Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >

I’ve just tried to upload a video file to Face book via Power Director 9, and though it is successful, it is loaded onto my personal page rather than my business page which is linked to my personal page. This has happened once before and I got around this by deleting the video off my personal page and uploading the video directly from my business page without using Power Director.
However, the same thing has also happened this time, but with a different problem. When I select the “Packed Folder” in question containing the video, I am informed by Face book that it does not support this file type, which is MPEG-4.

Why will it upload after being produced by Power Director, but not from the face book page using Facebooks upload procedure?

Thanks

Peter
Hi Everyone
I’m focusing right now on getting set up with equipment to produce the best audio I can while shooting video. I Intend using an external recorder and do the synchronizing during post editing with a program such as Pluraleyes. I will be doing mainly “Interview” type video clips, therefore I intend using an NTG-2 shotgun microphone along with the Zoom H4n recorder and a field mixer which I shall add at a later date (as my budget allows). My question is this. How does one add Bass, Treb, and Reverb etc, to the audio. Is this done on the field mixer, and what part (if any) would Power Director 9 or WaveEditor play in performing this during post edit? I am assuming that devices such as pre-amps like the JuicedLink DT454, and recorder like the Zoom H4n, are mainly designed to reduce the noise floor and hiss in the audio, and cannot add these effects.

Thanks

Peter
Thanks again Adrian
Have a good day
Peter
Hi Robert,
No, I have not tried to located the files in Windows file manager but I will give that a shot later. Fortunately not a great deal was lost and it won’t be that difficult to import the files again onto the timeline. I began this project with the intention of using it to gain a learning curve in Power Director, but it seems that in the process, I’m learning a few other things about Windows while doing so, which is good.
Thanks again for your input.

Hi Adrian,
I’m beginning to better understand now what is necessary to safely back-up a project. In my efforts to do so, I remember renaming the file while creating a separate folder for the back-up copy. I shall look around to see if I can locate the tutorial you mention on, “Project Planning.” If you remember where it is, I’d appreciate you letting me know in case I can‘t locate it.
Thanks also for the instruction Adrian.

Note: On another subject for a moment guys. How does one contact someone like yourself without posting it on the forum. I don’t see any links such as FAQ’s on how to use the forum.
1. What does clicking on “Private Messages” do?
2. I notice a small icon in the top left hand corner of the post from the responding individual which says [Post
New], where does that go?
3. How do you use, and what does the “Member Listing” do?

Peter
Thanks guys for the input. I checked and found that the "Auto Save" function was enabled and set for every 10 minutes which I have reduced to 5. However, I am having difficulty in locating the missing files. I suppose that if the auto save was set to 10 minute intervals, it is possible I lost the missing files in question, after the previous auto save but before the last one. I presume that if (in the future) I use the "File" - "Export" - "Pack" feature to save all files to an archive, their is really no need to enable the "Auto Save" as I can simply go to the archives if this was to happen again, correct? Having said that, if "Auto Save" is enabled, this file could become very large unless it has a size limit with the oldest files being deleted as new ones are added. Is this the case or must they be manually deleted?

Peter
The video I am working on has about 45 video clips in it. However when I opened up Power Director 9 to continue work on the project, an error box appeared stating, “An error occurred trying to open this media file.” It gave the file number and an option to browse or ignore the file. I clicked “Ignore” and was taken through 19 more files (clips) that wouldn’t open. These files were in the middle of the timeline and though they would not open, they remain on the timeline as a black background. They represent 2 groups of files, with each group being shot together on separate occasions. The only thing I remember doing is importing an audio file onto the timeline which I had downloaded from a video on You Tube and then deleting it until I was really ready for it. However, the audio file is only about 3.4 mins long versus the approximately 14 mins of media files that cannot be opened.
I have a separate folded which contains back-up copies of each session. I deleted the file in question in my project folder and imported a fresh copy of the back-up file into the same location but the results were the same.

Peter
Go to: