Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >

Yeah, Pepsi it must be a mobo issue.

I saw your pic (thanks) and nothing like that shows up. Unless there's a quick fix I'll have my computer guy ck. it out.

You got me there.

As stated earlier, I have Windows XP Home, SP3, Nvidia nforce 430/410, AMD 64processor 3500+.

I looked in Device Mgr. but can't find mobo info.

Mobo?

Well, that's just it. In PD9 only the mic and avchd will light up in the capture window. No picture, but wave editor will try to pick up audio. That's it.

In Movie Maker, I click on capture and I get "no capture device recognized."

I just tried using Windows Movie Maker as Redwing Roger suggested. Nothing there either.

There must be something missing in my computer to make this happen.

I have Windows XP Home, SP3, Nvidia nforce 430/410, AMD 64processor 3500+

DVD recorder a bit costly and I'll lose some resolution. Any other thoughts appreciated.

I'll check the stand alone DVD recorder - and I do appreciate your info.

I guess I expected the capture function to easily import my dv footage right into PD9. But I can't get any reading in my computer to just see footage when I hook to camcorder or dv player.

So to be clear, you have to transition dv footage to a dvd, then send to PD9, in order to edit?

Also, I went to Kworld site.

There are tons of downloads. For this issue, which is the right one?

So would you recommend PD8 for a starter, then go to PD9 once the bugs are better tweaked?

Importing video to edit is of course a big deal to most. I believe my computer /firewire wouldn't have any problem here. This should be quite simple and is a big decision maker in purchasing.

Thanks for the info on the MPEG/MOV. At least that puzzle is solved.

Pepsi,

I can't capture mini dv in PD9 ultra trial version. I have a Panasonic dv player - (AG dv100) and camcorder - Panasonic -(AG dvc15).

In reading this thread, something like Windows Live Movie Maker will capture - then I send to PD9 for editing?

I have Windows XP service pack 3
64 bit Anthlon processor
Nvidia card

Voila! Pepsi rocks!

Pepsi's info worked (whew). Took some doing but used SUPER and got there. I was able to change to mpeg4 and all is well in PD9. Now on to editing challenges.

Thanks guys for the help so far. Without a good forum this would be too irritating. (It's challenging enough as it is).

Pepsi,

That website has a lot of info. After scrolling thru, I started to download SUPER. It also real player, scroll bar etc. Seems like a lot of stuff.

If this isn't right where is the download?

Pepsi,

Is the SUPER converter - in the Media Espresso 6 download?

If this is not it, I'm not sure where you found it.

Here's what my workstation looks like when loaded. I appreciate all the info. I'll now search and check for SUPER converter.

Thanks again!

Here is one MPEG from my file. I downloaded the PD9 ultra version. The clip is from a Kodak Easy Share 7440 still camera. It plays in Quicktime.

I'm now able to hear audio in preview (I adjusted volume within my computer). However, it will not go onto audio track in the timeline - I get a little hand that won't allow for pulldown to audio track.

I'm running and AMD Athlon 64 processor 3500+
2.21GHz 992 MB of RAM
Windows XP Home
Service Pack 3

Also, I do search info before asking.

Pepsi,

Thanks for the info. I did check volume and it appears all the way up. My speakers are turned on and I should be hearing it. The file is on my desktop where it plays fine. Yet when transported into PD9 - audio not there. It must be something simple I'm missing here.

I have Anthlon 64processor, 2.2GHZ, 900+ram.

Howdy,

I'm new to PD9 and I'm using the trial version. This is a software I'm very interested in.

I can convert an MPEG video, to editor - but with no audio. It won't split when I right click, and it won't go into the audio track.

Why no audio??
Go to: