all tracks" option.

Now, every track gets moved over as opposed to just the track the video or audio is pasted into.

I also can pull a clip (make it longer) and not have anything move out of place.
Thanks for the research! I appreciate it! Exporting at 1280x720 does create smaller files than 1920x1080 would and being a Basic member that allows me to upload more.

Thanks again for your helpful response! I really appreciate it because it clarifies the issue.
Hello,

I was thinking I would be exporting to WMV format for full HD quality movies using PowerDirector 9.

However, the webisode I am editing comes in at about 515mb.

I looked up tutorials on using PowerDirector 9 with Vimeo and came across this one:

http://vimeo.com/​24475126

But it's for PAL and the frame rate is set to be 25 frames per second.

I was wondering if someone would be willing to watch the video and make alterations that would work for NTSC video?

One thing the video mentions is to "make sure that 1280x720" is selected. Does this mean that I shouldn't select 1920x1080 even though my video goes up to this resolution?

When 1920x1080 is selected, the Average Bitrate becomes higher than that mentioned in the video (PowerDirector makes the bitrate range much higher: 13000 to 22500 as opposed to 6000 to 2250 when 1280x720 is selected).

I've tried exporting using MPEG-4, but often I end up with video that's hard to rewind and playback (on the computer).

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much!
A useful feature would be the ability to paste a clip (from another section of the timeline) without pushing the audio/footage track ahead of it.

Right now, if I paste for example audio that I've copied from another section of the timeline and I paste it, there's no option to prevent the clips which come afterwards in the track where it's been pasted from moving forward.

This means that everything has to manually be moved back and if I've already edited the movie, this becomes very frustrating.

Fixing audio is very much something that happens after a rough edit has been completed. This sometimes involves pasting audio into a track.

When pasting a clip I've copied (either video or audio), the program doesn't give me the option of choosing which track to paste it in; so I can't easily paste it in a new track either. (as an alternative to prevent the aforementioned problem).

Does anyone have any suggestions as a workaround or is this a problem that cannot be avoided? It really causes much delay when working to finalize rough edits.

Thank you!
Go to: