Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
A useful feature would be the ability to paste a clip (from another section of the timeline) without pushing the audio/footage track ahead of it.

Right now, if I paste for example audio that I've copied from another section of the timeline and I paste it, there's no option to prevent the clips which come afterwards in the track where it's been pasted from moving forward.

This means that everything has to manually be moved back and if I've already edited the movie, this becomes very frustrating.

Fixing audio is very much something that happens after a rough edit has been completed. This sometimes involves pasting audio into a track.

When pasting a clip I've copied (either video or audio), the program doesn't give me the option of choosing which track to paste it in; so I can't easily paste it in a new track either. (as an alternative to prevent the aforementioned problem).

Does anyone have any suggestions as a workaround or is this a problem that cannot be avoided? It really causes much delay when working to finalize rough edits.

Thank you!
My camera is recognized perfectly by PD9 and I am able to use regular capture. However, capturing using Windows Live Movie Maker made a file that was much easier to edit with - files captured with PD9 were jerky and not easy to edit.

I shouldn't be having issues since I have a dedicated editing system with powerful tools. -- Meaning, in my mind the editing should be smooth. So, I'm happy that using another program for capture has proved more successful.
I like the camera. It works well and I like tape-based devices. But I understand the allure of the card-based cameras.

I was interested in the manual batch capture because it would allow me to enter timecode start and end points for pieces of footage.

But it's not the worst thing. My guess is that the drivers that Cyberlink has right now for some reason do not support manual batch capture for HDV devices (my camera at least).

Hmmm... I did install Windows Live Movie Maker and what was interesting was that it captured the footage (recognized the camera) and the footage is actually not jittery or hard to edit when imported into PowerDirector. When I capture with PowerDirector, the editing is more difficult because it's not smooth. However, the produced product is always good.

I did a search and it seems to be common for people to use Windows Live Movie Maker for capture and PowerDirector to edit.

I haven't tried it out enough to see if there's a quality discrepancy however - perhaps Movie Maker produces files that don't look as good.
The batch capture options appear if I connect my older Canon Optura 30 (not HD format, miniDV). However, with my current camcorder, PowerDirector doesn't allow me access to this option (or to the auto-batch capture or DV Backup options).

My current camcorder is the Canon VIXIA HV40 HDV miniDV camcorder.

Can anyone suggest reasons why this is an issue?

All my drivers are updated so I know my computer is up to date. It is powerful too.

Thanks!
Hello,

I'm wondering why the options under "Capture Preferences" are all grayed out.

These options include: DV Backup, Manual batch capture, and automatic batch capture.

I'd like to try out the batch capture options but am not able to since those options are never made clickable for me.

Does anyone know why this might be?

My camera is a Canon VIXIA HV40 and the PowerDirector 9 software correctly detects it as such. It is HDV format. The recording setting is set to 24p and Cinema Mode.

The PowerDirector 9 software lists the "Profile" as "HDV format."

I'm able to do the basic capture (simply capturing the video as one clip) just fine.

If anyone knows why I wouldn't be getting these options, please let me know.

Also, if you need any more information, I would be more than happy to provide it!

Thank you!
Thank you so much Peter!

I did the following so that the program always starts up when I start up Windows 7:

Click on Start and then type: gpedit.msc
Click Enter

Doing so will open the "Group Policy Editor"

Now, on the left-side column, find where it says: "User Configuration"
Then, make sure the folder is expanded on the left side so you can see: "Windows Settings." If Windows Settings isn't expanded to show options below it, click on the plus arrow on the left side of Windows Settings.

You will see "Scripts (Logon/Logoff)" (still on the left-side column)

Click once on "Scripts (Logon/Logoff)."

Then you will see two items in the main window: "Logon" and "Logoff."

Double-click on Logon.

Then in the window that appears, click on "Add."

Now, you will see a window appear that has two places to enter information.

You will want to enter the pathname of the file you wish to have open at Windows startup where it says: "Script Name."

This pathname is wherever you've decided to save the PDSpeed.exe file.

I personally decided to save it in the "C:\" directory in a folder called "PDSpeed."

So, what I entered was (without quotes): "C:\PDSpeed\PDSpeed.exe"

You can just leave the "Script Parameters" section blank.

Click "OK" to finish adding the command and then click "OK" one more time to close the "Logon Properties" window.

Now, you will not need to manually start up the script, it will start automatically everytime Windows starts up.

Please note that these instructions were made for Windows 7, so they may vary for different versions of Windows.

I hope this helps other people.

Thanks again Peter for your useful script!
Anybody know if this is possible with PowerDirector 9?

I have timecode sheets that list the points for particular camera angles and would love to be able to divide up the timecode when importing footage.

I suppose just doing it clip-by-clip (eg. importing the start of the tape to a certain point and saving that as a file, and then continuing the tape until another point, etc.) is the only way to do this?
Hello!

I have PowerDirector 9 Ultra.

When importing video, is there a way to select a start and end point for timecode capture?

The feature is available in Final Cut Pro, where for a scene you can enter a start and end timecode number for a scene. There was also a "batch" capture available where I believe you could input multiple start and end points for more than one scene.

The software would then rewind, fast forward, etc. to capture the video based on the start timecode and end timecode parameters.

Thanks!

~Patrick
Go to: